Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Possibly stupid question: How many times has Pees sent a DB on a blitz this year?

Heck, how often has he sent more than the DL plus Doom & Sizzle?
    This is the thing that annoys me about Pees. He's too conservative. That's all well and good when you're not that talented, but this unit clearly are.

Blog Entries

Re: The Ravens Sack Pace

Quote Originally Posted by BSHU View Post
    The Ravens are ranked 6th in team sacks.
    http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...EFENSIVE_SACKS
    Doom and Suggs have combined for 31 pressures this year. Only one pair of OLBs has had more pressures than them this year: Houston and Hali in KC.
    http://articles.baltimoresun.com/201...elvis-dumervil
    31 pressures in 3 games?

Holy shit!

Not to get too overconfident, but we haven't even played P-burgh yet. What's the over/under on sacks and pressures in those two games?
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

The upcoming schedule should be favorable to the pace as well. E.J. Manuel is going to be able to avoid a few, but if they get behind early he could be in trouble. Ryan Tannehill is playing better, but on the road against Cleveland, they only scored about 23, while taking advantage of three Weeden Ints. Rodger won't be easy to bring down, but his offensive line is not too hot to trot right now and if they go into Pitt, on a roll, which will likely and largely depend on how they do versus Green Bay, Ben might get sacked seven times, while avoiding another seven all on his own.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Not to get too overconfident, but we haven't even played P-burgh yet. What's the over/under on sacks and pressures in those two games?
    The way Pigben has been holding the ball like a loaf of bread, you might see Suggs doing his Sultan of Swat impersonation...

Wait a minute...I thought that the Ravens D had lost way too much talent on defense in the offseason to compete effectively this year.

I mean, Kruger, Ellerbe, Ray, Reed...

Merrill Hoge (and almost everyone else in the media for that matter) said the defense was going to suffer because of the loss of these guys.

Hmmm....

Not the loss of talent, the loss of leadership...;)

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

I cant help but wonder what Pop Mattison would've done (rather NOT done) with all these rushers at his disposal. I shudder to think.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect

Blog Entries

Sack rates change all the time. There is no way you can look at 3 games and accurately predict where the team will be by the end of season.

Blog Entries

Ravens bavent even played the Steelers yet. :-).. i still think this team is better than last years and will be in AFCCG again, barring injuries.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    Wait a minute...I thought that the Ravens D had lost way too much talent on defense in the offseason to compete effectively this year.

I mean, Kruger, Ellerbe, Ray, Reed...

Merrill Hoge (and almost everyone else in the media for that matter) said
    the defense was going to suffer because of the loss of these guys.

Hmmm....
    Hoge is an idiot. Worst analyst term used lightly out thier. Biggest homer also.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Werewolf View Post
    I cant help but wonder what Pop Mattison would've done (rather NOT done) with all these rushers at his disposal. I shudder to think.
    Shudder away. IMHO he'd have done pretty damned well.

The problem with his Ravens defenses was precisely that he didn't have "all these rushers" at his disposal, which meant he needed to get creative in order to gin up any sort of pressure at all. That usually means sending a DB & hoping the short-handed pass coverage can hold up long enough for the rush to get home--a decidedly high-risk strategy even with a better secondary than he had to work with.

Mattison is not a stupid coach. Not terribly creative maybe (& frankly who knows how much of that had to do with placating Harbs' abundantly-documented aversion to risk) but not stupid either. From all appearances, the current front 7 doesn't need Toejamosaurus-Rexian scheming: the DC need only "Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war"....& IMO "Pops" coulda(woulda) done that just as well as Pees does now.