Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 5 ints

Blog Entries

Re: 5 ints

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    and 4 games in now, and no real progress id say that may be the course of action, but if Harbs is telling him to fix it, than the one responsible is pretty clear. The OL play comes down to the OL coaches. Moeller should be included in that but everyone around here seems to have said he isnt the OL coach this year, so thats why he gets left out.
    And that ambiguity might be resonating throughout the locker room.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    And that ambiguity might be resonating throughout the locker room.
    certainly one of the things ive been saying all along about Castillo being the Pseudo OL coach while Moeller was still here. If theyre not on the same page and teaching conflicting things that could explain part of the confusion on the field. Which if thats the issue, id agree thats on Harbs for bringing that situation on himself. who knows, maybe the next thing we hear is that Moeller is fired so theres only one Chief.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    except your analogy assumes the OL was not good to begin with. this isnt a new batch of students so to speak. Same ones as last year that were much better in those areas. So add teacher to that crop and the Teacher is now the variable. If it were just Gino, Id say the argument would be a lot stronger, but its across the board.
    I'll save this post and come back to it when we get into the POs
    for the 6th straight year.

They're new students to a new coach Castillo and some not so
    bright to begin with. Won't mention his name but an entire book
    was written about him with the word stupid plastered all over it.

We have a new defense and some new guys on offense with some
    new schemes across the board on offense. We said
    it would take some games for things to gel. Ravens are exactly
    where they are as I figured when the schedule came out. They
    beat Houston when I didn't think they would and they lost to Buff
    when I didn't think they would.

They're still on top in AFC-N.

And so you're there every day in practice and in the locker room
    to see all this supposed friction? Uh Huh!
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 09-30-2013 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    I'll save this post and come back to it when we get into the POs
    for the 6th straight year.

They're new students to a new coach Castillo and some not so
    bright to begin with. Won't mention his name but an entire book
    was written about him with the word stupid plastered all over it.

We have a new defense and some new guys on offense with some
    new schemes across the board on offense. We said
    it would take some games for things to gel. Ravens are exactly
    where they are as I figured when the schedule came out. They
    beat Houston when I didn't think they would and they lost to Buff
    when I didn't think they would.

They're still on top in AFC-N.

And so you're there every day in practice and in the locker room
    to see all this supposed friction? Uh Huh!
    you lost me.

I dont doubt that this team can make the playoffs and when have i claimed to see "supposed friction" at practices?

Im saying that giving castillo a pass isnt warranted. thats all. HC takes the jabs but the first scrutiny should be on the position coach and then if it persists the HC. As far as we know thats exactly what is going on behind the scenes. 1/4 way through the season is time to start seeing they arent gelling.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

The key phrase there is as far as we know. None of us here know anything for certain
    behind the scenes. HARBs probably knows it's on the players but that's a guess too.
    He worked with Castillo all those years in Philly and brought him in and most of us were
    really excited.

Ravens went to SB after Caldwell and Castillo took over last year.

On the throw over the middle when the receivers ran double slants? I still can't figure out why Brown decided to run behind the linebacker instead of in front of him. That int was not on joe. He threw it where the receiver should have gone.

The int that Dickson gave to the defender? That int was not on Joe.

The int when Torrey slipped in the endzone? That int was not on Joe.

I'll blame the other 2 on him.

Why this team can't pass or run block vs the team with a horrible defense is the real question.

iggyman555 Guest

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m

Bills gave game ball to DB coach Donnie Henderson, whose unit was without its top 4 DBs yet still intercepted Joe Flacco 5 times.#BillsMafia

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post
    On the throw over the middle when the receivers ran double slants? I still can't figure out why Brown decided to run behind the linebacker instead of in front of him. That int was not on joe. He threw it where the receiver should have gone.

The int that Dickson gave to the defender? That int was not on Joe.

The int when Torrey slipped in the endzone? That int was not on Joe.

I'll blame the other 2 on him.

Why this team can't pass or run block vs the team with a horrible defense is the real question.
    Yea, it was a risky throw anyway and Flacco definitely wasn't expecting the linebacker to just be sitting there camped out.

You can tell that Flacco was expecting Marlon Brown to cut across the linebacker's face, not behind him.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Not sure if it was posted already but if not this happens to the best of them, sometimes a few times in their careers.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...est-qbs/19766/
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post
    Not sure if it was posted already but if not this happens to the best of them, sometimes a few times in their careers.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...est-qbs/19766/
    It sure does. And now our own Super Bowl MVP has a 5 int game. Joe is still a top 5 QB, but 5 ints. wow smh.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post

Bills gave game ball to DB coach Donnie Henderson, whose unit was without its top 4 DBs yet still intercepted Joe Flacco 5 times.#BillsMafia

Bastard lol. He was good player in his day. For my life I can't remember which team(s) tho. KC, MIN or BUF?
    "On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the Draft

Settle down. John Harbaugh and Joe Flacco's Baltimore Ravens can beat any team, anywhere.

Having fun talking football and tech stuff on Twitter @BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post

We had a thread that Buff was banged up but I had no idea that
    bad. So this makes the loss even worse, man.

Buffalo also had a rookie head coach from Syracuse who almost
    beat NE this year. The AFC's two championship teams really
    struggled vs him with one losing.

http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...e-d7db7a84d78b

The former Philadelphia Eagles offensive line coach (1998 – 2010) and defensive coordinator (2011 – 2012), has brought some changes to the offensive line’s scheme. But the Ravens attest that they aren’t sweeping alterations.

Last week, Pro Bowl guard Marshal Yanda said there’s “maybe a wrinkle here and a wrinkle there.” He said it’s the same fundamentals, and there’s a lot of the same things the Ravens previously had in their run blocking, but with a “little bit of a different twist on it.”

“It’s the same offense. We still run the same plays. We still have the same philosophy,” Harbaugh said. “There are always a few wrinkles. That’s why I brought Juan in, because I was excited about the things I knew he was going to bring to the table and bring to our program. That’s a part of what we’re doing.”
    The way this is written, its Castillo thats brought the changes and Harbaugh is letting him coach it the way he sees fit. also brings up that Harbs is open to changing that line of thought to whatever fits the team best, which may not be what Castillo is implementing.

At the same time, Harbaugh also said there could be more tweaks made.

“We’ve got to make decisions, scheme-wise, about what’s best for our guys to do,” he said. “It has nothing to do with style or technique or anything like that. It’s finding what our guys can do well with this group and doing it well.”
    i foresee some changes in the next weeks, and like i said before, i think this is a case of a smart coach trying to fit a square peg into a round hole, to see if it would fit. It hasnt, and theyll adjust going forward.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    It sure does. And now our own Super Bowl MVP has a 5 int game. Joe is still a top 5 QB, but 5 ints. wow smh.
    Top 5 is misleading. Brees, Brady, Manning, Rodgers are solidly better. Joe is above average but hardly there yet. Joe is the Eli Manning of the AFC. Wherever you put Eli is where you put Joe.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    Top 5 is misleading. Brees, Brady, Manning, Rodgers are solidly better. Joe is above average but hardly there yet. Joe is the Eli Manning of the AFC. Wherever you put Eli is where you put Joe.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    In my opinion, Joe is a crappy regular season road game qb and an elite playoff road game qb!