The Byrne Identity - always a good read

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...3&media-type=N

Those of us here every day can see leadership all around. First, you could argue that there is no better leader in the NFL among coaches than John Harbaugh. He is historically good, and it’s obvious we all respond to his commanding, yet welcoming, presence.
    Do we see it with the players? Yep. Rather than claim guys are leaders, I’ll tell you a couple of things we find impressive.
    Players have just one day off every week (based on a Sunday game.) That’s Tuesday. On Fridays, we try to get the players out of here by 2 p.m., encouraging them to stay off their feet as much as they can before returning for Saturday meetings and a brief practice.
    Walking down the hall last Friday afternoon, I heard the unmistakable big voice of Suggs coming from one of our meeting rooms. A peek inside revealed the linebackers and defensive linemen watching video without a coach present. The day was supposed to be finished for the players.
    “Haloti and I run it,” Suggs said. “We go 45 minutes to an hour, and we just make sure that we’re all on the same page with the game plan. We all need to see the same thing. Ray (Lewis) used to do one like this a few years ago. I think doing this on our own, without the coaches, helps our communication.”
    Pretty impressive.

Party At Lardarius’ House

Not what you think.
    I asked James Ihedigbo if the secondary did its own meeting on Fridays. “No, but we go to Webb’s house on Wednesday nights.”

“Yeah, all the DBs (defensive backs) come to my house on Wednesday, and we look at the game plan we were given that day by the coaches,” Webb said. “It’s good for us, because it helps us all get on the same page.”
    Why is Webb the host? “They say I make the most money, so I have to have it at my house. I get some food, and we’re building a real strong group back there. The time together is good for us.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Re: The Byrne Identity - always a good read

I always love reading Byrne's columns. Very interesting viewpoint from the inside!

I knew the article would be good the moment I read his reference to TMZ as "that bastion of journalism". Zing!

Love how Byrne ends by saying "the cavalry is on its way." We are nowhere near peak shape and have a chance to enter the bye with a winning record. If we scratch our way to between 9-7 and 11-5 and get Jacoby and Pitta back, we'll be a beast no one wants to play.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Love how Byrne ends by saying "the cavalry is on its way." We are nowhere near peak shape and have a chance to enter the bye with a winning record. If we scratch our way to between 9-7 and 11-5 and get Jacoby and Pitta back, we'll be a beast no one wants to play.

But, but, but...Denver is unstoppable!!! Manning will destroy them again, especially if its cold!!

/sarc

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    I always love reading Byrne's columns. Very interesting viewpoint from the inside!
    Agree. I'm not sure if fans of other teams get this kind of inside information.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Agree. I'm not sure if fans of other teams get this kind of inside information.
    I don't think it is possible with some teams. I mean look at Cleveland, how many regimes have they been through?