Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Clay Matthews suffers broken thumb

Must have been a nasty break to need surgery. I didn't wish it on him, but it's a break he won't play.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    @JayGlazer: Clay Matthews had successful surgery on his thumb today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Well thank the heavens!

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

The injury was a Bennett fracture. That's why he needed surgery and can't play. It's actually quite a serious injury which will result in severe damage to the hand's function and intractable osteoarthritis if not treated correctly. One of those soft casts like what Ellerbe had on his hand wouldn't cut it, because the two fragments of bone need to be immobilized completely to prevent the articular surface from rotating out of position and remaining like that for the rest of his life. Check out this Wikipedia link. I found it very interesting. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bennett's_fracture. According to this, thumb function makes up 50% of the hand's function. Not something you would want to mess with.

Brad Jones also ruled out

That's another starting LB

Blog Entries

CB Casey Hayward missing practice...he may not play this weekend.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Brad Jones is pretty decent, but AJ Hawk is just average. Significant loss for them.

We'll need all the help we can get. GB could make our secondary look helpless.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    We'll need all the help we can get. GB could make our secondary look helpless.
    I would argue the opposite as well. Especially with Stokley, Marlon, and possibly Jacoby returning.
    90% of the game is half mental

Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    That's a major loss. I doubt they will get to the qb without a blitz. Plus, he is good vs the run. One of top 5 defenders in the game. Packers also have major oline issues on the road.
    Major loss for sure but the Packers do not blitz often. They are a 3-4 so in nickel or dime you'll probably see 4-5 rushers. When they do blitz it's as often from a CB as a LB. With the LB health it would probably come from the CBs.
    Packers will move Nick Perry (265) will move to Clay's spot and Mike Neal (275) will move to LOLB. Matthews is superb against the run but that makes for a pretty stout front 5 for Green Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMRaven View Post
    The injury was a Bennett fracture. That's why he needed surgery and can't play. It's actually quite a serious injury which will result in severe damage to the hand's function and intractable osteoarthritis if not treated correctly. One of those soft casts like what Ellerbe had on his hand wouldn't cut it, because the two fragments of bone need to be immobilized completely to prevent the articular surface from rotating out of position and remaining like that for the rest of his life. Check out this Wikipedia link. I found it very interesting. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bennett's_fracture. According to this, thumb function makes up 50% of the hand's function. Not something you would want to mess with.
    Thanks for this post, you just saved me a bunch of time!

(Obligatory) Hate to see injuries, but.....

At the end of the day, all that counts is the, 'W' and if it betters the Ravens chances to winning the game with GB players out, then so be it. No one at the end of the season will discount a win due to injuries.

Still hate the fact the Ravens dropped the ball in Buffalo.

Well the football gods don't totally hate us. Sucks for the Pack and fans, but with our oline issues, this will at least make the contest even (ish).
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.