Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: on to Miami

Blog Entries

on to Miami

Miami opens as a 3 point favorite at home. Watching what NO did against them on MNF, I don't see why the Ravens can't get the ball to Rice in the perimeter and let him do some of the things Sproles did. They had no answer.

But this team is damn good, aside from the turnovers they played the Saints tough.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Re: on to Miami

Miami has some decent personnel but the Saints defense isn't a strong unit and for most of the game they managed to score 10 points. They got 7 more at the end in garbage time. I'm less scared of them then I am of the Ravens. If we see the same team that played in Buffalo we aren't going to win many games.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    Miami has some decent personnel but the Saints defense isn't a strong unit and for most of the game they managed to score 10 points. They got 7 more at the end in garbage time. I'm less scared of them then I am of the Ravens. If we see the same team that played in Buffalo we aren't going to win many games.
    Saints defense certainly has been a strong unit through 4 games.

This isn't last years Saints team or defense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

If Jacoby makes it back this week and Deonte, Brandon and Marlon are all healthy I'm seeing once nice air attack!

The Ravens just need to make the plays they are capable of making. Limit turnovers, and they should pick up the W.

Blog Entries

I suspect Cameron Wake will be ready by Sunday

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

It all comes down to the OL. If they can run block & protect Joe, we win this game.

Going to come down to who makes the fewest mistakes, which likely means we'll see another conservative game plan early. No reason we can't win, but will be a tough one.
    "Flacco stepping up and throwing deep down the far sideline... CAUGHT!!! Into the endzone, TOUCHDOWN JACOBY JONES!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Saints defense certainly has been a strong unit through 4 games.

This isn't last years Saints team or defense.

Week 1 they had Atlanta who hasn't been the same team this year. After that they Tampa Bay, Arizona and Miami. While they've looked much better than last year, I'm not sold on that unit yet considering the level of competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    Week 1 they had Atlanta who hasn't been the same team this year. After that they Tampa Bay, Arizona and Miami. While they've looked much better than last year, I'm not sold on that unit yet considering the level of competition.
    They aren't the 2000 Ravens, but it's as obvious as day that they are a solid to good defensive team now. They can't control who is on the schedule, they just need to take care of business...which they have been.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Miami's defensive line and their front seven as a group are no joke, going to be a very difficult game. I would expect our defense to play well against their offense, but I'm not seeing where they are going to score many points against Miami's D.

It's nice to say "don't see why the Ravens can't get the ball to Rice in the perimeter and let him do some of the things Sproles did." but saying it as a fan and them actually doing it as a team are two totally different things, especially when they haven't done any of that through the first four games.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    If Jacoby makes it back this week and Deonte, Brandon and Marlon are all healthy I'm seeing once nice air attack!
    I do not expect Jacoby to play this week in Miami. The Ravens might play him vs Green Bay or wait til after Green Bay which would be at Pittsburgh. Then there is always wait until after the bye week. We need something asap to spark the offense cuz Torrey is the only offensive weapon that the Ravens have that has been effective!