Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Ray Rice - slowing down? Or still injured?

Thought this was worthy of its own thread.

Some think that Rice is just slowing down big time and he can't do the things he used to. Others think he is still feeling from the hip injury during the Browns game.

He has had a lot of touches dating back to his Rutgers days...and historically 27 seems to be that magical age where backs start to wear down.

Discuss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Ray Rice - slowing down? Or still injured?

Schiano ran Rice like crazy his last 2 years...335 and then 380 attempts in 11 or 12 game seasons on turf.

That's insane.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Both in likelyhood.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Schiano ran Rice like crazy his last 2 years...335 and then 380 attempts in 11 or 12 game seasons on turf.

That's insane.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I think about this too.

In two seasons he averaged more than a lot of NFL backs average per game in 2-3 years.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    Both in likelyhood.
    If he is still hurt then he shouldn't be playing.

Blog Entries

He's definitely lost a step for one reason or another. I think I saw him fall, without being touched, at least once. I think they should start sharing his carries more with Pierce.

Blog Entries

They just need to block an open some holes for him

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I think it's more the injury at this point. I know we haven't seen the 2009 Ray Rice since, well, 2009, but it seems to me he had plenty of explosiveness last year. The plays late in the season against San Diego, Pittsburgh, and the Giants all spring immediately to mind. I would think if he were just running out of steam, we might have noticed something before now. In my mind, he's always been overrated as a conventional, between-the-tackles runner, but I think we'll see some of his old open-field explosiveness again.

And yes, a little space to run would be welcome as well. If Rice is still playing like this if and when Pierce starts to get things going, then I'll be worried about him.
    "Simply because we were licked a hundred years before we started is no reason for us not to try and win."--Atticus Finch

"Let's score some more points, guys!"--Joe Flacco

Blog Entries

I don't think anyone questions how poorly the line has played and how that impacts Rice, but he seems to be falling down on arm tackles a lot more than he used to and he just doesn't seem to have that cutback quickness that he has in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    They just need to block an open some holes for him
    There were a couple of plays that were fairly well-blocked, and instead of running forward, he shied away and started looking for a cutback that wasn't there, and he got drilled for a loss. He looks awful. I think the hip is still a major problem; it looks like he can't even lift his leg to take the next step on his cuts.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    There were a couple of plays that were fairly well-blocked, and instead of running forward, he shied away and started looking for a cutback that wasn't there, and he got drilled for a loss. He looks awful. I think the hip is still a major problem; it looks like he can't even lift his leg to take the next step on his cuts.
    He's always had the tendency to do that, though. I think he learned that at the school of Willis McGahee
    "Simply because we were licked a hundred years before we started is no reason for us not to try and win."--Atticus Finch

"Let's score some more points, guys!"--Joe Flacco

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    I did notice that too he was a little reluctant to follow leach. But he also did it on that touchdown run.

His hip is definitely bothering him and there's nobody behind Pierce. I'm not sure if Draughn is still on the team but I cut him and sign Anthony Allen

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!