Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: The Good, the Bad and the...

Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    Ozzie gave up TWO thirds for mcgahee!
    Yea, like 8 years ago when the RB still had some value.

The Colts traded a 1st for Trent Richardson a few weeks ago. That wasn't a good move, but makes more sense than someone giving up a 2 for Rice.

Rice is soon to be 27 years old. He has a lot of wear and tear on his body.

I think the best thing to so is to slowly move Pierce into the starting role and spell him with Rice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Palmer hadn't really retired, he wanted to play, just not for the Bengals.

And young QB's have been traded for picks since the beginning of time.

There is no comparison to the value of the two positions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Brown's got a first for TR. His 3.5 avg. Per carry. Plus missed games and isn't as good as Rice. Trent has NO moves and isn't a HR hitter. You never know.

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    I agree with many of the observations on Rice. He just looks suddenly old. No pop, no explosiveness and, while he's always had this tendency to look like he stubs his toe and falls down, now he's doing it after a one yard gain. You watch the top backs in other games and they're just on another level.
    He's no longer explosive and the fumbles are starting to be a problem. He no longer wins the one on one battle with lbs in space. I wonder about his health

Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    Brown's got a first for TR. His 3.5 avg. Per carry. Plus missed games and isn't as good as Rice. Trent has NO moves and isn't a HR hitter. You never know.
    Trent Richardson is younger, WAY cheaper and still had many people believing that those numbers were bad just because he played in Cleveland.

The contract is a huge part of this too.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by celticrob View Post
    He's no longer explosive and the fumbles are starting to be a problem. He no longer wins the one on one battle with lbs in space. I wonder about his health
    Either the hip is still a huge issue or he is starting to wear down...another reason to despise Schiano as he ran Rice into the ground at Rutgers with 947 touches in college.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I do not have an issue with this thread. I just want to say how worried I was about this Miami game AND how grateful I am that this team found a way to win. After the horrendous performance the Ravens gave in Buffalo against a very mediocre Bills squad, you knew their next game would be a BIG test of their resolve to keep themselves in contention this season. They are still a work in progress, awaiting the return of Jones and Pitta and the incorporation of Monroe. But a loss would have damaged their confidence as a team.

Blog Entries

Trent Richardson is younger, WAY cheaper and still had many people believing that those numbers were bad just because he played in Cleveland.

The contract is a huge part of this too.
    That's why I said a 2nd not a first. I think he isn't 100% either, but was t that good last year at the end either.

X

Blog Entries

Trent Richardson is younger, WAY cheaper and still had many people believing that those numbers were bad just because he played in Cleveland...
    Speaking of Cleveland, I ran into a Browns fan on Saturday and he said he couldn't find his team in the newspaper standings. I asked him if he looked at 1st place(?) He answered that he never looks that high for the Browns... Bc

I thought Upshaw had a nice game, but maybe he just had a few nice plays.

I can't believe what I'm reading on here. Ray Rice is hurt. And our OL has sucked in a big bad ugly way. You could put Jim Brown, Jamal Lewis, Orenthal Simpson or Billy Sims behind this line & they wouldn't be able to run for a 3 ypc avg. It's so easy to criticize. If anyone has ever had a hip injury, you'd know that it makes it damn near impossible to cut laterally without re-injuring it, causing immense pain, and if the range of motion isn't back to 100% it's a wonder he's even on the field.

He's old? Slow? Between last year's 4th & 29 conversion and today??? Absolutely amazing how quick to go negative some people are. Hope your mom never makes a bad dinner or the nursing home will be in her immediate future....

Come on people! Rice is a star & deservedly so. As for the fumbles, he has a ridiculously low carries per fumble average. He's had a few recently & it needs to be corrected. But DAMN! I wonder how many of the critics on here has ever played a sport at a high level. Every single person on that field was by far the best player on their rec league & travel team, their HS team, & their college team. The worst guy on an NFL roster is still a freak of nature & one of the best ever to do what he does. Throw in Ray's heart, his will to win (think about the contrast between his work ethic & that of #78), durability and his community involvement and anyone suggesting a trade should reconsider their position.

Blog Entries

I can see why people are trying to put Rice into the bad/ugly category. We're used to seeing Rice as a very explosive weapon, and that was not the Rice we saw today. Can't tell if it's the hip flexor, wear and tear, or what, but he can't shake a tackle anymore, he can't seem to burst through for big gains, and seems to be simply a dump off option in the passing game, rather than a major weapon like a Sproles.

That said, just look at Pierce's day. He had the one 28 yard gain. Outside of that, he also was getting next to nothing in terms of big plays. I think the running lanes just weren't there with this OL. I saw one play where Rice got the handoff, and had to curve around the OL getting in his way. Having to run outside to get around the OL, then cut back in, there was nothing there by that point and he got a total of one yard on what could've been 7-8 if it was blocked right. And I do think the hip flexor is still factoring in as well.

He goes in the good category for getting the 2 TDs, that's it.

Joe goes in neither category. Miami has pretty decent CBs in my opinion. Nolan Carroll and Brent Grimes are not bad CBs. And Joe did find ways to pick on them, I mean he did throw for over 250 yards today. And that was with Torrey and two guys who have barely played WR meaningfully this year.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

As bad as the Rice contract is. He probably won`t be seing any of the incentive bonuses. I`m not entirely sure how that works, but in all likelyhood he`s gonna have a helluva time trying to gain 1200 yards rushing, 550 yards recieving along with the offense being in the top 10. That means he will lose 7 million. So the Ravens will only pay 28 million, instead of 35, if he even plays out the contract.