Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Blog Entries

Re: Over/Under - McKinnie Gets Cut Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Loyola View Post
    I don't want Joe Flacco's future in the hands of McKinnie and Sweet Pea!
    No, not McKinnie
    However SweetPea could bottle up the pass rush :p

On a serious note, I don't think he gets cut.... we kept Bobbie Williams who wasn't really great either, but better depth than street.
    IMO, either McKinnie gets traded for salary relief of some sort, or he is inactivated game days barring injury.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Another issue here...McKinnie is playing the toughest position on the line and is way past his prime at 34.

There aren't many high quality LT's at that age. He likely is just losing it and is just about over the hill...even JO was getting to be a shell of himself at that age. JO was just smart enough to retire.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    JO was used to a higher standard. He also had turf toe that never really healed. But I get your point. Trust me, their are several teams that would want BigMAC AS thier starter and for sure depth. He is a good luxury to have unless some desperate team knocks on your door. Things change fast in the NFL. What if Duane Browns toe doesn't heal completely, things happen.

Given all the injuries we've seen with LTs this year it's best to keep Mckinnie on the bench to provide depth and I cringe when I say that. He's proven to be serviceable just not reliable 100% of the time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Given all the injuries we've seen with LTs this year it's best to keep Mckinnie on the bench to provide depth and I cringe when I say that. He's proven to be serviceable just not reliable 100% of the time.
    McKinnie has also proven to be durable throughout his career. I think he has only missed 2 games in his entire career due to injury.

Still not sure I wouldn't rather have Wagner at LT busting his ass and learning than McKinnie half-assing it every play if Monroe got injured. End result probably isn't much different but at least there's an upside and work ethic to Wagner.

I haven't had time to peruse this whole thread but IMO McKinnie's total lack of effort yesterday is beyond inexcusable and he MUST be cut today. He just completely phoned the game in, and it could have ended up with Flacco seriously injured and the season lost. This is way beyond just having a poor game--McKinnie just doesn't care about the team in the slightest.

If I'm the Ravens' brass, McKinnie is not the kind of person I want on my team or in my life at all. He is an embarrassment as a football player and a man and it's a philosophical issue at this point. He has to go.

Blog Entries

I still say if they can trade him, great. Otherwise keep him for depth. They can always deactivate him on gamedays if he's not needed but if there was an injury to one of the starting tackles and he was not on the team, it would be a big problem. He's better as a backup than cut

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I haven't had time to peruse this whole thread but IMO McKinnie's total lack of effort yesterday is beyond inexcusable and he MUST be cut today. He just completely phoned the game in, and it could have ended up with Flacco seriously injured and the season lost. This is way beyond just having a poor game--McKinnie just doesn't care about the team in the slightest.

If I'm the Ravens' brass, McKinnie is not the kind of person I want on my team or in my life at all. He is an embarrassment as a football player and a man and it's a philosophical issue at this point. He has to go.
    This plus fuck yea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post

As much as I want to agree with you, we need to do whats best for the team, and if it causes cap ramifications to cut him, then I wouldn't do it. We can't let personal issues get in the way of whats best for the team. At least he isn't a locker room cancer. Ok, he's a POS, but I doubt he's effecting a strong locker room such as ours.

Blog Entries

He's still around. I still believe they're trying to trade him but if not, he stays

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Well I haven't received the WNST txt message yet on McKinnie. I assume he's still on the team.