Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 97

Thread: 5 ints

  1. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Balmer Merlin Hon
    Posts
    3,324
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 5 ints



    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom View Post
    Having said that, this team will learn their lessons and then move on come Tuesday.
    From what little of the debacle I watched before nausea set in, it seemed like the offense was playing 2-3 yards deep in its own backfield on every fracking play.

    When the lesson is that the OL cannot block anyone at any time, the only road open for moving on leads off the side of a cliff.




  2. #26

    Re: 5 ints

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenMan View Post
    This is a load of crap, i guess we will ignore the two dropped passes for TD against the Browns where he put them right in their hands or all the 3rd down throws against the Texans last week. Inside the numbers he has played better than it looks especially with no running game, poor pass protection, and dropped passes.

    Now before you use today as an example, yes he played horribly, one of his worst as a pro for sure but he has not played horribly all season, so far typical Joe, up and down.
    What has 2 dropped passes have to do with the way he played after those plays? Shouldn't by that logic, Joe have continued to play (or at least not continue to throw terribly) well; 5 picks or not?

    Also, when has he been up this year to consider him "up and down"? Which of the 4 games, has he been "up"? The best we can say is he's been "down and even-ish". Denver, bad-to-just below average. Cleveland, even. Houston. even-ish. Today; horrible.
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.




  3. #27

    Re: 5 ints

    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    What has 2 dropped passes have to do with the way he played after those plays? Shouldn't by that logic, Joe have continued to play (or at least not continue to throw terribly) well; 5 picks or not?

    Also, when has he been up this year to consider him "up and down"? Which of the 4 games, has he been "up"? The best we can say is he's been "down and even-ish". Denver, bad-to-just below average. Cleveland, even. Houston. even-ish. Today; horrible.
    Been reading your posts across the threads, its obvious you are a Flacco hater despite your icon there. I lurk and read a lot, have not seen a post from you during or after any game so far this year, Joe throws 5 picks and suddnely you show up. Its not the line's fault that he was sacked and hit more this week than the last two weeks, its his.

    And you show you don't even watch the games probably, the two TDs I refer to were in the Cleveland game. Where he might have finished with 3 TDs but for those dropped passes.

    Also you don't think that if there were two dropped passed for TDs today that it might have made a difference? Lets only focus on what Joe does right? Not what anyone else does right? You think all 5 of those INTs were his fault today?




  4. #28

    Re: 5 ints

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenMan View Post
    Been reading your posts across the threads, its obvious you are a Flacco hater despite your icon there. I lurk and read a lot, have not seen a post from you during or after any game so far this year, Joe throws 5 picks and suddnely you show up. Its not the line's fault that he was sacked and hit more this week than the last two weeks, its his.

    And you show you don't even watch the games probably, the two TDs I refer to were in the Cleveland game. Where he might have finished with 3 TDs but for those dropped passes.

    Also you don't think that if there were two dropped passed for TDs today that it might have made a difference? Lets only focus on what Joe does right? Not what anyone else does right? You think all 5 of those INTs were his fault today?
    lol I am not a flacco hater. IF YOU REALLY Want to stalk, read ALL of my previous posts regarding Joe, go to the official forums and read ALL of my previous posts there too - full of Flacco defending from real "haters" (as you call them). Hey, I'm only suggesting reading previous posts since yo're so inclined to bring up previous posts (based on"I've been reading across different threads").

    Also, being concerned/not happy with a player's play = "hater" now? I have nothing against the guy - zero. He just needs to play like he's paid, and like he's able to play. I don't see what's wrong with wanting that? We can't have a go at posters just because they different ways of expressing things.

    But I don't need to prove anything matey. Love that line of thinking -disagree/get mad at an opposing view; label that person = profit/win!!! Maybe the reason I, and so many others, come across as a "hater" lately is because Joe hasn't been playing that well this season? Or average at best?

    The problem isn't me - it's the QB play and overall offensive play.

    I hate myself for responding to a post full of assumptions. But I have to put that out there - don't label someone/dismiss them just so you don't have to deal with an alternate view/opinion.
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.




  5. #29

    Re: 5 ints

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenMan View Post
    Funny I feel the same way.
    Nice explanation of your point of view. I'll say this, wanting for the QB play better, does not a hater make.
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.




  6. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    15,334
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 5 ints

    IMHO they cannot put it all on Joe's shoulders. And these long slow developing plays are what got Cam fired. What happened to the quick slants and screens, an occasional delayed draw or outlet to the RB? Get it out of his hands quickly and take a couple yard gain and live for another play.

    It is what it is
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  7. #31

    Re: 5 ints

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    IMHO they cannot put it all on Joe's shoulders. And these long slow developing plays are what got Cam fired. What happened to the quick slants and screens, an occasional delayed draw or outlet to the RB? Get it out of his hands quickly and take a couple yard gain and live for another play.

    It is what it is
    Agreed. And no one is putting it ALL on Joe. But like I've said elsewhere, he IS the QB, paid like a top tiered one at that. Surely it's not sin to suggest he should play better? Once he does, I guarantee you that our WRs will suddenly look like world beaters, and our line will go from giving up sacks to almost giving up sacks.

    My point in previous posts in this thread - don't sulk, point fingers/label people, and take your toys home the moment someone has an altering point of view.
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.




  8. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    15,334
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 5 ints

    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Agreed. And no one is putting it ALL on Joe. But like I've said elsewhere, he IS the QB, paid like a top tiered one at that. Surely it's not sin to suggest he should play better? Once he does, I guarantee you that our WRs will suddenly look like world beaters, and our line will go from giving up sacks to almost giving up sacks.

    My point in previous posts in this thread - don't sulk, point fingers/label people, and take your toys home the moment someone has an altering point of view.
    Yes he had a terrible game, stared down receivers, made throws he shouldn't have made. That red zone turnover we got and then threw it away could've been the difference in the game. He has to know not to throw that, I agree. But we need a somewhat balanced offense to win IMO.
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  9. #33

    Re: 5 ints

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Yes he had a terrible game, stared down receivers, made throws he shouldn't have made. That red zone turnover we got and then threw it away could've been the difference in the game. He has to know not to throw that, I agree. But we need a somewhat balanced offense to win IMO.
    Agreed. You won't help your QB with bad blocking (pass & run) and ignoring the passing lanes. Run it if not to humour the other team. Straight up giving up on the run in the 3rd quarter was bullish. We needed to keep them honest. In saying that, they fell for a PA which was funny because we hadn't run it for what seemed like years before that!
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.




  10. #34

    Re: 5 ints

    What is missing this year especially are plays where Joe gets rid of the ball in 3 seconds or less. Look at Peyton Manning. How long does he hold onto the ball? Our offensive line is not built to hold off defenses forever. Especially if the defense knows that every play is a pass. We are forced to pass, because our O line can't open a hole for Ray Rice. Adrian Peterson wouldn't gain 20 yards a game with this O line. We need better play calling and short quick plays from our offense. What ever happened to no huddle and up tempo?

    Another thing missing is our tight ends. We don't have any. Ed Dickson wouldn't play on my team. I would tell Dallas Clark to retire and play with his kids. Bajema has caught like 2 passes in his entire career. Please bring up Matt Furstenburg before the season is totally lost.

    I can't blame this game entirely on Flacco. Maybe 2 interceptions were his fault. The rest were receiver mistakes. It's hard being on target when you get hit as much as he was today.




  11. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,586
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: 5 ints

    I don't question what the Ravens paid Joe at all. But, no doubt Joe was a big part of the loss with at least 3 picks that were on him. The two tips balls are a large part the receivers, but Joe still threw the ball and it goes on his stat sheet. I also question why Joe threw what almost looked to be a jump to the 5'7 Ray Rice on that 3rd down throw. It looked like he had Marlon on the corner of the endzone.

    At the end of the day this was a total offensive let down today. The O-Line stunk up the place and the running backs failed to make any impact at all. Ed Dickson continues to play his way off the team. I think the WRs actually played well and Deonte Thompson had a very good day.




  12. #36

    Re: 5 ints

    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    lol I am not a flacco hater. IF YOU REALLY Want to stalk, read ALL of my previous posts regarding Joe, go to the official forums and read ALL of my previous posts there too - full of Flacco defending from real "haters" (as you call them). Hey, I'm only suggesting reading previous posts since yo're so inclined to bring up previous posts (based on"I've been reading across different threads").

    Also, being concerned/not happy with a player's play = "hater" now? I have nothing against the guy - zero. He just needs to play like he's paid, and like he's able to play. I don't see what's wrong with wanting that? We can't have a go at posters just because they different ways of expressing things.

    But I don't need to prove anything matey. Love that line of thinking -disagree/get mad at an opposing view; label that person = profit/win!!! Maybe the reason I, and so many others, come across as a "hater" lately is because Joe hasn't been playing that well this season? Or average at best?

    The problem isn't me - it's the QB play and overall offensive play.

    I hate myself for responding to a post full of assumptions. But I have to put that out there - don't label someone/dismiss them just so you don't have to deal with an alternate view/opinion.
    Look at the bright side of this, even with 5 INT'S/bad as the Ravens looked they still had a chance to win at the end.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland