Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 49
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Balmer Merlin Hon
    Posts
    3,686
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ray's Grammar Intervention



    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    trickeration is a word!?!?!?!?

    Wouldn't it be trickery?
    Shurzell was last February:
    Trickery dickery dock,
    The Crows ran down the clock:
    Koch messed around, then went out of bounds--
    Trickery dickery dock




  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Eastern Shore
    Posts
    2,559

    Re: Ray's Grammar Intervention

    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    I'll put Ernest Hemingway, F Scott Fitzgerald, and Mark Twain up against any other 3 writers from another country.
    Agreed. Just don't put Ray, Keyshawn, or Irvin up against them.
    "Screw it, let's ride"!




  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Eastern Shore
    Posts
    2,559

    Re: Ray's Grammar Intervention

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    trickeration is a word!?!?!?!?
    Of course it is.
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...m=trickeration

    1. Trickeration

    A fictitious word commonly used by football announcers to make themselves feel intelligent. When the word they actually mean to say is: Trickery. But we all know that most announcers never learned anything in school and just focused on football all day long.

    Football Announcer: That play was just filled with trickeration!
    "Screw it, let's ride"!




  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,745

    Re: Ray's Grammar Intervention

    Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Of course it is.
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...m=trickeration

    1. Trickeration

    A fictitious word commonly used by football announcers to make themselves feel intelligent. When the word they actually mean to say is: Trickery. But we all know that most announcers never learned anything in school and just focused on football all day long.

    Football Announcer: That play was just filled with trickeration!
    Urban dictionary... good one
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Severna Park
    Posts
    3,455
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ray's Grammar Intervention

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Irregardless of the answer?
    Okay, that made me laugh




  6. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,959
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ray's Grammar Intervention

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Exspecially is not a word.
    Conversate is not a word.
    I don't think it's fair to dog people for saying exspecially. (Unless if they actually write it out that way, lol.)

    That's just a very minor example of hastily saying a word without annunciating.

    Conversate I don't think is too big of a deal either. That's usually a result of starting to say converse but then changing to conversation.

    Double negatives though... Those drive me bonkers.




  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,959
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ray's Grammar Intervention

    Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Agreed. Just don't put Ray, Keyshawn, or Irvin up against them.

    I think Hemingway would get along really well with Ray Lewis, actually.

    They'd have some serious BFF potential. I think they'd respect each other a ton.

    (I'm not even joking)




  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Balmer Merlin Hon
    Posts
    3,686
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ray's Grammar Intervention

    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    That's just a very minor example of hastily saying a word without enunciating.
    Um...FTFY.

    Just FYI & FTR:

    annunciate, vt.: announce.
    enunciate, vi..: utter articulate sounds

    (Source: Webster's Third New International Dictioary.)




  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,949
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ray's Grammar Intervention

    and the one you hear all the time... he's so celebral. why not say he's a smart guy?
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Venice Florida
    Posts
    273

    Re: Ray's Grammar Intervention

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    and the one you hear all the time... he's so celebral. why not say he's a smart guy?
    Sometimes they even say, "he's so cerebral" .




  11. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Eastern Shore
    Posts
    2,559

    Re: Ray's Grammar Intervention

    Quote Originally Posted by Florida Art View Post
    Sometimes they even say, "he's so cerebral" .
    Lol. Nice! You're a pretty fart smeller.....................I mean smart feller!
    "Screw it, let's ride"!




  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,949
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ray's Grammar Intervention

    Quote Originally Posted by Florida Art View Post
    Sometimes they even say, "he's so cerebral" .
    LOL obviously they dont say it about me
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  13. #43

    Re: Ray's Grammar Intervention

    At least none are at this level...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7dPprbzNSc




  14. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,959
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ray's Grammar Intervention

    Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Um...FTFY.

    Just FYI & FTR:

    annunciate, vt.: announce.
    enunciate, vi..: utter articulate sounds

    (Source: Webster's Third New International Dictioary.)
    I swear on my life, that was autocorrected.




  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,949
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ray's Grammar Intervention

    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    I swear on my life, that was autocorrected.
    my excuse is this damn new keyboard for my ipad. keys are so damn close together it's gonna take a while
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland