Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Re: Steelers trade for Levi Brown

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Great point, and hard to explain. One thing I've wondered about is the effect of so many teams switching to a 3-4 in the past 7-8 years. One of the reasons the Steelers were able to reload so easily is that they were looking for 'tweener' players (3-4 DE and OLB's) that no one else had a place for. So they got them cheap and replaced them easily once they turned them into Pro Bowlers.

Now there is competition for those guys,
    :word

Interesting point, and I think it is persuasive.

For a while there they had the pick of the litter with these unorthodox, multi-role players. Now their FO has to actually earn its keep in finding and drafting these guys before their competition does.

They just can't generate pressure. Pressure generates turnovers. They also play off the line, in an attempt to keep the play in front of the tackle. I don't think the personnel matches the scheme either. Troy P. has been effective, but he can't do it all himself. Some players I do believe have more sacks than the entire Steelers team (Suggs has got to be close).

I remember last year watching a feature about a team, I can't remember who it was ( can tell you it was not the Steelers!), that spent time every day practicing turnovers; forcing them recovering, etc. There was even a ball mounted on a semi-flexible pole outside the locker the room the players were required to swat every time they went in and out of the locker room. That is sharp coaching right there folks.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Great point, and hard to explain. One thing I've wondered about is the effect of so many teams switching to a 3-4 in the past 7-8 years. One of the reasons the Steelers were able to reload so easily is that they were looking for 'tweener' players (3-4 DE and OLB's) that no one else had a place for. So they got them cheap and replaced them easily once they turned them into Pro Bowlers.

Now there is competition for those guys,

If the Steelers had any brains they would've fire Haley during their bye week. You would've thought after the success the Ravens had in firing Cam during the season, other teams would start to do it. Previously, it was a forbidden thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by psuraven View Post
    If the Steelers had any brains they would've fire Haley during their bye week. You would've thought after the success the Ravens had in firing Cam during the season, other teams would start to do it. Previously, it was a forbidden thing to do.
    Haley has ties to the Rooneys and the team. He ain't getting fired mid season.

The Rooney hire Haley. And there is no way they admit they was wrong. They want Ben to throw the quick outs and screens and run run run the ball. I sure hope the jets beat them to continue the winless streak for them.
    I'm pissed off for greatness!!

Twitter Bmore Finest

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmore finest View Post
    The Rooney hire Haley. And there is no way they admit they was wrong. They want Ben to throw the quick outs and screens and run run run the ball. I sure hope the jets beat them to continue the winless streak for them.
    If the Jets D plays like they did last night, it will be a long night for the boys in piss and black. Wilkerson could not be blocked and the secondary was great. It was like watching the old Ravens Organized Chaos.

Rex really is a defensive mastermind like few others

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    If the Jets D plays like they did last night, it will be a long night for the boys in piss and black. Wilkerson could not be blocked and the secondary was great. It was like watching the old Ravens Organized Chaos.

Rex really is a defensive mastermind like few others
    Rex has his moments. but the jets defense still allowed the falcons to march down the field to score, giving them the lead with 1:58 seconds to go. If Mike smith did the right things in the game, jets lose. Matty choke fumbling the ball was a game changing moment. Rex ryan still can coach a defense at times, but has lost more then his share of games in the 4th quarter.

iggyman555 Guest

Steelers placed LT Levi Brown (triceps) on injured reserve, ending his season.
    The Steelers traded a conditional late-round pick to the Cardinals for Brown, making an effort to stabilize their tackle position. Brown never even played a down with Pittsburgh. He hurt his triceps while warming up ahead of the Week 6 win over the Jets -- sustaining the same injury to the same arm that cost him his 2012 season. The Steelers are praying Mike Adams can suddenly start performing better on Ben Roethlisberger's blind side. Oct 15 - 10:49 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4185

Par for the course. Johnson could be out for along time too. Typical Steelers injuries. They seemed to do well without Adams. I don't think he even dressed. I think he will dress vs. the Ravens, but he won't start. This will be an interesting game.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    The Steelers traded a conditional late-round pick to the Cardinals for Brown, making an effort to stabilize their tackle position. Brown never even played a down with Pittsburgh. He hurt his triceps while warming up ahead of the Week 6 win over the Jets -- sustaining the same injury to the same arm that cost him his 2012 season. The Steelers are praying Mike Adams can suddenly start performing better on Ben Roethlisberger's blind side. Oct 15 - 10:49 AM

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post

What a shitty way to waste cap money.

Gotta imagine Suggs/Doom are licking their chops

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    Gotta imagine Suggs/Doom are licking their chops
    That's what I thought about the Packers game too. The Ravens got pressure on Rodgers, but not the level of pressure that I thought they would.