Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: This is EXACTLY why I am glad the Ravens did not draft Vontaze Burfict.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    The Ref was RIGHT there. He called it he saw it.
    Lol Aw come on Cincy, he pulled the Ric Flair where the ref couldn't see. All that was missing was the strut.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    I'd take him in a second.

Would you guys turn down Ndamukong Suh because of his extra-curricular activity on the field?
    Yes, and you know why, because that shit kills you in the playoffs. Do you remember the game Orlando Brown is most remembered for? How about the game Darren Stone is most remembered for?

They are going to go over to Houston in the Wildcard round and he's going to pull some stuff like this, and get caught, and it's going to crush any momentum they have up to that point. Book it. In the playoffs, this type of stuff gets exposed.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Its no secret that I was in love with this guy since he was at Arizona state. I wish we used a 7th rounder on him now, he's starting to emerge as one of the best LBs in the game. I could care less about this, I actually like dirty players.

Imagine Burfict next to Daryl Smith, or even in a 4-3, with Arthur Brown in the mix.
    TMI.

Who cares if hes a dirty player? Hes still really really good at football. Not saying that makes it ok, but he would certainly help this team win football games, and thats worth a 7th round pick baggage or not

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Its no secret that I was in love with this guy since he was at Arizona state. I wish we used a 7th rounder on him now, he's starting to emerge as one of the best LBs in the game. I could care less about this, I actually like dirty players.

Imagine Burfict next to Daryl Smith, or even in a 4-3, with Arthur Brown in the mix.
    Co-Sign.

Bad attitude or not would have loved to have him in purple. Our own Suh

Suggs would set him straight, he's been in his shoes.

Blog Entries

Burfict never would have become as good a player here as he's been with the Bengals. In fact I don't think he would be able to do the same thing on any other team. Marvin and Zimmer where exactly what he needed. Few other coaches would have gotten him to buy into their program. Harbaugh certainly would have no time for a lot of the nonsense that went on the start of last season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bl1tz View Post
    Co-Sign.

Bad attitude or not would have loved to have him in purple. Our own Suh

Suggs would set him straight, he's been in his shoes.
    Doubtful.

I also don't believe that Burfict would be a good fit in Baltimore's 3-4/hybrid D. He is a good 4-3 linebacker.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I was one of his harshest critics before the draft and i still thought he was worth bringing in as a UDFA, if not a late pick. Talent was there, his head just wasnt right and he had a tendency to get personal fouls. I didnt see the play in question, but I think hes proven to be a great value and some of those personal foul issues must have been corrected or this wouldnt be the first instance im hearing about.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Is that was Billick used to call a slap dick?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

R-title for the pun of the day!

Look at it this way. Would you rather have Tommy Streeter or Vontaze Burfict. If we had drafted Burfict instead of Streeter, would you be upset or happy?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Yes, and you know why, because that shit kills you in the playoffs. Do you remember the game Orlando Brown is most remembered for? How about the game Darren Stone is most remembered for?

They are going to go over to Houston in the Wildcard round and he's going to pull some stuff like this, and get caught, and it's going to crush any momentum they have up to that point. Book it. In the playoffs, this type of stuff gets exposed.
    Unless you're Tom Brady. Then you can drop-kick somebody in the nuts and no one cares.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh