Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: This is EXACTLY why I am glad the Ravens did not draft Vontaze Burfict.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    For all we know the GB player did something earlier that made the cup check necessary. The fact Burfict had the nads to do it right in front of the ref without getting caught is high school prank funny.
    Usually you're pretty level-headed CincyCat, but seriously: If you were playing football and an opposing player came up to you and sack-tapped you, clearly not in jest but in provocation, you'd just start laughing if the ref was nearby? "Oh you kidder! WHAT A PRANKSTER YOU ARE! You hurt my nads right in front of an official, you're so silly! So brave, too!"

C'mon, man.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Yeah sorry but I wish we would've used a 6th or 7th on him. Just about everyone in here wanted us to grab him. Dude can play. Period. He was graded as a 1st rounder. Sorry but him but checking someone isn't going to make me feel any different that the Ravens missed out on a great player and let a direct competitor get him un drafted. Still boggles me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Yeah sorry but I wish we would've used a 6th or 7th on him. Just about everyone in here wanted us to grab him. Dude can play. Period. He was graded as a 1st rounder. Sorry but him but checking someone isn't going to make me feel any different that the Ravens missed out on a great player and let a direct competitor get him un drafted. Still boggles me.
    Especially when we used our 6th rounder on Tommy Streeter lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    :word

I was surprised we didn't nab him, but there were 31 teams(including the Bengals) who didn't use a pick on him either. Everyone saw the same issues with him and they knew about his abilities too. The Bengals are fortunate to grab him as an UDFA. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that Ozzie doesn't want guys who are perceived as head cases.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    I was surprised we didn't nab him, but there were 31 teams(including the Bengals) who didn't use a pick on him either. Everyone saw the same issues with him and they knew about his abilities too. The Bengals are fortunate to grab him as an UDFA. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that Ozzie doesn't want guys who are perceived as head cases.
    But we did sign Rolando McClain, not too long ago...

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    But we did sign Rolando McClain, not too long ago...
    He's a mulligan, nothing lost there. Recovery was signing Smith.

Blog Entries

Meanwhile, Pacman gets arrested again this week at 2:30 a.m. and people are bitchin about a dickslap...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

During the draft, the Ravens had plenty enough football reasons not to draft him, let alone the other stuff.

When some regular video (ie - a non highlight package) came out, it was awful. I mean, horrible. He looked like the linebacker version of Dallas Clark's preseason.

I thought that, more than his off field concerns, dropped him way down in the draft (probably to the 5th or 6th round), and then the off field stuff and out of control temperament pushed him out of the draft entirely. And as WS said earlier, he probably doesn't have a clear role in our defense like he does in Cincy's as a 4-3 MLB.

Of course, now he's doing very well, so who knows? I think even Cincy has to be surprised.

So maybe he just needed the right system and environment, I don't know. The Ravens made an intelligent move in passing on him, and the Bengals took a flyer and it worked out for them.

So while I maintain that no matter what, this was a fantastic bargain for them, I agree with the idea that the Ravens weren't foolish to pass on him. And even more to the point, I agree, we don't need guys who are walking personal fouls out there. So in the end, the Ravens made a smart move for themselves, and the Bengals got a very good player for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    He's a mulligan, nothing lost there. Recovery was signing Smith.
    Rolando McClain's blowup in his hometown was the best thing that could have happened to the Ravens. Without it, I think we see no Daryl Smith in purple.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Usually you're pretty level-headed CincyCat, but seriously: If you were playing football and an opposing player came up to you and sack-tapped you, clearly not in jest but in provocation, you'd just start laughing if the ref was nearby? "Oh you kidder! WHAT A PRANKSTER YOU ARE! You hurt my nads right in front of an official, you're so silly! So brave, too!"

C'mon, man.
    All I was saying is if the guy had it coming, oh well. We don't know what happened on every play leading up to the sack tap.

Just glad we didn't get flagged for retaliating for a change. It all evens out.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Meanwhile, Pacman gets arrested again this week at 2:30 a.m. and people are bitchin about a dickslap...
    Jones got mouthy with a cop for arresting his girlfriend and both were released. Stupid thing to do. He's been playing very well. We don't need that crap.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎