Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The AFC

The AFC

Houston is 2-2 after blowing a huge lead at home to Seattle.
    Cleveland is 2-2 after beating the Bengals.
    Cincinnati is 2-2 after losing to the Browns.
    The Steelers are 0-4.

We're 2-2. Things could be worse. The whole "cream of the crop" of the AFC is sucking right now, save Denver. (And I expect NE to look bad/lose in Atlanta.)

After this loss I truly expect the Ravens to play well in Miami.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Re: The AFC

The Ravens normally bounce back after tough losses. I expect a win vs Miami. The AFC North is up for grabs, save for Pittsburgh. At 0-4 their season is done. But after the Ravens have looked for 4 games...I wouldn't predict them to win the division.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    The Ravens normally bounce back after tough losses. I expect a win vs Miami. The AFC North is up for grabs, save for Pittsburgh. At 0-4 their season is done. But after the Ravens have looked for 4 games...I wouldn't predict them to win the division.
    The bad part is even at 0-4, the Steelers are only 2 games behind in the division.

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Houston is 2-2 after blowing a huge lead at home to Seattle.
    Cleveland is 2-2 after beating the Bengals.
    Cincinnati is 2-2 after losing to the Browns.
    The Steelers are 0-4.

We're 2-2. Things could be worse. The whole "cream of the crop" of the AFC is sucking right now, save Denver. (And I expect NE to look bad/lose in Atlanta.)

After this loss I truly expect the Ravens to play well in Miami.
    Agreed. But Harbs, Caldwell and whoever the phuck the OL coach is needs to figure out the running game issue ASAP. Because we could not run the ball, they were just sending the pass rush after Flacco and our questionable OL. When this team cannot run the ball, we won't win.

Blog Entries

Huge opportunity missed today by the Ravens to end the Steelers' season, establish themselves as the team to be beat in the AFC North and for AFC playoff seeding. I guarantee you that the Patriots will beat the Bills both times as they always do. Bellichik does not believe in "letdown" games. It's time Harbaugh learned.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    Agreed. But Harbs, Caldwell and whoever the phuck the OL coach is needs to figure out the running game issue ASAP. Because we could not run the ball, they were just sending the pass rush after Flacco and our questionable OL. When this team cannot run the ball, we won't win.
    it's been proven over and over, the Ravens have to run the ball and have some semblance of balance. Hell most every team does.

After one quarter of football, the are 2-2 and can still win the division. They have to get the run game going to do it though IMO

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

The Ravens almost won the game today with zero run game. I think it's safe to say if we had Jacoby and Pitta, we would have. We almost did w/o them and I think would've found a way if not for two awful play calls on 1st and 2nd after a miraculous conversion on 3rd and 18.

But nickh is correct ... the Steelers are 0-4 but are only two games out of first place because the rest of their division is so weak. They are technically very much still alive because the only team in the AFC North showing spunk right now is the BROWNS.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    Huge opportunity missed today by the Ravens to end the Steelers' season, establish themselves as the team to be beat in the AFC North and for AFC playoff seeding. I guarantee you that the Patriots will beat the Bills both times as they always do. Bellichik does not believe in "letdown" games. It's time Harbaugh learned.
    So being 3 games up on the inbreds "ends their season?"

Blog Entries

How anyone can be confident playing the Dolphins after today is beyond me. That's a good team they have there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    How anyone can be confident playing the Dolphins after today is beyond me. That's a good team they have there.
    Because I trust large sample sizes over one game. We do this every f'ing year people. We win a game like the one against Houston and everyone starts jerking each other off. Then we lay a massive egg against a team we should beat and all is lost and we have turned into the Bucs of the 70s.

Harbaugh and Joe have a tendency to come back from losses pretty strong notwithstanding last years 3 game blundering from the defense while we were dealing with injuries.

I always have confidence in the Ravens. Despite all the shit we played on the field today we almost won.

Quote Originally Posted by riprulz8 View Post
    Because I trust large sample sizes over one game. We do this every f'ing year people. We win a game like the one against Houston and everyone starts jerking each other off. Then we lay a massive egg against a team we should beat and all is lost and we have turned into the Bucs of the 70s.

Harbaugh and Joe have a tendency to come back from losses pretty strong notwithstanding last years 3 game blundering from the defense while we were dealing with injuries.

I always have confidence in the Ravens. Despite all the shit we played on the field today we almost won.
    You're not necessarily wrong... but the Ravens rarely play well on the road. We've only managed to split on the road the last two years, and aside from beating Pit on the road I can't think of another decent team we beat on the road recently... playoffs excluded of course. Last year it was the Chiefs, Browns, Steelers and Chargers, the year before it was the Rams, Steelers, Browns and Bengals. Only two playoff teams among those, and both of those were in 2011.

We're 0-2 on the road to start this year, and considering we have Miami, Pit, Browns, Bengals, Bears and Lions to go on the road... Only one of those teams are below .500 right now. It's gonna be a tough road to hoe.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by riprulz8 View Post

so how many rushing yards are you predicting next week? LOL