can help us now so he can't be concerned about what happens after
    the season when he's a FA.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...0-ad579c999958

Blog Entries

Re: Ozzie says Monroe can help us NOW!!

Monroe is a strong pick up.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

I just can't imagine McKinnie being showcased tomorrow. His money this year is guaranteed. No matter how many chances he has been given to get with the program he just hasn't done it.

Frankly I am more worried that not only would Bryant not play well knowing what the writing on the wall is, I would fear he would play even worse and allow Joe to get injured. After all he saw last offseason the Ravens were not extremely interested in having him back and no other team wanted him. He has to know this is the end of his playing days. He probably feels offended as most normal humans do when they believe they are being wronged.

Of course the Ravens leadership knows better than I what is really going on, but my gut reaction is that Bryant should not play another down for the Ravens. It's too risky, and he has shown me the strength of character to believe otherwise.

I sure hope Monroe starts for the reasons you said but also Monroe like to run block and do his job as great as he can. Bmac can sit and think about his next party, his retirement party.
    I'm pissed off for greatness!!

Twitter Bmore Finest

It looks like we're getting a quality LT on the cheap as the Jags have picked up the bulk of Monroe's salary for this year. Ozzie loves his picks and I don't think he'd give up a 4th and 5th rounder to rent Monroe for one year. He has to be thinking there's at least a potential future for him here.

I'd be surprised if he played today having only been with the team a few days but if he does, that would be a pretty fair indicator of what they thought of B-Mac's effort through 4 weeks. I'm okay with him not playing today. I just hope he's playing in the post season and beyond and that he's the LT we've been looking for. He's 26, athletic, smart and keeps himself fit. If we can get our 0-line set for the next few years the sky is the limit.

Blog Entries

Great posts everyone. Ozzie ain't gonna let Eugene bolt after giving
    up those picks. That means Oher is outta hear but not too many fans
    around town will shed any tears over that.

I thought I read that somebody twitted that MOnroe is open to
    an extension. He's happy about going to a PO team and a SB team
    at that with a chance of repeating plus his wife was born here,
    so she's coming home. She might have something to say about that.

As far as Mac playing, even he is too professional to let anything
    happen to Joe if he plays today, not deliberately if that was the
    implication above. He still wants to play although sometimes he
    doesn't act like it.

He'll have something to prove and would play with a chip on his
    shoulder. There's nobody that does it better when he brings his
    A game with him and inserting him and moving KO over sent
    us to the SB trophy last year.

Blog Entries

Mac will only start if Monroe truly is not ready. He's had 10+ years in the league. Teams are going to go by that, and the first 4 games of film this year, to evaluate him. There is no showcasing for a trade.

I'd like to think the only reason we still have him is to make sure Monroe gets up to speed, and/or that there are multiple teams out there with competing bids, so that we have a shot at landing an actual specific draft pick rather than some kind of conditional thing. But that is almost surely wishful thinking.

The real reason he's still here because he's better than Jah Read and Ricky Wagner, and that's it.

Would love to see Monroe play today, but only if he's ready. It's time to move on from BMac.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Mac will only start if Monroe truly is not ready. He's had 10+ years in the league. Teams are going to go by that, and the first 4 games of film this year, to evaluate him. There is no showcasing for a trade.

I'd like to think the only reason we still have him is to make sure Monroe gets up to speed, and/or that there are multiple teams out there with competing bids, so that we have a shot at landing an actual specific draft pick rather than some kind of conditional thing. But that is almost surely wishful thinking.

The real reason he's still here because he's better than Jah Read and Ricky Wagner, and that's it.
    But McKinnie is only a LT; the rest of the subs would have to cover every other position. Without Mac the fallback option of Oher to LT always exists. Michael has his limitations but he'll always give 100%.

I have to think that if Oz can work out a way for the team to benefit by trading Mac, he's gone. Unfortunately, IIRC, releasing or even trading McKinnie may actually worsen the team's current cap situation. If so, that's probably at least as important on the list of reasons to keep him on the roster.

Put the best players on the field and win the game, don't over think this. As NC stated, there's 4 games of film on McKinney already, no reason to try and polish the turd. After this season we'll never see him again if not before, Monroe is our guy now and into the future. He's in shape and is a definite upgrade as a run blocker immediately, a glaring weakness of the offense. Pass blocking won't see a drop off either as we've seen McKinney standing around not blocking anyone this year while Joe is in peril. I'll be surprised if he's not starting.

Blog Entries

This talk of McKinnie trades rings about as solid as the talk about trading Doss at the end of preseason. We all knew no one was going to take him on for compensation, it was just us hoping and praying. Don't see anyone trading for McKinnie.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    This talk of McKinnie trades rings about as solid as the talk about trading Doss at the end of preseason. We all knew no one was going to take him on for compensation, it was just us hoping and praying. Don't see anyone trading for McKinnie.
    There is a big difference between WR and LT. There is a severe shortage of even adequate LTs in the league. That is not the case for WRs. IMO, the Ravens will be able to find a trade partner to move McKinnie if they so choose.