NFL changes Raiders game time to accommodate MLB game

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/97...art-1135-pm-et

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- An Oakland A's baseball playoff game at O.co Coliseum has forced the Oakland Raiders to delay their game against the San Diego Chargers on Sunday to 11:35 p.m. ET, rather than the originally scheduled 4:25 p.m. ET.

The game's television broadcast will also change to NFL Network instead of CBS.

The A's host the Detroit Tigers in Game 2 of their American League Division Series on Saturday night, with a first pitch of 9:07 p.m. ET. Field crews need enough time to convert the playing surface from a baseball diamond to a football field and to get the appropriate stands in place in time to pass safety inspections.
    So, I guess it isn't impossible to change the start of a NFL game. I wonder if they would change the game time of a Broncos or Patriots game (assuming they were the road team).

Blog Entries

Re: NFL changes Raiders game time to accommodate MLB game

Quote Originally Posted by hokiefan View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/97...art-1135-pm-et

So, I guess it isn't impossible to change the start of a NFL game. I wonder if they would change the game time of a Broncos or Patriots game (assuming they were the road team).
    Wow. Sounds people are really working hard to make this happen and accommodate everybody. All I can say is fuck whomever was responsible for not making it happen in Baltimore. That person or persons is a piece of garbage.

Blog Entries

Re: NFL changes Raiders game time to accommodate MLB game

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Wow. Sounds people are really working hard to make this happen and accommodate everybody. All I can say is fuck whomever was responsible for not making it happen in Baltimore. That person or persons is a piece of garbage.
    Kraft didnt want to open in Baltimore, he has alot of pull with Goodell.