Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Government Shutdown

Was just furloughed. Report back when told.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    That sucks. But it won't be for long, I am sure.

Republicans are getting ready to cave for sure, which is why it was dumb to take it this far.

Look at it this way.

The market is pretty high up right now. Looks like private enterprise can exists and thrive without the Gubmint after all.

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Just called the BATFE to check the status on my tax stamp on my NFA weapon.

Got a recording that the particular department that handles NFA weapons is shut down.

Dagger.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Sorry to those furloughed but . . .

KEEP IT SHUT DOWN!

Start funding it piece by piece. Start with military, courts, essential and Constitutional pieces. Let's see how much we suffer without the Departments of Energy and Education. Or Commerce. Or Agriculture.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    IIRC the last time they played this silly game, all furloughed federal employees eneded up getting back pay. I think you'll end up alright if you can just get through the short term.

Good luck.

http://www.webpronews.com/obamacare-...trants-2013-10

ACA websites for registration/enrollment crashed because of too much traffic... clearly nobody wants this.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Fire them all! From Obama down to the last Republican in the House. Vote them all out!

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    http://www.webpronews.com/obamacare-...trants-2013-10

ACA websites for registration/enrollment crashed because of too much traffic... clearly nobody wants this.
    I'lll take scientific polls over anecdotal tech malfunctions every day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I'lll take scientific polls over anecdotal tech malfunctions every day of the week.
    Ones an assumption based on a small sample size and can sway greatly one way or another simply by wording involved. the other is actual data that this many people were here at this time and servers couldnt handle it. I mean if we trusted polls, Obama wouldnt be president right now anyway, right?
    -JAB

Ones an assumption based on a small sample size and can sway greatly one way or another simply by wording involved. the other is actual data that this many people were here at this time and servers couldnt handle it. I mean if we trusted polls, Obama wouldnt be president right now anyway, right?
    No. Romney was never ahead down the stretch.

And you're assuming a proper IT system was put in place. Given the history of our Government, the system was probably farmed out to the lowest bidder.

Actually towards the home stretch almost all the polls were dead on. And I'm not buying that they are shutting down cause too much traffic, especially from webpronews.com. Most reports I've heard are (on the high side) 1 0n 8 people know about the exchanges.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin

dont polls typically only show an estimate up until the actual event? This is the event and this was the results. taking the polls over the event seems a little backwards to me.

Whether they had a proper system in place or not is one thing but showing 2 million in traffic in 2 hours i think speaks volumes and that was just NY.

“Due to overwhelming interest in the NY State of Health – including 2 million visits in the first 2 hours of the site launch – the health exchange is currently having log in issues. We encourage users who are unable to log in to come back to the site later when these issues will be resolved.”
    feel free to look at any website you like, theyre all claiming a similar story, that just happened to be the one my phone News App directed me to.

Im just saying that there is most definitely a faction of people that want this, and apparently cant wait for it, despite what some may think/feel about it personally.

Back on topic... whats the over/under on how long this lasts?
    -JAB

I have no doubt it will get fixed.

But considering the severe tax penalty if you fail to sign up, I question the motivation of those trying to enroll or, more importantly, the popularity of something you're compelled by law to do.

Simply put, if you don't enroll, you face crushing IRS fines. Hardly something I'd call popular.

----

As for the shutdown, I don't see it ending any time soon.

dont polls typically only show an estimate up until the actual event? This is the event and this was the results. taking the polls over the event seems a little backwards to me.

Whether they had a proper system in place or not is one thing but showing 2 million in traffic in 2 hours i think speaks volumes and that was just NY.

feel free to look at any website you like, theyre all claiming a similar story, that just happened to be the one my phone News App directed me to.

Im just saying that there is most definitely a faction of people that want this, and apparently cant wait for it, despite what some may think/feel about it personally.

Back on topic... whats the over/under on how long this lasts?
    An automatically generated message, that was pre-typed doesn't make it so. I mean they could have typed, "this fucking rocks and everybody wants it, fuck you tea party." Doesn't mean that anybody's applied for it.

I say it last till mid next week, before the Republicans cave - as usual.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin