Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Government Shutdown

http://www.webpronews.com/obamacare-...trants-2013-10

ACA websites for registration/enrollment crashed because of too much traffic... clearly nobody wants this.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Fire them all! From Obama down to the last Republican in the House. Vote them all out!

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    http://www.webpronews.com/obamacare-...trants-2013-10

ACA websites for registration/enrollment crashed because of too much traffic... clearly nobody wants this.
    I'lll take scientific polls over anecdotal tech malfunctions every day of the week.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I'lll take scientific polls over anecdotal tech malfunctions every day of the week.
    Ones an assumption based on a small sample size and can sway greatly one way or another simply by wording involved. the other is actual data that this many people were here at this time and servers couldnt handle it. I mean if we trusted polls, Obama wouldnt be president right now anyway, right?
    -JAB

Ones an assumption based on a small sample size and can sway greatly one way or another simply by wording involved. the other is actual data that this many people were here at this time and servers couldnt handle it. I mean if we trusted polls, Obama wouldnt be president right now anyway, right?
    No. Romney was never ahead down the stretch.

And you're assuming a proper IT system was put in place. Given the history of our Government, the system was probably farmed out to the lowest bidder.

Blog Entries

Actually towards the home stretch almost all the polls were dead on. And I'm not buying that they are shutting down cause too much traffic, especially from webpronews.com. Most reports I've heard are (on the high side) 1 0n 8 people know about the exchanges.

Blog Entries

dont polls typically only show an estimate up until the actual event? This is the event and this was the results. taking the polls over the event seems a little backwards to me.

Whether they had a proper system in place or not is one thing but showing 2 million in traffic in 2 hours i think speaks volumes and that was just NY.

“Due to overwhelming interest in the NY State of Health – including 2 million visits in the first 2 hours of the site launch – the health exchange is currently having log in issues. We encourage users who are unable to log in to come back to the site later when these issues will be resolved.”
    feel free to look at any website you like, theyre all claiming a similar story, that just happened to be the one my phone News App directed me to.

Im just saying that there is most definitely a faction of people that want this, and apparently cant wait for it, despite what some may think/feel about it personally.

Back on topic... whats the over/under on how long this lasts?
    -JAB

I have no doubt it will get fixed.

But considering the severe tax penalty if you fail to sign up, I question the motivation of those trying to enroll or, more importantly, the popularity of something you're compelled by law to do.

Simply put, if you don't enroll, you face crushing IRS fines. Hardly something I'd call popular.

----

As for the shutdown, I don't see it ending any time soon.

Blog Entries

dont polls typically only show an estimate up until the actual event? This is the event and this was the results. taking the polls over the event seems a little backwards to me.

Whether they had a proper system in place or not is one thing but showing 2 million in traffic in 2 hours i think speaks volumes and that was just NY.

feel free to look at any website you like, theyre all claiming a similar story, that just happened to be the one my phone News App directed me to.

Im just saying that there is most definitely a faction of people that want this, and apparently cant wait for it, despite what some may think/feel about it personally.

Back on topic... whats the over/under on how long this lasts?
    An automatically generated message, that was pre-typed doesn't make it so. I mean they could have typed, "this fucking rocks and everybody wants it, fuck you tea party." Doesn't mean that anybody's applied for it.

I say it last till mid next week, before the Republicans cave - as usual.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I have no doubt it will get fixed.

But considering the severe tax penalty if you fail to sign up, I question the motivation of those trying to enroll or, more importantly, the popularity of something you're compelled by law to do.

Simply put, if you don't enroll, you face crushing IRS fines. Hardly something I'd call popular.

----

As for the shutdown, I don't see it ending any time soon.
    Isn't the fine still WAAAAAY cheaper than the insurance though. I think the max fine is equivalent to like two months of insurance.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Isn't the fine still WAAAAAY cheaper than the insurance though. I think the max fine is equivalent to like two months of insurance.
    going by memory... its something like 100 for the year per person with a max of 600 per family. it keeps escalating every year until its 600/2500 or something close to that. so in other words, just get the insurance.

I know this off topic, but isnt this kind of a conservative idea? make the free loaders pay so we have to stop paying for them? in general that is, maybe not the course of action taken to do so.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

going by memory... its something like 100 for the year per person with a max of 600 per family. it keeps escalating every year until its 600/2500 or something close to that. so in other words, just get the insurance.

I know this off topic, but isnt this kind of a conservative idea? make the free loaders pay so we have to stop paying for them? in general that is, maybe not the course of action taken to do so.
    Originally I believe it was. I believe it was abandoned when it was pointed out that forcing people to buy something and dictating what they buy isn't exactly freedom.