Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Government Shutdown

Over 10,000 federal workers returned to work at my old stomping grounds - APG today as Pentagon recalls workers. My agency was
    shut down for two days pr week all summer and then went back to work in Sep only to be furloughed again.

Some of my friends were losing $500 pr month over the summer.

http://aberdeen.patch.com/groups/pol...ison-employees

Blog Entries

Republicans are winning this one as House voted to pay all furloughed
    workers. The Senate is expected to pass it and Prez will sign it.

Same thing happened in 90s when we were furloughed but still got
    paid. It amounted to a few days extra paid vacation.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20...aws_of_victory

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Republicans are winning this one as House voted to pay all furloughed
    workers. The Senate is expected to pass it and Prez will sign it.

Same thing happened in 90s when we were furloughed but still got
    paid. It amounted to a few days extra paid vacation.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20...aws_of_victory
    I read a poll on CNN saying that most Americans felt Republicans were to blame for the shut down.

Frankly, I don't give a shit who "wins"...I just want to go back to work.

No one is really going to win in this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I read a poll on CNN saying that most Americans felt Republicans were to blame for the shut down.

This.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

63% "angry" at Republicans, 57% "angry" at Democrats, 53% "angry" at Obama according to that poll.

Which is actually closer than I thought it would be considering the massive media bias on the issue.

Democrats have been shooting themselves in the foot along the way as well. Reid's dumb response to the question on (Democrats' refusal of) funding the NIH didn't help. Nor do the stories of the administration absolutely, undeniably trying to maximize the pain of the shutdown even in unprecedented and petty ways.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...heater-editors

I always thought the Republicans would "effectively" cave by declaring victory after getting a no-brainer concession from Democrats, like a walk back of the medical device tax and/or an amendment that removes the Congressional health care subsidies. But it appears Democrats/Obama may not even agree to any kind of concession, even faux concessions like those, which may be a case of Democrats overplaying their hand. At some point, despite the favorable media spin, the Democrats might start to get a larger share of the blame for being completely unwilling to do anything at all, no matter how small, to solve the problem.

Blog Entries

Well, whenever they all decide to put down their respective rulers, there are lots of us who would like to go back to work...

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.

Blog Entries

LOL - No wonder you've been all over this message board but you don't get it especially with the liberal biased
    CNN poll. You sound like Galen now.

It's not the polls but the Pentagon is recalling workers and House voted to pay everyone and Senate is
    expected to vote for it while the govt is
    still shut down. APG saw 10,000 employees come back Mon. Federal workers always get reimbursed like we
    did in the 90s.

The liberal media always ensure Republicans get the blame for this when they try to cut the budget and the DEMs shut the gov't down
    but it's not working out for them this time. By the time you're my age there won't be a govt as you know it.
    More than the govt will go down - like t he entire country because of this debt and you'll be poor paying
    for O BUMMER CARE which is why we call it O BUMMER CARE.

Just relax and enjoy the vacation. Take up a hobby. Try another board-lol. Scout is a good one.

You'll still get paid.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 10-08-2013 at 04:29 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    LOL - No wonder you've been all over this message board but you don't get it especially with the liberal biased
    CNN poll. You sound like Galen now.

It's not the polls but the Pentagon is recalling workers and House voted to pay everyone and Senate is
    expected to vote for it while the govt is
    still shut down. APG saw 10,000 employees come back Mon. Federal workers always get reimbursed like we
    did in the 90s.

The liberal media always ensure Republicans get the blame for this when they try to cut the budget and the DEMs shut the gov't down
    but it's not working out for them this time. By the time you're my age there won't be a govt as you know it.
    More than the govt will go down - like t he entire country because of this debt and you'll be poor paying
    for O BUMMER CARE which is why we call it O BUMMER CARE.

Just relax and enjoy the vacation. Take up a hobby. Try another board-lol. Scout is a good one.

You'll still get paid.
    Actually, I was just tossing that poll out there as an "oh look! The media continues to try and blame the Republicans while the Democrats remain innocent in this."

Frankly, the Republicans are just as much to blame in this as the Democrats. Both parties are a joke and just interested in stroking their own egos . None of them give a shit about the country.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    63% "angry" at Republicans, 57% "angry" at Democrats, 53% "angry" at Obama according to that poll.

Which is actually closer than I thought it would be considering the massive media bias on the issue.

Democrats have been shooting themselves in the foot along the way as well. Reid's dumb response to the question on (Democrats' refusal of) funding the NIH didn't help. Nor do the stories of the administration absolutely, undeniably trying to maximize the pain of the shutdown even in unprecedented and petty ways.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...heater-editors

I always thought the Republicans would "effectively" cave by declaring victory after getting a no-brainer concession from Democrats, like a walk back of the medical device tax and/or an amendment that removes the Congressional health care subsidies. But it appears Democrats/Obama may not even agree to any kind of concession, even faux concessions like those, which may be a case of Democrats overplaying their hand. At some point, despite the favorable media spin, the Democrats might start to get a larger share of the blame for being completely unwilling to do anything at all, no matter how small, to solve the problem.
    I think people are angry at everybody in the government right now.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Actually, I was just tossing that poll out there as an "oh look! The media continues to try and blame the Republicans while the Democrats remain innocent in this."

Frankly, the Republicans are just as much to blame in this as the Democrats. Both parties are a joke and just interested in stroking their own egos . None of them give a shit about the country.

I'm hearing more and more people talking about in the next election simply voting for anybody but the incumbent, and party affiliation be damned. That's our only real way to show these children we're disgusted with their (lack of) leadership.

Blog Entries

That's true with Rove and his cronies but not guys
    like Ryan who have a plan to cut the debt. They care
    about the country and are trying to save it.

I voted Libertarian because I didn't like either party and
    Romney was another liberal put up by Rove like Mc Cain.

Conservatives haven't been voting in the party which is
    how OBY won the last two elections. Had just 15% of
    Christian conservatives voted, he would have lost both
    elections.

MOst Christian conservatives don't like the GOP now
    and don't vote.

Here, Frank Graham, Billy's son, blasts them for
    not voting blames them for O BUMMER CARE.

He's right. He wrote a cool book called REBEL WITH A
    CAUSE about his hell raising days as a hard drinker as
    a youth.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012...aham-says-yes/
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 10-08-2013 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    This
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

In Texas, you're not forced into party affiliation to vote.

But if I were, I'd be damn happy I'm Libertarian right now.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    In Texas, you're not forced into party affiliation to vote.

But if I were, I'd be damn happy I'm Libertarian right now.
    Me too.

In fact I read something recently talking about how the Republican Party isn't really a cohesive party anymore. It is now comprised of about 4 or 5 different groups of people that are kind of falling under the Republican umbrella if you well.

The Christian right, the tea party, and then moderate conservatives... I guess you could also consider some borderline libertarians like rand Paul in that group as well.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

They are, in a general "how did it get to this" kind of way, but that doesn't help try to fairly assign "blame" for the shutdown.

It also will not result in an overwhelming number of incumbents being ousted (like one would logically conclude from the numbers), indicating that the vast majority of the public is not really serious about politics.

That said, obviously both sides need a lot to be desired overall, but some of these fights are actually serious business (though not all of them).