Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Deonte Thompson

Re: Deonte Thompson

The real issue is the O-Line ... then TE

Thompson had a great game ... Brown is getting better and Torrey proved he is the #1 ....

"It is not how you play the game that matters... It is Winning The Super Bowl that counts"... Rumor Ray

Baltimore Has 10 Pro Football Championships!
    Baltimore Colts [NFL] in 1958, 1959, 1968, and 1970
    Baltimore Stars [USFL] in 1985
    Baltimore Stallions [CFL] in 1995
    Baltimore Ravens [NFL] in 2000 and 2012
    Baltimore Mariners [AIFA] in 2010
    Baltimore Mariners [AIF] in 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Loyola View Post
    They still need a functional TIGHT END.

Please Ravens - please try to understand this concept!
    At least one, if not two.

Want to stop the head shots. Along with the 15 yds, send the player off until the player hit returns. Maybe that would stop it, maybe not. Instead you have a player on the bench and the guy who put him there still on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    Want to stop the head shots. Along with the 15 yds, send the player off until the player hit returns. Maybe that would stop it, maybe not. Instead you have a player on the bench and the guy who put him there still on the field.
    They basically do that in the NCAA with the new targeting rules, which I don't mind that much.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    Perhaps like they do the 5 yard or 15 yard different face mask penalties, for helmet to helmet they should do a 15 yard personal foul or a game ejection based on the severity.

Currently our Tight Ends should be used for run blocking and pass protection only. If Thompson can play this week, use him with Smith and Brown. Forget throwing to anyone that can't catch the ball. Let them block only. And please stop with the 3 yard passes!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    They basically do that in the NCAA with the new targeting rules, which I don't mind that much.
    The thing is, I've seen them call that 4 times this year and eject the player. All four times they reviewed the play and reinstated the player before the next play. But they are still penalized 15 yds.

Not sure it's working like they drew it up...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    The thing is, I've seen them call that 4 times this year and eject the player. All four times they reviewed the play and reinstated the player before the next play. But they are still penalized 15 yds.

Not sure it's working like they drew it up...
    I'd rather have them review that and get it right though before just ejected a guy without looking at the play again.

Thompson looked good until that head shot. I just hope the dude can stay healthy. The group of Wr's is good and cool with me. Hoping by the bye that group will be at full strength. Would be nice to see all them in a full game.
    TE is a problem we didn't see coming. I sure hope we do have a chance to see Pitta down the stretch. It would help a lot.
    The O line is the issue, that MVP QB of ours is taking way to many shots. At least the last game. How the hell he going eat those mighty wings if he keeps getting hit in mouth.

But It was nice to see Thompson out there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    I'd rather have them review that and get it right though before just ejected a guy without looking at the play again.
    yeah agreed but if they determine it wasn't helmet to helmet, why does the team still get 15 yds. In all four cases they over ruled the call on the field but the 15 yds stands. Just sayin' it's flawed

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    yeah agreed but if they determine it wasn't helmet to helmet, why does the team still get 15 yds. In all four cases they over ruled the call on the field but the 15 yds stands. Just sayin' it's flawed
    I think the review is if you're targeting the helmet; ie it's always illegal to hit helmet to helmet (even if it was incidental) but if you were "targeting" the head, you get 15 yards AND ejection.

My way is if you send a player off after getting the penalty, you stay off if or not he returns. Guess nobody can think lets knock this guy out of the game and we only get a 15 yrd penalty....