Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: This is EXACTLY why I am glad the Ravens did not draft Vontaze Burfict.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Look at it this way. Would you rather have Tommy Streeter or Vontaze Burfict. If we had drafted Burfict instead of Streeter, would you be upset or happy?
    Hindsight is 20 - 20, but to answer your question = Burfict... Bc

I'd rather not have shitheels on the team.

I'd like to think the FO feels that way, too, and I think the results speak for themselves. Feel free to carry on as if character doesn't matter; thankfully we're here in the cheap seats and you're not hurting anything.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    I think the front office may have already answered this with Pollard. Sure, Suh is (probably?) one of the best DTs in the league, so maybe Ozzie and Co. would give Suh more rope, but I'd say Pollard is a better match for Burfict's in terms of how their skill compares to the rest of the players at their position. 15 yard penalties are killers.
    Pollard was likely released due to the 'mutiny', not his toeing-the-line play.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Yes, and you know why, because that shit kills you in the playoffs. Do you remember the game Orlando Brown is most remembered for? How about the game Darren Stone is most remembered for?

They are going to go over to Houston in the Wildcard round and he's going to pull some stuff like this, and get caught, and it's going to crush any momentum they have up to that point. Book it. In the playoffs, this type of stuff gets exposed.
    Stone wasn't a good player, and Brown's incident didn't happen in a playoff game.

No, I don't want bad players with a propensity to take penalties after the play. But that's not relevant to the discussion about Burflict.

5. Re: This is EXACTLY why I am glad the Ravens did not draft Vontaze Burfict.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    Brown's incident didn't happen in a playoff game.
    Remembering the wrong Zeus incident I think. 2 unnecessary roughness penalties late in the 4th quarter of this game: http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs03/series?series=tenbal

Blog Entries

Stone wasn't a good player, and Brown's incident didn't happen in a playoff game.

No, I don't want bad players with a propensity to take penalties after the play. But that's not relevant to the discussion about Burflict.
    Yes, Brown's incident did happen in a playoff game. The year that Jamal ran for 2000 yards, Tennessee came to town for the Wild Card playoff round.

EDIT: Okay, I see now, that we are talking about two different incidents. You are probably talking about when the ref hit him in the eye with the flag. I am talking about the two personal foul penalties against Tennessee.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    Maybe this post should be moved to the appropriate thread?
    Sorry about that, I thought I put it in the right one. How do I move a post?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Pollard was likely released due to the 'mutiny', not his toeing-the-line play.
    I think both played a part in his departure.

Pollard is a 15-yard penalty machine. If he keeps trying to demolish receivers, he's going to be suspended.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

He's not Aaron Hernandez or Suh. Still a great player I'm sure the coaches wish they got.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    and the GB player retaliated and got the flag.
    Just like on this message board.

I wanted him too.

Blog Entries

Maybe Burfict just wanted to see what the dude was packin' ?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

For all we know the GB player did something earlier that made the cup check necessary. The fact Burfict had the nads to do it right in front of the ref without getting caught is high school prank funny.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎