Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: on to Miami

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Re: on to Miami

I'm just hoping we can get the run game on track but being that the best blocking TE on the team was just cut who knows if thatll come to pass. I do think Harb will have the team focused and sharper than they were early on last week. We really can't afford to keep falling behind so early all the time. Set the tempo and make a couple big plays and get off to a good start...... that will go a long way.

I am confident we will get out of there with a W but a little less so than last week. I mean I'm sure Miami will be pissed too coming off an embarrassing (in a different way though) loss of their own.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect

The Ravens have a history of rebounding after losses, but a lot of those losses have been on the road, and a lot of the rebounding has been at M&T. Miami is trying to rebound too and they usually beat us in their place. There is a lot of change and transition going on with the Ravens and i'm afraid they'll still be a bit unsettled. I am worried about the potential of poor play from the LT position, regardless of who is there, as well as from Center. I hope I'm wrong but i think we lose another close one.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Miami opens as a 3 point favorite at home. Watching what NO did against them on MNF, I don't see why the Ravens can't get the ball to Rice in the perimeter and let him do some of the things Sproles did. They had no answer.

But this team is damn good, aside from the turnovers they played the Saints tough.
    I too think it would be a good idea to use Rice like Sproles, but Sproles beat the Dolphins with his speed. If Rice can get somewhat Sproles like production started, that should at least open up some kind of passing attack down field.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    Miami is trying to rebound too and they usually beat us in their place.
    The last two times we played'em in Miami, we won. Granted, what happened 5 years ago only has so much bearing.

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    I too think it would be a good idea to use Rice like Sproles, but Sproles beat the Dolphins with his speed. If Rice can get somewhat Sproles like production started, that should at least open up some kind of passing attack down field.
    Can't remember the last time I've seen Ray on a wheel route.
    He can beat any manned-up LB.
    If zone, he pulls the LB outside the numbers, leaving a nice big hole back side for the #3 WR's slant/cross/dig.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Formula for winning in southern Florida in order of importance (with lots of Gatorade):

1 - Run the ball at least 20 times, regardless of the yardage (keep their defense honest; keep our defense rested). Use the pass to set up effective running.
    2 - Stop getting manhandled on the line-of-scrimmage (run blocking, pass blocking).
    3 - First priority on defense: stop their running game.
    4 - Keep the mistakes to a minimum (turnovers, stupid penalties).
    5 - Keep the composure, no matter what happens.

Start winning road games again!

Ravens 20
    Dolphins 17
    Last edited by Corvus Corax; 10-06-2013 at 01:12 PM. Reason: prediction change (no watch, no listen ...yet)

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
    Formula for winning in southern Florida in order of importance (with lots of Gatorade):

1 - Run the ball at least 20 times, regardless of the yardage (keep their defense honest; keep our defense rested)
    While I don't disagree with the idea, the reasons you gave I think are faulty. If you're running for 1 ypc (as they did last week), the idea that a defense is staying "honest" about the run I think is a fallacy. If anything, defenses will be keen to key more on the pass, since the run is working poorly without them having to commit extra guys in the box (as it was last week).

And for the "keep our defense rested" part, a 3 and out with 3 straight passes takes about the same amount of 'real' time as a 3 and out with 3 straight runs. What keeps our defense rested is sustained drives, whether that be by passing, running, or both.

The reason why running 20 is the ideal is that A) with Ray Rice you never know when he will break a big one and B) running can beat up and wear down the D-line, who are more susceptible to fatigue than, say, the d-backs. With a beaten up d-line, runs 15-20 could be more effective than 1-15 because of the fatigue factor.

Press coverage and attack at the LOS. We have Suggs and Dumervil, we need to exploit our advantage by being aggressive. I think we have the personnel on defense to dominate.

Blog Entries

if we don't use rice like they did sproiles? Caldwell gotta go.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    if we don't use rice like they did sproiles? Caldwell gotta go.
    The offense is a hot mess. I think the OL at the core of that. Can't run and can't pass protect and I'm at a lose to what the issue is because I think our personnel is pretty good. There's no reason Rice can't duplicate some of the things Sproles did, but pass block for a few seconds.

Right now I'm a fan of the defense. They kept us in the last game and won against the Texans. A pick 6 and punt return won that game, no offense needed. And it was the unit everyone thought it would take weeks before they gelled and the offense had to carry them. Ha!

Blog Entries

Flying to Miami tonight! (Fort Lauderdale actually). Ravens are gonna win!

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Flying to Miami tonight! (Fort Lauderdale actually). Ravens are gonna win!
    Good for you. Go to the beach and enjoy the sights, I have 40 year old mirrored sunglasses for just such events. I'm in Colorado looking forward to snow in the forecast, but Florida is where I'll winter. I'm not a fair weather fan, but I choose fair weather otherwise.