Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

My Obamacare Experiment

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    i think this is how it was sold but not how its going to actually work. Its seems to me its going to be the ceiling the free market has to contend with not the basement that everyone chooses. I know insurance companies are whining about it and saying they cant compete, but im sure theyll miraculously find a way now that its in place. I believe they already are.
    Huh?

Read any news outlet you want. This is causing premiums to go up, not down. And I'd like to see these insurance companies saying they can't compete. Remove the nonsense regulations that are driving up the cost of private insurance, and there'd be no competition.

Our policy doubled this year.

Blog Entries

Re: My Obamacare Experiment

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Huh?

Read any news outlet you want. This is causing premiums to go up, not down. And I'd like to see these insurance companies saying they can't compete. Remove the nonsense regulations that are driving up the cost of private insurance, and there'd be no competition.

Our policy doubled this year.
    im saying i think ACA will be higher than the free market dictates, if it isnt already. nobody is going to pay more than the ACA permits so its basically the ceiling for how much one has to spend and not the "cheapest" plan available. Unless i misunderstood what you were saying.

I havent seen any changes in my healthcare personally. if its gone up, its only been marginally and less than years past.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    im saying i think ACA will be higher than the free market dictates, if it isnt already. nobody is going to pay more than the ACA permits so its basically the ceiling for how much one has to spend and not the "cheapest" plan available. Unless i misunderstood what you were saying.

I havent seen any changes in my healthcare personally. if its gone up, its only been marginally and less than years past.
    Mine didn't go up, but they switched from BCBS to freaking Cigna...and also a lot fewer options to choose from.

I have no idea if it's the result of ACA, but I know I'm not happy at all with the switch in carriers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Mine didn't go up, but they switched from BCBS to freaking Cigna...and also a lot fewer options to choose from.

I have no idea if it's the result of ACA, but I know I'm not happy at all with the switch in carriers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    yeah, i have the same carrier (BCBS) and everything. nothing has really changed. Ive been at my company almost 9 years and the cost went from 49$/month to 85$/month for our high plan. I think the only thing that may have changed this time is our deductible went from 250 to 300 but the price stayed the same and honestly I think that happened before this past year, I just know it did happen somewhat recently.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

yeah, I never understood Obamacare to be something EVERYONE should be using. I understood it to be a tool to help someone with crappier plans or no plans at all get a good deal. I know I won't need to touch it, because I have a plan through my job, BCBS. Nothing has gone up for us significantly yet, but I also have the "Gold Plan" (high bi-weekly premiums to get low deductible and low OOP cap) due to my wife's ongoing cancer.

To be honest, I'm willing to admit that the insurance exchange portion may not be a perfect thing. But I wish that if people chose to fight it, they'd suggest alternatives instead of outright destroying ACA. There are a LOT of good things ACA tackles, such as no denial of coverage for pre-existing conditions, which is something that directly benefitted my family when my wife's job terminated her on LTD, and she had to change insurance to my plan. Without ACA, they could've chosen to deny us and we would've had to shlep by uninsured for two years, or go with COBRA?, until Medicare kicked in. Instead, she was able to continue with treatment without any sort of hiccup. And the expansion of covered items such as mental health care, preventative screenings, etc. I know a lot of people don't like the idea of covering birth control, but honestly, that's such a small piece? Like I said, everyone I see that attacks it, seem to focus on outright ripping the whole thing out instead of suggesting an alternative to assist people who want insurance but can't afford it currently, and keeping other portions of the Act which helps a lot of people out.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    yeah, I never understood Obamacare to be something EVERYONE should be using. I understood it to be a tool to help someone with crappier plans or no plans at all get a good deal. I know I won't need to touch it, because I have a plan through my job, BCBS. Nothing has gone up for us significantly yet, but I also have the "Gold Plan" (high bi-weekly premiums to get low deductible and low OOP cap) due to my wife's ongoing cancer.

To be honest, I'm willing to admit that the insurance exchange portion may not be a perfect thing. But I wish that if people chose to fight it, they'd suggest alternatives instead of outright destroying ACA. There are a LOT of good things ACA tackles, such as no denial of coverage for pre-existing conditions, which is something that directly benefitted my family when my wife's job terminated her on LTD, and she had to change insurance to my plan. Without ACA, they could've chosen to deny us and we would've had to shlep by uninsured for two years, or go with COBRA?, until Medicare kicked in. Instead, she was able to continue with treatment without any sort of hiccup. And the expansion of covered items such as mental health care, preventative screenings, etc. I know a lot of people don't like the idea of covering birth control, but honestly, that's such a small piece? Like I said, everyone I see that attacks it, seem to focus on outright ripping the whole thing out instead of suggesting an alternative to assist people who want insurance but can't afford it currently, and keeping other portions of the Act which helps a lot of people out.
    Those good things are why the premiums are going up. I'll admit I like some of them (or most) in theory but in practice is something entirely different.

You can't have an insurance company cover more people, with more illnesses and never be able to drop them and not have the cost go up. Think of it like car insurance, there need to be good drivers (healthy people) to cover the bad drivers (sick people), and when the bad drivers get into more wrecks the insurance company can cover, the insurance company has to drop them in order to pay for the plans other drivers bought, or they go out of business (which I think was ultimately the goal of Obamacare).

ACA (why is it called the affordable care act when it's making everything more expensive?) needs to go away. And the whole system needs to be changed.

Still can't get a quote. Tried twice yesterday and once again this morning. Keep getting the error screen.

Not calling the FUCKYO number. Waste of time, though they're extremely polite.

I am starting to think all of those memes I'm seeing with people saying they got a quote are bogus.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post

Your wife was never in danger of losing coverage. It would have been against the law for anyone to stop her treatment. That was something in place pre Obamacare.

This is why there is still a fight going on over Obamacare:

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...rles-c-w-cooke

Sounds like you are not alone, HR.

total debacle thusfar

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Sounds like you are not alone, HR.

total debacle thusfar
    Unfuckingbelievable.

So in the fog of lies and exaggerations, some how this law, passed by hook or crook, is good for "us"?

Attempt 7 ....

Still getting the error screen. SMH.