Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Maybe its me, but our line is TERRIBLE w Castillo

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    No "buts". We had 24 yards rushing and 7 of those were on one draw play. This went way beyond embarrassing. We returned 4 of 5 linemen from a good blocking unit yet these guys are playing like rookies. And against Buffalo, the 2nd WORST run defending team in the entire league. Completely unacceptable.
    You know every year we have a game like this. I agree it's embarrassing what happened out there today. And guess what? We will see a game like this next year and the year after that and the year after that.......

2. Re: Maybe its me, but our line is TERRIBLE w Castillo

Our line sucks at pass blocking seemingly every year, and it's just gotten even worse with Castillo. Maybe Birk retiring had a lot to do with the regression of our O line, but I don't know, all I know is something has to be done because this is one sorry ass O line
    You guys wanna hear a funny joke?

DEAN PEES............That is all

Blog Entries

Castillo's zone blocking scheme has GOT to go! Gino is part of the problem, but he isn't all of it. The O-line has been god-awful all through the pre-season and 4 games of the regular season. How many more games will it take for the realization to dawn that this scheme and these players don't match??

Blog Entries

Yup. The absolute, utter and complete lack of any run game at all is one hell of a concern for this team.

The O-line? Don't get me started.

At least with Joe, I feel like he will improve. Oline? Not sure, but they'll have to if we are to do anything at all.
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    The O-line? Don't get me started.

At least with Joe, I feel like he will improve. Oline? Not sure, but they'll have to if we are to do anything at all.
    Joe has a tremendous amount of pride in his own abilities. A game like this will give him a jolt. Look for him and the offense to be a different unit against the Dolphins next week.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Stop with the whining about nepotism. Castillo had a helluva pedigree when he came in late last year & we were all happy to have him (considering that the then-&-current OL coach has no pedigree, is an even closer buddy of Harbaugh, & struggles with ethanol).

Castillo is reputed to be "a great teacher." Has he lost his touch? Or is this unit fundamentally unable to learn what he's trying to teach them?

Moeller is still the official OL coach. Is he implementing blocking schemes that don't work well with the personnel? At Castillo's insistence or at cross-purposes?

Is Gino incapable of calling the appropriate blocking schemes? Has he simply not learned enough? Does he not recognize what the opponents are planning? Or are the opponents able to diagnose his calls & alter their attack to defeat them?

IOW I'd like to have a lot better handle on the situation before I start calling for anyone's head.
    Where does Castillo's great pedigree come from? Harbaugh and Andy Reid saying so? When Andy Reid was the HC and Castillo was the OL coach in Philly, the Eagles did not have a physical offensive line. They had a finesse offensive line, because Reid ran a pass happy offense. Reid's idea of a running play was as swing pass to a RB. Castillo's view of how an OL should play is not representative of what we have known as Ravens football. The Eagles couldn't run the ball effectively at all. So, why was Castillo hired again? FOJ- Friend of John.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Where does Castillo's great pedigree come from? Harbaugh and Andy Reid saying so? When Andy Reid was the HC and Castillo was the OL coach in Philly, the Eagles did not have a physical offensive line. They had a finesse offensive line, because Reid ran a pass happy offense. Reid's idea of a running play was as swing pass to a RB. Castillo's view of how an OL should play is not representative of what we have known as Ravens football. The Eagles couldn't run the ball effectively at all. So, why was Castillo hired again? FOJ- Friend of John.

This.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dirt1 View Post
    where does castillo's great pedigree come from? Harbaugh and andy reid saying so? When andy reid was the hc and castillo was the ol coach in philly, the eagles did not have a physical offensive line. They had a finesse offensive line, because reid ran a pass happy offense. Reid's idea of a running play was as swing pass to a rb. Castillo's view of how an ol should play is not representative of what we have known as ravens football. The eagles couldn't run the ball effectively at all. So, why was castillo hired again? Foj- friend of john.
    preach!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMRaven View Post
    Castillo's zone blocking scheme has GOT to go! Gino is part of the problem, but he isn't all of it. The O-line has been god-awful all through the pre-season and 4 games of the regular season. How many more games will it take for the realization to dawn that this scheme and these players don't match??
    As I said on the other thread there is no zone blocking scheme.
    Wally said they're blocking man to man. That's not zone blocking.
    Vinny said they're not coming off the ball fast enought. That's
    not zone blocking. He said they're coming off the ball high and soft
    or lazy, not low and hard. A lineman got a face mask penalty on
    a running play. That's because he blocked high, not low.