Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

The Ugly, The Ugly, and the Ugly!

This thread is easy this week.

Ugly -

Joe Flacco - INTS, and the absolutely stupid throw on 2nd and 8 from midfield when you only need 15 yards to get in Tucker's range. Just dumb.

The O-Line - Really the worst run blocking we've had in years. We talked about needing a replacement for Birk, but Gino is getting manhandled up front. Oher and McKinnie are useless sealing the edges. Yanda can't do it by himself. Osemele has taken a step back.

Corey Graham - yes, I know he had an important INT. But the blown coverages are atrocious. And he's lucky he didn't give up TD's on back to back drives.

Coaching staff - It is insane to scrap the run game like we did in the second half. Absolutely insane.

Re: The Ugly, The Ugly, and the Ugly!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    This thread is easy this week.

Ugly -

Joe Flacco - INTS, and the absolutely stupid throw on 2nd and 8 from midfield when you only need 15 yards to get in Tucker's range. Just dumb.

The O-Line - Really the worst run blocking we've had in years. We talked about needing a replacement for Birk, but Gino is getting manhandled up front. Oher and McKinnie are useless sealing the edges. Yanda can't do it by himself. Osemele has taken a step back.

Corey Graham - yes, I know he had an important INT. But the blown coverages are atrocious. And he's lucky he didn't give up TD's on back to back drives.

Coaching staff - It is insane to scrap the run game like we did in the second half. Absolutely insane.
    Scrapping the run game is the only smart thing we did. This team was completely unprepared to play though. The jets manhandled this team last week and that Buffalo o-line just embarrassed our front 7

Looks like the coaching staff, OC, and the entire team stayed out on the party bus to long. With that said, the OC we have is worse then Cameron.

I think the jump ball to the shortedt guy on the field could qualify as ugly

Blog Entries

Until the OL is fixed, we are not going to get anywhere. That zone blocking scheme has GOT to go.

U G L Y !

Is there a line? Offensive? Defensive? I didn't see any!

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMRaven View Post
    Until the OL is fixed, we are not going to get anywhere. That zone blocking scheme has GOT to go.
    No run game = putting ourselves in 3rd and long all the time and with our receivers that = defense on the field all the time. It just breaks down our entire gameplan and it has to be fixed ASAP.

In the prediction thread somebody said this game would be about fundamentals.

Well we saw a whole lot of fundamentally bad blocking, tackling, and throwing in traffic

And here I thought we'd see some improvement with the O line and the running game against the Bills. Sheesh. I couldn't have been more wrong.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Quote Originally Posted by rpcfball View Post
    This team was completely unprepared to play though.
    THIS, THIS, and MORE THIS!!!!! With Harbs extension, I guess he feels it is unnecessary to prepare this team week in and week out. This reminds us a little bit of the end of Billick's tenure - team lacks DISCIPLINE, MENTAL/PHYSICAL TOUGHNESS (as evidenced by ZERO intensity/getting manhandled by the Bills), and you name it....utterly disgusted by their performance!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

First we earned the loss, but that last penalty was just one that was ugly on the refs. Manuel wasn't down and was being cute trying to eat up time; so if a situation existed where the refs chose the outcome this was it. Though unlikely the Ravens had a chance to tie or win. Did they deserve it nope, but it wasn't the refs choice.

Quote Originally Posted by gromit7619 View Post
    I think the jump ball to the shortedt guy on the field could qualify as ugly

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    THIS, THIS, and MORE THIS!!!!! With Harbs extension, I guess he feels it is unnecessary to prepare this team week in and week out. This reminds us a little bit of the end of Billick's tenure - team lacks DISCIPLINE, MENTAL/PHYSICAL TOUGHNESS (as evidenced by ZERO intensity/getting manhandled by the Bills), and you name it....utterly disgusted by their performance!
    The offense had a horrendous day...I actually thought the defense played ok considering the circumstances with all the turnovers. Webb getting hurt didn't help at all.