Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: What was Caldwell thinking on 3rd and 22?

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    It was a patented Ravens play. Throw deep to the sidelines and the worst that can happen is a pick that acts like a punt. IMO that's a Harbaugh play--we called it constantly when Cam was here, and yet now we have a totally different coordinator in Caldwell and we're running the exact same plays. That tells me Harbaugh puts those in the gameplan, not anybody else.

Oh and by the way, once again... if McKinnie could block his man, Torrey Smith was open to the right throw. I don't blame the play call and I don't blame Flacco. You've got to try to win the football game. Playing for the punt is playing to lose.
    I believe that is where Flacco was going too...Torrey had a few steps on his guy. 1/2 a second longer and that is likely a TD or a huge gain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I say that was just an attempt to get more yards for a better punt after seeing the lack of distance punting from Koch today and also a great play by Dion Jordan.

Blog Entries

I thought surely they were going to run to the right, because leading up to that McKinnie was getting smoked, AND the Dolphins were getting pressure right up the middle. On the pick six I think it was a delayed safety blitz; on the play before I forget who it was, but it was a carbon copy. It was apparent that the Dolphins had something working on that series; and also apparent that we hadn't adjusted to it yet. So given that at that moment we were clearly being out-schemed and hadn't thought up a response to it yet, I didn't think we'd risk it again on that play, but that was precisely what happened.

Hate to add this, because my criticisms of Flacco haven't been many over the years, but his lack of pocket awareness jumps off the TV screen at me. It is really a peculiar, very, very odd feature of his game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    I say that was just an attempt to get more yards for a better punt after seeing the lack of distance punting from Koch today and also a great play by Dion Jordan.
    This.

If they would have ran a draw, people would have complained that they were being too conservative. Dammed of you do dammed if you don't sometimes. Caldwell has been pretty bad, but I had no problems with that one.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Personally I liked the call, if McKinnie gave any fucks and would just stand his fatass in Jordan's way could of been a big gain. Was just a great play by Jordan getting there as the ball was released. Shit happens. Compared to a 2 yard draw play and punt. I like the aggressiveness, yea it sucks but I think it's good to build that confidence.

Blog Entries

You don't have time to constantly rely on your defense like that, especially since your offense is trying to gain confidence.

3rd and 22, you try to get the first down. You don't settle for punting out of your own end zone, especially during a game where Koch was off. If Miami goes down and scores (Which, if you didn't see that great play by Tannehill to get them in position for the game tying field goal, you would have thought highly unlikely), Harbaugh is getting crushed for being too conservative, like he always is. You got and get your W's. You don't wait for them to come to you.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    ????? Didn't cost us? What worse can happen on a play assuming no one is injured?
    Didn't cost us the game. We still won.

I liked the call, smith was open, flacco seen him, and it could so easily have been 7 for us if McKinnie just got him pushed like half a foot further round the back of joe

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    I thought surely they were going to run to the right, because leading up to that McKinnie was getting smoked, AND the Dolphins were getting pressure right up the middle. On the pick six I think it was a delayed safety blitz; on the play before I forget who it was, but it was a carbon copy. It was apparent that the Dolphins had something working on that series; and also apparent that we hadn't adjusted to it yet. So given that at that moment we were clearly being out-schemed and hadn't thought up a response to it yet, I didn't think we'd risk it again on that play, but that was precisely what happened.

Hate to add this, because my criticisms of Flacco haven't been many over the years, but his lack of pocket awareness jumps off the TV screen at me. It is really a peculiar, very, very odd feature of his game.
    Not sure how that play displayed a lack of pocket awareness? He was in the process of unloading the ball and every quarterback in situations like that has no alternative but to trust his left tackle to hold his block. Flacco can't possibly be "aware" that McKinnie failed on his block while he's winding up to throw until it's too late.

Blog Entries

Being that the oline was having another bad game and the D was playing well, it was probably not the best call. But I like the aggressive play calling.

Blog Entries

it was bad call, when the LT don't give a fuck don't call plays like that. At one point during a game break one of the analysis said Mckinnie is playing purely lazy there is no effort from him today.

Blog Entries

Harbaugh admits it was a mistake
    http://wnst.net/audio-vault/?listen=...olphins%20team.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!