Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Government Shutdown

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    The article you linked says 0 enrolled but because of the sites issues, not that they werent getting on the actual enrollment website. Thats basically what all the websites are saying. People are trying to sign up and it caused issues. this to me is still supporting the original link i posted. They didnt plan on that much traffic immediately, which you can take either way as how confident they were or how many interested people there are.
    That's why I posted the second link, to show, just because people MAY be going there (if that's actually why the site is shutting down) it doesn't mean people are signing up.

And like I said earlier, that pretyped message that pops up doesn't mean that's what happening. For example California could have typed, "due to an overwhelming number of applicants this process will take longer than normal please bare with us." In reality the site just sucks and people really aren't that interested.

http://www.latimes.com/business/mone...,7108713.story
    State officials said the Covered California website got 645,000 hits during the first day of enrollment, far fewer than the 5 million it reported Tuesday.

Look, people are going to sign up. These problems will get fixed.

But I think it's a huge lack of seeing the forrest through the trees if you think that all these site hits are because this program is wildly popular.

Especially when you consider the law compels people to sign up.

Blog Entries

People wouldnt be going to the website for enrollment on the first day of a 6 month window if they really didnt want it. Theyd be procrastinating, because theres no benefit to signing up early. my issue is the projection that because oneself doesnt like or want it that "nobody" wants it. Thats simply not true. majority of people would be at least debatable.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

People wouldnt be going to the website for enrollment on the first day of a 6 month window if they really didnt want it. Theyd be procrastinating, because theres no benefit to signing up early. my issue is the projection that because oneself doesnt like or want it that "nobody" wants it. Thats simply not true. majority of people would be at least debatable.
    Hello Captain Literal, nice to meet you ;)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Hello Captain Literal, nice to meet you ;)
    literal sense is nobody, but youre also implying the vast majority that its not even close.

i disagree.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

literal sense is nobody, but youre also implying the vast majority that its not even close.

i disagree.
    Based off what evidence?

Really?

I went to one of their sites to see what my rates would be. Given that traffic dropped off a great deal, I don't think I was alone in that endeavor.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Based off what evidence?
    really no need to keep talking in circles. I dont think Polls mean anything and you dont feel internet traffic means anything.
    -JAB

On streets where the cops employ traffic cameras, the average speed of the drivers drops.

Not because it's desired by the drivers or they all of a sudden want to do something safe.

They drive slower because they don't want to pay the fine.

Thats called voluntold.

Same goes here.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...term=voluntold

Blog Entries

really no need to keep talking in circles. I dont think Polls mean anything and you dont feel internet traffic means anything.
    It's not that I don't feel internet traffic means anything. It's the interpretation of the internet traffic, IF that is indeed why the sites aren't working.

It's not as if the web browser is timing out, or stopping and giving a message back of "server too busy". Someone typed a message that "due to traffic we're running slow". That doesn't mean it's the case. And even if it was the case, it doesn't mean that it's actually a ton of traffic, it could just be a crappy site (most likely the case).

The link I posted earlier that California a state with 35 million people only about 1/2 a million visited the website. That's not even 1.5% of their population that visited the site, not signed up, but visited the site. That's hardly popular.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I actually read a lot about what the law does and even though they are going to "tax" those who don't get health insurance, the tax won't be enforced... At least that's how I'm interpreting it.

It also sounds like the law really isn't doing the poor any favors at all. However, that has been one of the main marketing points of the whole thing.

Weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    For the most part yes. Poor folk already qualify for Medicaid so it's largely the status quo for that demographic.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Obama's poll numbers are slipping.

RCP poll average has Obama's disapproval rating at 50%, approval at 43%.