Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Re: Government Shutdown

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Actually, I was just tossing that poll out there as an "oh look! The media continues to try and blame the Republicans while the Democrats remain innocent in this."

Frankly, the Republicans are just as much to blame in this as the Democrats. Both parties are a joke and just interested in stroking their own egos . None of them give a shit about the country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    I'm hearing more and more people talking about in the next election simply voting for anybody but the incumbent, and party affiliation be damned. That's our only real way to show these children we're disgusted with their (lack of) leadership.

Blog Entries

Actually, I was just tossing that poll out there as an "oh look! The media continues to try and blame the Republicans while the Democrats remain innocent in this."

Frankly, the Republicans are just as much to blame in this as the Democrats. Both parties are a joke and just interested in stroking their own egos . None of them give a shit about the country.

That's true with Rove and his cronies but not guys
    like Ryan who have a plan to cut the debt. They care
    about the country and are trying to save it.

I voted Libertarian because I didn't like either party and
    Romney was another liberal put up by Rove like Mc Cain.

Conservatives haven't been voting in the party which is
    how OBY won the last two elections. Had just 15% of
    Christian conservatives voted, he would have lost both
    elections.

MOst Christian conservatives don't like the GOP now
    and don't vote.

Here, Frank Graham, Billy's son, blasts them for
    not voting blames them for O BUMMER CARE.

He's right. He wrote a cool book called REBEL WITH A
    CAUSE about his hell raising days as a hard drinker as
    a youth.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012...aham-says-yes/
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 10-08-2013 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I think people are angry at everybody in the government right now.
    This

In Texas, you're not forced into party affiliation to vote.

But if I were, I'd be damn happy I'm Libertarian right now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    In Texas, you're not forced into party affiliation to vote.

But if I were, I'd be damn happy I'm Libertarian right now.
    Me too.

In fact I read something recently talking about how the Republican Party isn't really a cohesive party anymore. It is now comprised of about 4 or 5 different groups of people that are kind of falling under the Republican umbrella if you well.

The Christian right, the tea party, and then moderate conservatives... I guess you could also consider some borderline libertarians like rand Paul in that group as well.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I think people are angry at everybody in the government right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    They are, in a general "how did it get to this" kind of way, but that doesn't help try to fairly assign "blame" for the shutdown.

It also will not result in an overwhelming number of incumbents being ousted (like one would logically conclude from the numbers), indicating that the vast majority of the public is not really serious about politics.

That said, obviously both sides need a lot to be desired overall, but some of these fights are actually serious business (though not all of them).

Blog Entries

CNN reporting that there are enough votes in the house to end the shutdown , but Boehner wants to have discussions with Obama first...and of course, Obama has said no.

I don't really get that.

If the House is ready to end the shutdown and figure things out , why wouldn't everyone be on board with that?

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

CNN reporting that there are enough votes in the house to end the shutdown , but Boehner wants to have discussions with Obama first...and of course, Obama has said no.

I don't really get that.

If the House is ready to end the shutdown and figure things out , why wouldn't everyone be on board with that?

"Never let a crisis go to waste"

Obama is not a President, he is a community organizer, this is what he does.

EDIT: Also I wouldn't put it past CNN to report that the house has the votes to put pressure on them to act.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    "Never let a crisis go to waste"

Obama is not a President, he is a community organizer, this is what he does.
    More evidence of the administration's despicable behavior:

http://www.eagletribune.com/local/x1...at-Yellowstone

Utterly disgusting. Of course the MSM will cover their ears and hum rather than expose this abuse of power.

I don't really get that.

CNN has no idea how many votes their are, none. They are basing their conclusion on the assumption every Democrat would vote for a "clean" CR (which isn't actually a given) combined with a certain number of Republicans who have made statements that hint that they are open to the idea (which are not even close to the same as delivering an actual vote, in fact, these days such statements are a way for politicians to have it both ways).

This is a Democratic party meme, and CNN and other MSM lemmings are simply spreading it.

That said, Republicans absolutely are closer to caving. They are more fractured, held together by the flimsiest of circumstances, and they are fighting each other for future power within the party.

The way this should end, is that Democrats agree to a popular-with-the-people concession, like removing the medical device tax or even allowing the Keystone pipeline, the Republicans accept the miniscule cost-free gesture, and both sides declare victory (the Republicans' declaration being the laughable one, of course).

Blog Entries

Of course OBY doesn't want to talk to them.
    He's partisan and has gotten his way on almost
    every issue except his budget where even his own
    Senate didn't vote for it.