Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: What was Harbaugh doing after game ended?

yeah, post game reports said Harbaugh was going around telling the players to go thank the fans for coming. Classy man, classy.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Way to go Ravens Fans!!!
    And kudos to Coach Harbaugh for recognizing them.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Good coach, great representative for the Ravens. Harbaugh has made his presence known to Ravens fans all the time. He appreciates what the fans do for the Ravens. Bet Biscotti is the same way.

I don't travel to root for the Ravens myself (can't afford the time & expense). But I am curious where most of those fans come from. On the TV broadcasts you can clearly hear them yell "Leach!" when Vonta catches a pass. And it doesn't seem to matter what part of the country the Ravens play.

Do they actually travel from the Baltimore area or are they local transplanted fans who buy tickets for when the Ravens are in town? I cannot imagine them being 'bandwagon' fans they picked up since Febuary.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
    I don't travel to root for the Ravens myself (can't afford the time & expense). But I am curious where most of those fans come from. On the TV broadcasts you can clearly hear them yell "Leach!" when Vonta catches a pass. And it doesn't seem to matter what part of the country the Ravens play.

Do they actually travel from the Baltimore area or are they local transplanted fans who buy tickets for when the Ravens are in town? I cannot imagine them being 'bandwagon' fans they picked up since Febuary.
    A couple years ago, i went on an away trip to Miami and there were thousands of Ravens fans that flew down to Miami. Just read the Miami Herald where the reporter stated that about 20,000 Ravens fans were at the game!

Quote Originally Posted by Loco Ravens Fan View Post
    A couple years ago, i went on an away trip to Miami and there were thousands of Ravens fans that flew down to Miami. Just read the Miami Herald where the reporter stated that about 20,000 Ravens fans were at the game!
    Looked like it must have been a pretty easy ticket. There must have been 15,000 fans disguised as empty seats. There was lots of purple, and you could hear them right from the opening kickoff.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    yeah, post game reports said Harbaugh was going around telling the players to go thank the fans for coming. Classy man, classy.
    if we lost would the same happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Loco Ravens Fan View Post
    A few people from Roost 610 here in Houston went to the game.

Tampa has a pretty large fan group as well. I bet a lot of them made the trip.

I did a rewind on the DVR & he said something to the effect of "let's do a lap & thank the fans". In the moment I was confused, so re-watched it a couple times.

We definitely got the classier Harbaugh!

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Upper deck looked half empty mid to end third quarter
    Watched the game on Sky sports, and they had a text message read where the person asked the commentators if the Dolphins were celebrating Halloween early by having their fans dress up as empty seats! LMAO!!

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
    Judging by the number of fans attired in purple at the airports, most Ravens road games support comes from the Baltimore area. Moreso at the three Florida cities, New Orl\eans, Nashville, Charlotte, and, of course, Landover.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

I try to go to a couple road games a year. The coach always seems to do this when we win. Suggs has always joined him when I have gone to the games. I believe most of these folks come from Baltimore. I think the cheap SW and AirTran flights help, also a lot of people drive to games . A couple of years ago the Charlotte game looked like a home game. Far more Ravens fans in town, on the road, at the tailgates, and in the stands.

I think the Florida games attract a lot of folks because of the plentiful (and therefore cheap)tickets.

I always thought almost all Ravens fans have some connection to Baltimore. Seems obvious, but when you think about the fact we are a fairly young team, how we got the team, and a lot of folks thoughts on Ray (I could not believe what some of the Buffalo fans were saying about him last week . Seems even worse now that he is an announcer) we have far fewer bandwagon fans then the more established teams.