Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 107
  1. #61

    Re: Over/Under - McKinnie Gets Cut Tomorrow



    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Which can't be any worse than what is out there right now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    While you may be right...that isn't a sure thing either.

    Let's not dump the entire failure of the OL on McKinnie...KO has sharply regressed, there have been lord knows how many threads and posts calling for somebody to replace Gino, and even Yanda isn't playing anywhere near his pro bowl level.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  2. #62

    Re: Over/Under - McKinnie Gets Cut Tomorrow

    Who said anything about a malcontent




  3. #63

    Re: Over/Under - McKinnie Gets Cut Tomorrow

    I'd much prefer to reverse a well known saying:

    'Why wait tomorrow for what you can do today?'




  4. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Toluca Lake, CA
    Posts
    1,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Over/Under - McKinnie Gets Cut Tomorrow

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Without McKinnie, if. Monroe goes down, it's Oher back at LT.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    We have seen that song and dance, then have to insert rookie at RT, or Jah Reid. Ewwwww.




  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,946
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Over/Under - McKinnie Gets Cut Tomorrow

    if they can't trade him it makes no sense to cut him
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  6. #66

    Re: Over/Under - McKinnie Gets Cut Tomorrow

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Beats a malcontent in the locker room
    He was benched the entire year last year. He wasn't a malcontent then.

    I fail to see where he is this locker room cancer some of you are making him out to be.

    That trade was made because of his play on the field and the fact that they potentially solved a premium position for the next 5-6 years.

    Not because he is screwing up the locker room.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  7. #67

    Re: Over/Under - McKinnie Gets Cut Tomorrow

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Same thread, four years ago.
    You're right. Ever since JO retired we went to disappointments in Gaither and McKinney. Both as talented as they are lazy. But it looks like we finally got a solid guy that can end the discussion next week.




  8. #68

    Re: Over/Under - McKinnie Gets Cut Tomorrow

    Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    We have seen that song and dance, then have to insert rookie at RT, or Jah Reid. Ewwwww.
    Anybody who is ok with that...I'd just say, be careful what you ask for.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Over/Under - McKinnie Gets Cut Tomorrow

    Call me crazy, but Oher may be our best lineman right now. Two solid games, and Yanda hasn't been his self.




  10. #70

    Re: Over/Under - McKinnie Gets Cut Tomorrow

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    He was benched the entire year last year. He wasn't a malcontent then.

    I fail to see where he is this locker room cancer some of you are making him out to be.

    That trade was made because of his play on the field and the fact that they potentially solved a premium position for the next 5-6 years.

    Not because he is screwing up the locker room.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Here's how he's a cancer. When you have a team full of players and you have a guy who doesn't give maximum effort, is out of shape and performs on the field poorly the other players notice this. Have you ever had a job where someone didn't work as hard and others complain because they didn't feel it was fair that he get away with it? That's McKinney, along for the ride. You don't need to run your mouth to be a cancer, being slipshod negatively impacts those around you who are trying to win.




  11. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    13,099
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Over/Under - McKinnie Gets Cut Tomorrow

    The more I've thought about this...I don't want to cut him. Because for all we know, Monroe comes in and tears his ACL first game, and then you are forced to either go KO at LT, Shipley or Reid or Wagner LG...or Wagner at LT.
    .
    .
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.


    Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!




  12. #72

    Re: Over/Under - McKinnie Gets Cut Tomorrow

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    Here's how he's a cancer. When you have a team full of players and you have a guy who doesn't give maximum effort, is out of shape and performs on the field poorly the other players notice this. Have you ever had a job where someone didn't work as hard and others complain because they didn't feel it was fair that he get away with it? That's McKinney, along for the ride. You don't need to run your mouth to be a cancer, being slipshod negatively impacts those around you who are trying to win.
    That's bunk because he was here last year with those exact same issues. He was always "lazy", he has always had people saying he doesn't give max effort...where were you at the start of last season when 80% of the board had their pitchforks and torches out when he missed the first week of camp? A guy who was benched for an inferior player.

    Absolutely nothing has changed other than him giving message board posters more reason to hate him by having the party bus incident....something that as more time goes on, the less of a deal it was...and I never thought it was in the first place.

    He isn't playing well...along with the rest of the line. It's silly to single him out when there are daily posts about how bad Gino is and how awful KO has been all year. And let's not make it out like he hasn't had bad stretches in prior years either.

    Last year was a much worse year in regards to his effort and missing those days in camp was a much worse transgression than anything he's done this year...yet this cancer/malcontent had one of the teams most respected leaders (Reed) pissed when we were about to cut him at the start of last season and was on camera talking about the line with McKinnie was all world and what he wanted to see all season.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  13. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Behind enemies lines Shitsburgh
    Posts
    858

    Re: Over/Under - McKinnie Gets Cut Tomorrow

    I wouldn't cut him. Just sit him like last year, and let him be a backup just in case.
    Now if I was Ozzie, I'll be back on the horn with JAC. See if the fire sale down there is still going. See what it worth for A Blackmon trade. Send them a 3rd, give them Bmac, and Dickson. Maybe throw in Cody if healthy. They need a tackle, Dickson caught some balls, and they can wash their hand of Blackmon. They do that, they will be sure to get another pick from us and the number one pick in draft for sure.
    I'm pissed off for greatness!!




  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cockeysville, MD
    Posts
    4,505

    Re: Over/Under - McKinnie Gets Cut Tomorrow

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    That's bunk because he was here last year with those exact same issues. He was always "lazy", he has always had people saying he doesn't give max effort...where were you at the start of last season when 80% of the board had their pitchforks and torches out when he missed the first week of camp? A guy who was benched for an inferior player.

    Absolutely nothing has changed other than him giving message board posters more reason to hate him by having the party bus incident....something that as more time goes on, the less of a deal it was...and I never thought it was in the first place.

    He isn't playing well...along with the rest of the line. It's silly to single him out when there are daily posts about how bad Gino is and how awful KO has been all year. And let's not make it out like he hasn't had bad stretches in prior years either.

    Last year was a much worse year in regards to his effort and missing those days in camp was a much worse transgression than anything he's done this year...yet this cancer/malcontent had one of the teams most respected leaders (Reed) pissed when we were about to cut him at the start of last season and was on camera talking about the line with McKinnie was all world and what he wanted to see all season.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    This. Admittedly, I wanted him gone after the partybus incident, but it makes no sense to cut him. Anyone paying attention to what happened in Jacksonville? They are screwed.




  15. #75
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,032
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Over/Under - McKinnie Gets Cut Tomorrow

    Quote Originally Posted by bmore finest View Post
    I wouldn't cut him. Just sit him like last year, and let him be a backup just in case.
    Now if I was Ozzie, I'll be back on the horn with JAC. See if the fire sale down there is still going. See what it worth for A Blackmon trade. Send them a 3rd, give them Bmac, and Dickson. Maybe throw in Cody if healthy. They need a tackle, Dickson caught some balls, and they can wash their hand of Blackmon. They do that, they will be sure to get another pick from us and the number one pick in draft for sure.
    How would they even fit Blackman under the cap? He was a top 5 pick and signed a fully guaranteed contract.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland