Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ring of Honor Guys all got 2013 SB Rings?!

Went to a function this afternoon with Matt Stover in attendance. Matt was sporting a nice shiny 2013 Ravens Super Bowl Ring (He let me put it on for a minute which was super cool, but I digress).

I asked him how he ended up with a 2013 ring and he said it was Biscuit's idea to order rings for everyone in the ring of honor, and for Modell's sons since Art isn't with us anymore.

That would mean even Ernest Byner got a 2013 ring. Not sure about the "Old Colts".. Trying to picture Ray Berry and Gino the Giant sporting 2013 Ravens SB rings..

Methinks Steve went a tad bit overboard with the ring orders.

Re: Ring of Honor Guys all got 2013 SB Rings?!

I don't think he went overboard. it's a nice gesture. the last time the Niners won they had Boyz II Men perform at their ring party, and Debartello bought all of the members of the group a ring.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Not like he doesn't have the cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Went to a function this afternoon with Matt Stover in attendance. Matt was sporting a nice shiny 2013 Ravens Super Bowl Ring (He let me put it on for a minute which was super cool, but I digress).

I asked him how he ended up with a 2013 ring and he said it was Biscuit's idea to order rings for everyone in the ring of honor, and for Modell's sons since Art isn't with us anymore.

That would mean even Ernest Byner got a 2013 ring. Not sure about the "Old Colts".. Trying to picture Ray Berry and Gino the Giant sporting 2013 Ravens SB rings..

He was extremely generous.

A friend of ours works in PR and she got the same ring as the players. Normally, the office staff get a 2nd tier ring.

The RoH members all got rings as "Cornerstones of the Franchise". I like the idea. I thought I saw Lenny Moore also wearing his at the Lewis induction.

methinks Steve is a superb creator and nurturer of organizations. This is more evidence why

Hope he paid the TAX for them also. Otherwise they would have to sell it.

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    He was extremely generous.
    A friend of ours works in PR and she got the same ring as the players. Normally, the office staff get a 2nd tier ring.

The RoH members all got rings as "Cornerstones of the Franchise". I like the idea. I thought I saw Lenny Moore also wearing his at the Lewis induction.
    Those rings cost $32,000 each. Dick Cass said everyone in the organization
    gets one. Another thing Biscuit did was fly all the volunteer workers to the
    Super Bowl and gave them tickets. They have retirees and students working
    for them during camp setting up all the equipment and carrying the players
    pads back and forth and anything they need. They are volunteers but Biscuit
    flew them all down to NO for the game and they stayed with the team.

We're so lucky to have him.

What a career for Lenny. Before this ring he had the 58 and 59 championship rings plus
    the HOF ring. He wore that on one hand and the 58 ring on the other. When someone asked
    him which ring was more important he said, the entire team got me this 58 ring but
    I got the HOF ring on my own. LOL.

Well, not completely alone Lenny, as Unitas told Chuck Thompson after the 58 Sudden Death
    game, none of it would have been possible if not for the guys blocking for me.

As for Stover, my nephews grew up with his kids at Beachmont Christian Camp in Kingsville,
    MD and he spoke to the kids once. He said, this ring is kind of heavy and gave it to my
    nephew to hold while he spoke. It was of course the SB 35 ring. Total class all the way.

I just wish Heap and Mason could have rings. They won so many games for us but
    no cigar.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 09-28-2013 at 01:21 AM.

Have u been sleeping for 7 months?

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Hope he paid the TAX for them also. Otherwise they would have to sell it.
    He could pay some of the tax, but not all. Our friends had to pay tax on something like $7,000 of the total cost.

I'm not entirely familiar with the tax consequences of such an item, but I believe he would be allowed to give a gift of up to $14,000 to each employee without tax.

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    I wonder if all the "Old Colt" Ravens ROH members got a ring. I would think Mr. Bisciotti offered a ring at least to those close to the org, like Lenny Moore - he's always around. He may have offered one to each of the Colt HOFer's, but perhaps some respectfully declined. Raymond Berry after all appears to have chosen Indy as his fav team, although he may have "followed" his friend Peyton Manning to Denver, I dunno. Gino Marchetti has been mostly neutral about the Ravens I believe, but I could be wrong. I'd like to think that Steve offered a ring to Mr. Arthur Donovan before he passed. Pretty sure he did and I hope Artie accepted it. Come to think of it, I guess it would be pretty hard not to accept a SB ring regardless of the circumstances .

If anybody knows anything about this the info would be most appreciated.

One thing I think everyone knows for sure is that we could not wish for a better owner than Mr. Steve Bisciotti.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Have u been sleeping for 7 months?
    Cut the OP some slack.

Yes, we've had this discussion a few times but he may have missed them. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Cut the OP some slack.

Yes, we've had this discussion a few times but he may have missed them. ;)
    it wasn't just here, I read it on various sports sites in and around the time, unless you totally switch of from football, which is what. I'm asking, your bound to have heard