Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Re: Over/Under - McKinnie Gets Cut Tomorrow

I wouldn't cut him. Just sit him like last year, and let him be a backup just in case.
    Now if I was Ozzie, I'll be back on the horn with JAC. See if the fire sale down there is still going. See what it worth for A Blackmon trade. Send them a 3rd, give them Bmac, and Dickson. Maybe throw in Cody if healthy. They need a tackle, Dickson caught some balls, and they can wash their hand of Blackmon. They do that, they will be sure to get another pick from us and the number one pick in draft for sure.
    I'm pissed off for greatness!!

Twitter Bmore Finest

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    That's bunk because he was here last year with those exact same issues. He was always "lazy", he has always had people saying he doesn't give max effort...where were you at the start of last season when 80% of the board had their pitchforks and torches out when he missed the first week of camp? A guy who was benched for an inferior player.

Absolutely nothing has changed other than him giving message board posters more reason to hate him by having the party bus incident....something that as more time goes on, the less of a deal it was...and I never thought it was in the first place.

He isn't playing well...along with the rest of the line. It's silly to single him out when there are daily posts about how bad Gino is and how awful KO has been all year. And let's not make it out like he hasn't had bad stretches in prior years either.

Last year was a much worse year in regards to his effort and missing those days in camp was a much worse transgression than anything he's done this year...yet this cancer/malcontent had one of the teams most respected leaders (Reed) pissed when we were about to cut him at the start of last season and was on camera talking about the line with McKinnie was all world and what he wanted to see all season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    This. Admittedly, I wanted him gone after the partybus incident, but it makes no sense to cut him. Anyone paying attention to what happened in Jacksonville? They are screwed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmore finest View Post
    I wouldn't cut him. Just sit him like last year, and let him be a backup just in case.
    Now if I was Ozzie, I'll be back on the horn with JAC. See if the fire sale down there is still going. See what it worth for A Blackmon trade. Send them a 3rd, give them Bmac, and Dickson. Maybe throw in Cody if healthy. They need a tackle, Dickson caught some balls, and they can wash their hand of Blackmon. They do that, they will be sure to get another pick from us and the number one pick in draft for sure.
    How would they even fit Blackman under the cap? He was a top 5 pick and signed a fully guaranteed contract.

That's bunk because he was here last year with those exact same issues. He was always "lazy", he has always had people saying he doesn't give max effort...where were you at the start of last season when 80% of the board had their pitchforks and torches out when he missed the first week of camp? A guy who was benched for an inferior player.

Absolutely nothing has changed other than him giving message board posters more reason to hate him by having the party bus incident....something that as more time goes on, the less of a deal it was...and I never thought it was in the first place.

He isn't playing well...along with the rest of the line. It's silly to single him out when there are daily posts about how bad Gino is and how awful KO has been all year. And let's not make it out like he hasn't had bad stretches in prior years either.

Last year was a much worse year in regards to his effort and missing those days in camp was a much worse transgression than anything he's done this year...yet this cancer/malcontent had one of the teams most respected leaders (Reed) pissed when we were about to cut him at the start of last season and was on camera talking about the line with McKinnie was all world and what he wanted to see all season.
    Not exactly like last year.

Last year, he wasn't (almost) costing us wins by his laziness like he did today.

All of the things you stated is just more fuel on the fire, not excuses to dismiss him because he's no worse than he has been. The fact that he was horrible all day and if I was a team mate of his I would have no faith in him as a team mate as they all sit in the film room watching him give up on plays.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Not exactly like last year.

Last year, he wasn't (almost) costing us wins by his laziness like he did today.
    Seriously?

Of all the plays, missed blocks, missed throws, missed running lanes, you are singling McKinnie is the one guy who almost cost us the win?

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    All of the things you stated is just more fuel on the fire, not excuses to dismiss him because he's no worse than he has been. The fact that he was horrible all day and if I was a team mate of his I would have no faith in him as a team mate as they all sit in the film room watching him give up on plays.
    Well you aren't a teammate and by all appearances, his teammates don't consider him a cancer because you and some message board posters don't like him.

This is hilarious.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

I was at the game today and was keying in on McKinnie quite a bit. It seemed to my untrained eye that he was not going 100%. I won't go so far as to say he mailed it in. But you gotta wonder.

What happened to KO? I noticed Shipley was in and KO was sitting by himself on the bench at times with no one near him.

Over/Under - McKinnie Gets Cut Tomorrow

Seriously?

Of all the plays, missed blocks, missed throws, missed running lanes, you are singling McKinnie is the one guy who almost cost us the win?
    Yeah.

I am also singling him out as almost getting Joe killed out there.

It's one thing if he's playing bad in the general sense. His play is getting hands on Joe. His play caused a pick 6.

That's light years different from last season. He's checked out more so than ever before.

Yes, the rest of the line played like monkey poo out there. But at least they're trying and sucking.

Mack is not trying, sucking and costing us in ways he never has before.

iggyman555 Guest

why was camwell not putting a te/rb to chip block on big macs side, i still dont have an answer to that?

Blog Entries

Yeah.

Mack is not trying, sucking and costing us in ways he never has before.
    That's the biggest issue. It's also why the Ravens FO went out and got Monroe. It's not just us message board guys getting on McKinnie for being lazy and giving poor effort.

Yeah.

I am also singling him out as almost getting Joe killed out there.

It's one thing if he's playing bad in the general sense. His play is getting hands on Joe. His play caused a pick 6.

That's light years different from last season. He's checked out more so than ever before.
    A guy barely got his hand on the Joe's hand with the ball and that would have gotten Joe killed? That guy was also the top pass rusher in the draft. Sometimes the other guy is more talented and makes a play.

Out of Joe's numerous actual hits, I'd argue McKinnie was responsible for maybe 2.

Your distaste for him is absolutely having a huge influence on what you are saying here.