Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: The Ugly, The Ugly, and the Ugly!

I honestly don't see how anyone can justify or defend abandoning the running game without even rushing the ball 10 times. I get that it didn't seem to be working. But we didn't even run the ball enough to know it wasn't going to work. The opposing secondary doesn't have to play honest, the defensive line can pin their ears back, you're going to get dominated in TOP, and when you've got the crap receiving core we have, a terrible performance is inevitable.

Terrible day for Caldwell.

2. Re: The Ugly, The Ugly, and the Ugly!

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    End of the first half we only needed 15-20 yards to get in Tucker's range, had all our time outs and didn't even try.

Than kicking the fg from the 7 with 4 min left. With a defense that couldn't stop the run today. You need to go for the win and put the pressure on the rookie QB to drive the field on you. Just dumb.
    I really do not understand what the plan was at the end of the first half. You have 3 timeouts and a huge 3rd down play coming up, so what do you do? Apparently you hurry to the line and throw a flare to Tandon Doss. I think we should have used a timeout and discussed what to do. I understand not wanting to give Buffalo the ball back, but that was a pretty big play.

As to your other point, I'm having trouble seeing a change in our chance to win if we go for it instead of kicking the field goal. Note that if they go for it and miss, they still have to stop Buffalo's run game, which the D finally in the 4th. And if Corey Graham grabs Manuel's fumble, he walks into the endzone for a 27-23 lead.

I'd also like say that the stupid 3rd and goal play was terrible; I have no idea why your best checkdown option is running a route to the back of the endzone on a 3rd and 5. I'd like to have seen Rice on a slow release pattern just past the line. I think John goes for it if it's 4th and 1 or 2.

Good: The defense making game-changing plays (INTs and almost fumble recoveries) when we needed it.
    Bad: The Offense not taking advantage of those opportunities.
    Ugly: *(all connected)* Lack of balance on offensive playcalling, Poor offensive line play and Flacco forcing passes.

Like to forget this one. But I hope the coaching staff doesn't...

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    Could it be that 92 is taking plays off, as was stated in the beginning when he was first drafted?!?! Just saying....

P.S. Is it just me, or does this team seem to lack the requisite passion it takes to win consistently in this league....good teams don't lack such passion. AND, the coaching really seems to SUCK, and this is Harbs responsibility!
    I dunno if its passion or what but we really have a disturbing tendency for slow starts. For whatever reason we come out flat and uninspired and before you know it we're down a couple FGs or a TD. The Denver game was an abberration but even then the flatness still came it was just in the 2ND half.

More on the thread topic....

Good : we escaped without serious injuries (holding my breath on Webbie and DeOnte though)

Bad : TE. OLine. Getting schooled by a weak Buffalo secondary that was without most of its best players to boot. The stupid penalty on Sizzle at the end.

Ugly : not calling a SINGLE RUN in the WHOLE 3RD QUARTER. Even if its not effective you still have to keep the D honest. Cmon Caldwell....I know you're better than this.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    I honestly don't see how anyone can justify or defend abandoning the running game without even rushing the ball 10 times. I get that it didn't seem to be working. But we didn't even run the ball enough to know it wasn't going to work. The opposing secondary doesn't have to play honest, the defensive line can pin their ears back, you're going to get dominated in TOP, and when you've got the crap receiving core we have, a terrible performance is inevitable.

Terrible day for Caldwell.
    In the first half we had 8 rushing attempts that resulted in -5 yards. Flacco had already thrown for 2 touchdowns. I for one don't want the wear and tear on Rice or Pierce if they can't get more than 2 or 3 yards a a pop. For a team that knew we were throwing we sure threw for a lot of yards on Buffalo. Flacco was getting about 14 yards per completion...if you include the drops he was about 55% today completion wise. That's not good, but we threw a lot. Flacco throws pics early in the season...hopefully he got that out of his system.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post
    In the first half we had 8 rushing attempts that resulted in -5 yards. Flacco had already thrown for 2 touchdowns. I for one don't want the wear and tear on Rice or Pierce if they can't get more than 2 or 3 yards a a pop. For a team that knew we were throwing we sure threw for a lot of yards on Buffalo. Flacco was getting about 14 yards per completion...if you include the drops he was about 55% today completion wise. That's not good, but we threw a lot. Flacco throws pics early in the season...hopefully he got that out of his system.
    Instead of the same run play up the middle, maybe they could've mixed it up, ran some slants, a delayed draw, even dare I saw, an end around. The only running play in the book was between the center and the guard. Maybe some dumpoffs or screens would've been nice. Didn't see those either. I have no explanation but luckily it's only one game

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!