Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 ints

Blog Entries

Re: 5 ints

What I want to know is why there aren't designed plays for Marlon in the end zone?

Did anyone watch the Broncos game last night?

I realize that Joe is NOT Peyton and probably never will be, but my God...I am so damn jealous of their offense. Even when it isn't clicking, it is still clicking.

Anyone see the formation with Peyton in the gun?

Knowshon Moreno on his left and Welker on his right...Demaryius Thomas split wide on the left, Eric Decker split wide on the right...Julius Thomas in the slot...

Welker runs up to the line of scrimmage, dodges inside and makes contact with the nickel corner and then flattens out hard towards the sideline...Peyton just puts it right out in front of Welker. Easy TD.

Where is the creativity? Where are the creative routes?

Or, how about the bubble screens to Demaryius Thomas when they were in the red zone? Why don't we do a bubble screen to Torrey? Or Doss? Hell, the only receiving TD Doss has ever had came on a screen play.

Better yet...WHERE THE FUCK IS KJ???
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

UM, Marlon Brown in the end zone. TD on designed play in end zone. He would have had
    second TD but was pushed down from behind on the goal line but no flag. Brown would have had it on designed play. Joe put the ball between two defenders.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/video...b-720a3ee05156

The change in blocking schemes is on HARBS AND Caldwell (see article from this site on grades), not Castillo who implemented what they want. Players aren't picking them up.

Gino is just plain bad. Look at the film. He's rolled over often and repeatedly on straight
    bull rushing up the middle - power vs power or um, lack of power and size on Gino's part.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 09-30-2013 at 06:57 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    UM, Marlon Brown in the end zone. TD

The change in blocking schemes is on HARBS AND Caldwell, not Castillo who implemented what
    they want. Players aren't picking them up.

Gino is just plain bad. Look at the film. He's rolled over often and repeatedly.
    I don't disagree with that...the entire OL stinks right now. It isn't just Gino. Oher got beat by Marcel Darius yesterday and just watched as he planted Flacco. KO was called for illegal formation, McKinnie got beat by Mario Williams, KO was beat several times by Kyle Williams, Yanda and Oher were beat by Marcel Darius and Andre Branch.

The entire OL has some major issues right now and while Gino is the easiest to single out, this is an issue that goes far deeper than a 1st year center. Furthermore, AQ Shipley got beat like a drum during the pre-season against scrubs. He isn't going to do much better.

The Ravens need to dance with who they brought and right now that is Gino.

Regarding Marlon Brown - yes, I see that he can clearly catch TD passes. Wowwweeewwwooow.

What I want to know is if they are going to throw the fade and try to throw stuff to the back of the end zone, why are there no plays designed for the guy who is 6'5"?

Blog Entries

UM, Marlon Brown in the end zone. TD on designed play in end zone.

The change in blocking schemes is on HARBS AND Caldwell, not Castillo who implemented what
    they want. Players aren't picking them up.

Gino is just plain bad. Look at the film. He's rolled over often and repeatedly.
    So Castillo gets a pass in your book? the Run game coordinator/pseudo OL coach has no responsibility over the poor OL play and in particular the run game? Sorry but Man or ZB both work its about execution, and hes not getting them to execute worth a damn. Ive not see our OL get such little push on Run plays. Peirce and Rice are literally running into a wall on almost every play, and now thats even against a team that isnt very good against the run.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    What I want to know is if they are going to throw the fade and try to throw stuff to the back of the end zone, why are there no plays designed for the guy who is 6'5"?
    i said the same thing during the game. I think they did a fade to Lynch or somebody else and I just turned to my buddy like "why not the RZ target?" Thats why you have a guy like that. Who cares if the other team knows its coming the point is, they cant do anything about it with a bunch of <6' guys covering him.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Oher sucked once again too after giving up two sacks in first half last week.

This writer says he just watched as Joe got sacked again yesterday. He doesn't
    even mention Casillo blaming HARBs and Caldwell.

http://russellstreetreport.com/raven...-23-ravens-20/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    So Castillo gets a pass in your book? the Run game coordinator/pseudo OL coach has no responsibility over the poor OL play and in particular the run game? Sorry but Man or ZB both work its about execution, and hes not getting them to execute worth a damn. Ive not see our OL get such little push on Run plays. Peirce and Rice are literally running into a wall on almost every play, and now thats even against a team that isnt very good against the run.

i said the same thing during the game. I think they did a fade to Lynch or somebody else and I just turned to my buddy like "why not the RZ target?" Thats why you have a guy like that. Who cares if the other team knows its coming the point is, they cant do anything about it with a bunch of <6' guys covering him.
    When he's been the best o-line coach over the years - yes.

Tony's guy blames HARBs and Caldwell. See link above.

Blog Entries

When he's been the best o-line coach over the years - yes.

Tony's guy blames HARBs and Caldwell. See link above.
    sorry but just because some writer wants to put the blame on the head instead of one of its parts doesnt make it true. The OL is suffering, the Run blocking in particular. You bring in a guy thats the best in the business, to improve something that was already good and you go backwards thats on him. He needs to get them better prepared. Man VS ZB doesnt really matter if you execute properly, and they arent.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I think the fade was to Deonte Thompson or Torrey.

While that isn't a bad option...I just don't understand why you wouldn't gun for the 6'5" guy.

Blog Entries

sorry but just because some writer wants to put the blame on the head instead of one of its parts doesnt make it true. The OL is suffering, the Run blocking in particular. You bring in a guy thats the best in the business, to improve something that was already good and you go backwards thats on him. He needs to get them better prepared. Man VS ZB doesnt really matter if you execute properly, and they arent.

A writer who knows a little more about football than the average poster which is why he's
    writing to begin with and not the average poster. Just look at his analysis.

If you're the best math teacher in school for 10 years and all your students always got it in the past
    but you have a new class with some students not picking it up, doesn't mean it's you.
    You have a great record as a math teacher. Maybe you have some slow students or in this
    case, slow linemen not picking the schemes up.

Also, this is the same o-line that did so well in the POs last year and SB minus, um Gino.

Just saying, ya know?

Blog Entries

At the end of the day, the buck stops with Harbaugh.

He's the head coach. He tells the coordinators what he wants.

I totally think that Caldwell and Castillo AND Moeller, who has gone overlooked in a lot of this, all have their hands in this fucked up cookie jar.

However, it is down to Harbaugh to kick in the offensive coordinator's door and tell him to fix it or find a new job. Clearly the Ravens don't have any issues firing coordinators during the season...

Blog Entries

A writer who knows a little more about football than the average poster which is why he's
    writing to begin with and not the average poster. Just look at his analysis.

If you're the best math teacher in school for 10 years and all your students always got it in the past
    but you have a new class with some students not picking it up, doesn't mean it's you.
    You have a great record as a math teacher. Maybe you have some slow students or in this
    case, slow linemen not picking the schemes up.

Also, this is the same o-line that did so well in the POs last year and SB minus, um Gino.

Just saying, ya know?
    except your analogy assumes the OL was not good to begin with. this isnt a new batch of students so to speak. Same ones as last year that were much better in those areas. So add teacher to that crop and the Teacher is now the variable. If it were just Gino, Id say the argument would be a lot stronger, but its across the board.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    At the end of the day, the buck stops with Harbaugh.

He's the head coach. He tells the coordinators what he wants.

I totally think that Caldwell and Castillo AND Moeller, who has gone overlooked in a lot of this, all have their hands in this fucked up cookie jar.

However, it is down to Harbaugh to kick in the offensive coordinator's door and tell him to fix it or find a new job. Clearly the Ravens don't have any issues firing coordinators during the season...
    and 4 games in now, and no real progress id say that may be the course of action, but if Harbs is telling him to fix it, than the one responsible is pretty clear. The OL play comes down to the OL coaches. Moeller should be included in that but everyone around here seems to have said he isnt the OL coach this year, so thats why he gets left out.
    -JAB