Plans for Jensen

It seems to me that if the Ravens didn't have plans to use him he would have been placed on IR as he has already missed four weeks and still has not practiced.

So does anyone have an idea as to how the Ravens might use him? Are they looking at him as C, LG or just a backup (although if this was the case I doubt they would have kept him on the roster).

Blog Entries

Re: Plans for Jensen

Quote Originally Posted by SeeBass View Post
    It seems to me that if the Ravens didn't have plans to use him he would have been placed on IR as he has already missed four weeks and still has not practiced.

So does anyone have an idea as to how the Ravens might use him? Are they looking at him as C, LG or just a backup (although if this was the case I doubt they would have kept him on the roster).
    I thought bout this and mentioned it in an early thread.

This is the last I heard about him
    http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...f-737e5a928162

Blog Entries

What was his injury? Wasn't it a broken foot or something?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

The Jensen situation is strange to me. It's so odd for them to continue carrying him, being a rookie, with such a lengthy injury. I think we all agree Gradkowski's play has left a lot to be desired but at the same time I'm having a hard time understanding the idea that inserting a rookie C midseason is somehow going to improve the play there. Just a very strange situation with him. He has to figure into their plans in some way for them to keep him on the active roster, just don't know what that plan is.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by SeeBass View Post

I am assuming they are keeping him as depth at the tackle position. The Ravens are pretty thin with o-line depth. If Oher or McKinnie goes down - well, we all saw what happened when Oher went out with an injury.... Having quality o-line backups is a pretty critical thing for a team.

Blog Entries

Solo whats the measurables on Jensen?

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    The Jensen situation is strange to me. It's so odd for them to continue carrying him, being a rookie, with such a lengthy injury. I think we all agree Gradkowski's play has left a lot to be desired but at the same time I'm having a hard time understanding the idea that inserting a rookie C midseason is somehow going to improve the play there. Just a very strange situation with him. He has to figure into their plans in some way for them to keep him on the active roster, just don't know what that plan is.
    Agreed that it is unlikely he will be available to play C any time soon, and despite work in camp, it is unlikely he would be an instant upgrade over Gino or Shipley.

But the Ravens must see something in the guy to have drafted him from a small program and kept him this far over other UDFA guys in camp. High Wonderlich scores? That would help "the C as QB of the OL" that Gino is effing up now. I don't know if he worked at G or T during camp, but they don't seem to want to sit him out for the year. Maybe they know the foot is getting close and want him to get work if only in practice. You don't keep a guy like Jensen active unless you think he can possibly help you.

Maybe that powerhouse offense @ U. Colorado Pueblo zone blocked?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Solo whats the measurables on Jensen?
    6'3" and around 310.

He looks more stout than Gino. Like you can kind of tell with Gino that he has to work really hard to stay around 300lbs whereas Jensen could probably easily maintain 310-315.

Still, Gino's size isn't the issue. It is the scheme and as Harbs eluded to , he is having difficulties adjusting to making line calls during the game.

Jensen isn't going to have any easier of a time with that. Making line calls is just like the QB calling an audible or making an on the fly adjustment at the line of scrimmage. Very few can step right in and do that. It takes most players a few seasons before they start to get fully comfortable with it.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

If they IR'ed him, I don't think he can rehab or train at the team facilities. It may simply be a case of deciding that taking a roster spot is worth it to get the guy some work and development later in the year, even if he is inactive every week.

I'm confused and hope some of our (many) more intelligent members can help me.

Jensen came from a tiny school with no tradition of sending players to the NFL.
    He is not a "big body": about 6'3" or 6'4" and about 305.
    He (IIRC) played G and C in college.
    He "went down with a broken foot early in training camp," so could not possibly had the chance to learn or show much at all.

What am I missing, guys? Why the great expectations for this guy?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    If they IR'ed him, I don't think he can rehab or train at the team facilities.
    I think he can. Certainly he ought to be able to rehab there.

According to Wikipedia, "[P]layers may not practice or return to the Active List for the rest of the season (including postseason games or the Pro Bowl) that they are placed on injured reserve, but are allowed to be with the team."
    It may simply be a case of deciding that taking a roster spot is worth it to get the guy some work and development later in the year, even if he is inactive every week.
    It seems that even the best centers out of college need time to learn to call NFL-level blocking schemes. Maybe they're keeping him on the roster to jump-start that learning curve for next year by practicing with the team this year. Sounds like they're not completely sold on Gino & want to see how quickly Jensen can pick up the necessary knowledge.