Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: RELAX !!!! Everyone take a chill pill and think some

The Ravens have salary cap issues.

The first step in improving the offense will be cutting Ray Rice this offseason and his 8.75 million cap. That should get some wiggle room to improve the OL and sign a TE.

Ravens also need to find the heir apparent to Joe Flacco.

He is not good enough for his rapidly expanding cap value. I think Joe is gone in a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by webbrick2007 View Post

The first step in improving the offense will be cutting Ray Rice this offseason and his 8.75 million cap. That should get some wiggle room to improve the OL and sign a TE.

He is not good enough for his rapidly expanding cap value. I think Joe is gone in a couple of years.
    Yes we need to find the next QB so we have a backup for the future. Flacco will be the QB for another 4 years easy. I agree on the move with Rice as the Ravens have never held a RB this long. I am just upset we let Bobby Rainey go to the Browns , however he has not been super productive for them to date.

"It is not how you play the game that matters... It is Winning The Super Bowl that counts"... Rumor Ray

Baltimore Has 10 Pro Football Championships!
    Baltimore Colts [NFL] in 1958, 1959, 1968, and 1970
    Baltimore Stars [USFL] in 1985
    Baltimore Stallions [CFL] in 1995
    Baltimore Ravens [NFL] in 2000 and 2012
    Baltimore Mariners [AIFA] in 2010
    Baltimore Mariners [AIF] in 2014

Blog Entries

I'm with you on Ray Rice. I think they can land a decent RB through FA or the draft and free up some cap room.

But you lost me on the heir apparent to Joe Flacco. Flacco is just entering his prime now and QBs play later in their careers than other skill players. Flacco will renegotiate his contract in a few years and will be here for many years to come.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ravenfever_com View Post
    OMG ??? REALLY this is all Gino's Fault? Gino is playing fine and he is the best center we have right now on the team. This year Flacco and Gino have been able to change snap counts and make other teams jump. The blocking is due to our other guys getting beat and pushed at the line. We need to PUSH the line forward not allow us to be backed up into Flacco or the runner.

NO I DID NOT SAY WE WILL WIN THE SUPERBOWL AGAIN !!! I said RELAX it is a long season... I will KEEP ROOTING FOR THE RAVENS !!!!
    who is not rooting for the ravens? take your purple shades off and face reality

Seems to be a common tendency on this forum for participants to try to polarize each other's opinions. Let's try to agree that real fans (as opposed to cheerleaders on the one hand and trolls on the other) really care about the team.

Being worried, frustrated, concerned after a game like this one is a natural reaction. "Panic" IMHO is something very different. I am concerned about the state of the team overall. I am not in a panic, not losing sleep, not taking drugs, contemplating suicide, etc. If you have no concerns at all, then I think you may be in some sort of fugue state, living in some sort of la-la land (whatever) that is the polar opposite of "panic."

I'm sorry to say this but we are so spoiled its getting out of control. Every time we win we all high and mighty and over confidient. But when we loose, we ready to throw someone or the entire team under the bus. Its ridicious. Its like we are divided fanbase. I dont understand some people sometimes. Chill. Yes it was a bad game and the team should have played better but disrespecting them because of struggles and trying to gain chemistry is over the top. We are the RAVENS!!!!! its way too early to say "oh lets get rid of people" lets trade someone" or we won't have a good season and miss the playoffs yada yada ya. I still believe we would have a good season and make the playoffs.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Seems to be a common tendency on this forum for participants to try to polarize each other's opinions. Let's try to agree that real fans (as opposed to cheerleaders on the one hand and trolls on the other) really care about the team.

Being worried, frustrated, concerned after a game like this one is a natural reaction. "Panic" IMHO is something very different. I am concerned about the state of the team overall. I am not in a panic, not losing sleep, not taking drugs, contemplating suicide, etc. If you have no concerns at all, then I think you may be in some sort of fugue state, living in some sort of la-la land (whatever) that is the polar opposite of "panic."
    :word

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post

cosign

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by D-RavedUp5-27-52-20 View Post
    I'm sorry to say this but we are so spoiled its getting out of control. Every time we win we all high and mighty and over confidient. But when we loose, we ready to throw someone or the entire team under the bus. Its ridicious. Its like we are divided fanbase. I dont understand some people sometimes. Chill. Yes it was a bad game and the team should have played better but disrespecting them because of struggles and trying to gain chemistry is over the top. We are the RAVENS!!!!! its way too early to say "oh lets get rid of people" lets trade someone" or we won't have a good season and miss the playoffs yada yada ya. I still believe we would have a good season and make the playoffs.
    I agree. There are too many people that use black/white thinking. It's either all or nothing with some people.

Cutting Rice is not going to open up any money...it's not that simple...there would be a ton of dead money.

But I will say this, knowing now what we have with Pierce, I think he kinda makes Rice's cap number pretty glaring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Did we have some major struggles on both sides of the ball yesterday? Yes.

Did the running game look like a complete lost cause? Yes.

There were times yesterday when our team looked like a complete lost cause, but to act like we should be looking to the future, at this point in the season, sitting atop the division, is beyond ridiculous. This team has some serious offensive line issues, but there were times last year where our line looked as bad as it has so far this year. We can't be acting like the offseason signings have produced nothing thus far. Our defense was looking very bad defending the run early, but certainly defended it well as the game moved along. Dumervil and Canty have looked great. Spears hasn't looked that good, but he's made some splash plays. Daryl Smith has been the best player defensively so far at a salary of 825k. The Huff signing is the only one I really regret. I'd rather have all of those guys than Boldin. Marlon Brown is going to continue to develop. He seems like he has a very good understanding of the game, and he knows how to use his body to make plays. That sounds like someone who can become a player like Boldin to me.

The fact is that through a game on the road where we had turned the ball over 4 times, we still had a chance on the final drive to win the game, where Buffalo needed a spectacular play from a rookie LB to end it. Am I concerned about the way the team looked yesterday? Certainly, but it's nothing that isn't fixable. Minimize the turnovers (which is something this team does very well) and that game looks a whole lot different than it did yesterday. This team can hang with any team on a good day, and will still have a good chance of pulling out wins against bad teams on bad days.

Despite my optimistic outlook, anyone can see that something needs to change in the run-blocking scheme. Our backs look like they have no confidence that any holes will open up and are panicking to at least get back to the line. I'm hoping we revert back to the man-on-man scheme where KO looked so good last year. I'm not exactly sure how a smaller guy like Gino will do with that scheme, which may be part of the reason why it was changed.

this is largely a product of all the changes. Some changes (the DL and LB) shored up areas nicely.

Other changes (Receivers and OL) have not gone as well. The OL and TE is by far the most troubling areas. There really aren't any other options at TE, as we saw yesterday there is a reason that Flacco does not trust his TEs across the middle because if the ball bounces off of their hands it is a sure pick.

I still think the Harbaugh would love to replace McKinnie. They also seem to have plans for Jensen. Would not be surprised to see some major changes in the OL if things don't go better in Miami.

BTW, Thompson looked good yester