Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Clay Matthews suffers broken thumb

I'm sure he'll probably just put the cast/club on it but it did cause him to miss the rest of the game.

The Ravens always catch semi or full on injury breaks to the other teams best player when they play good/elite teams.

Re: Clay Matthews suffers broken thumb

He'll play

iggyman555 Guest

Packers OLB Clay Matthews suffered a broken thumb in Green Bay's Week 5 win over the Lions.
    According to both FOX Sports' Mike Garofolo and the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, it's unclear if Matthews will be able to play through it. He suffered the injury late in Sunday's win. Per beat writer Tom Silverstein, the injury could require surgery, which is what would hold Matthews out. If an operation wasn't required, he would likely just play with a club on his hand. Matthews' status will be updated no later than coach Mike McCarthy's Monday presser.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5278

5. Re: Clay Matthews suffers broken thumb

Remember Ellerbe playing last year with 2 broken thumbs? LOL those casts looked hilarious

iggyman555 Guest

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5278

Packers coach Mike McCarthy is "hopeful" Clay Matthews' broken thumb isn't a season-ending injury.
    In other words, there's a chance Matthews' injury is season-ending. Matthews is meeting with doctors Monday afternoon. If they recommend surgery, Matthews' year is likely through. If not, he could resume playing as early as Week 6 with a club on his hand. Matthews' status should be updated within the next 24 hours.

Blog Entries

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 6m
    Packers LB Clay Matthews still is undergoing more testing, but he is expected to miss one month with a broken thumb.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 6m
    Packers LB Clay Matthews still is undergoing more testing, but he is expected to miss one month with a broken thumb.
    Wow, that's surprising. Like comments above, I just figured they'd put it in a club and carry on...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Wow, that's surprising. Like comments above, I just figured they'd put it in a club and carry on...
    I guess it's serious enough to where they can't risk further injury?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I'll take it. We're going to have to score some points next week. Having him out helps.

Blog Entries

That's a major loss. I doubt they will get to the qb without a blitz. Plus, he is good vs the run. One of top 5 defenders in the game. Packers also have major oline issues on the road.

12. Re: Clay Matthews suffers broken thumb

Good news for us.....Very surprised he's going to miss a month over it though, like I said earlier Ellerbe gutted it out last year with both his thumbs broken.