Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Re: San Fransisco 49ers vs. St. Louis Rams Game Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    Well the touchdown was a different catch later in the drive, but it was an exceptional effort to get into the end zone. The 42 yard pass: it being easy and him being wide open, that's my entire point. I'm just lamenting that we don't often see that from the Ravens. The only wide open receiver I can recall getting a ball thrown to him this season was Ed Dickson last Sunday that got called back due to a McKinnie facemask penalty hahah
    OK, we agree on that point, Finnegan was benched after that play because he was horrible in coverage. We just need to play against someone like him and we'll get guys open too.

I remember the Dickson catch, even if there wasn't a penalty he ran out of bounds with no one around him.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I still wish the Ravens were able to get Tavon Austin. I think he is going to be wasted in St. Louis.
    They are doing a terrible job with him.

He should be in on more than 60 percent of their plays, and it also seems like every single route he runs is between the LOS and 10 yards. Why not have him run some deeper routes with his speed? Mix it up...he isn't going to maximize his talent running nothing but 5 yard routes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

The offensive line isn't cutting it. The RB isn't cutting it. Bradford's not bad, but he's leaving plays on the field. The WRs aren't bad, but they've dropped their share as well.

Schottenheimer, why he's emptying the backfield when Bradford's dealing with so much pressure in his face is beyond me.

The defense is trying to hang in there, but their coaching hasn't done them any favors. San Fransisco's been getting them with the same plays over and over. They took Jenkins off of Boldin, mainly, for one drive and it resulted in a TD. It almost resulted in another big play that was reversed, but San Fransisco still ended up scoring on that drive as well.

Games like these are reassuring when the Ravens have a QB like Flacco.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Bradford looks like a pocket passer who doesn't throw well when flushed from the pocket which is happening a lot. The few times he stepped into the throw he was accurate.

Blog Entries

They haven't tried running Austin out of the backfield with how bad they are running it. San Fran's LBs are beating them to the hole. They don't have Austin returning kicks and their kick returns have been bad.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

iggyman555 Guest

schottenheimer is a joke

Those holes Gore is running through are huge.

Long and Saffold are out today?

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Fumble!!!!!!
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Long and Saffold are out today?

Long got hurt in the second.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    They are doing a terrible job with him.

He should be in on more than 60 percent of their plays, and it also seems like every single route he runs is between the LOS and 10 yards. Why not have him run some deeper routes with his speed? Mix it up...he isn't going to maximize his talent running nothing but 5 yard routes.

Good observation, Mayock pointed that out and the last drive confirmed it. They need to take a shot down field.

Blog Entries

Man, if I'm a Safety for San Fransisco, I'm getting free check tonight.