Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: This is EXACTLY why I am glad the Ravens did not draft Vontaze Burfict.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    You guys are all saying that now, until he pulls that stunt here. If he pulled that stunt as a Raven you'd all be dissing him and going on about how that's not playing like a Raven.

That's the funny thing about this board. You'll hear complaining about Harbaugh making decisions based on Special teams abilities, until we either run back a score or get one run back on us.
    All the Ravens would have had to use is a 7th round pick. For that value, all the possible incidents are worth it because it's such a low risk move; it's not like cutting him costs anything.

Blog Entries

If you see Burfict play on a weekly basis he is a joy to watch. He has a nose for the football that I have not seen since Tim Krumrie. For an undrafted free agent I can cut him tons of slack.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Even if he implodes tomorrow for some reason, he's already contributed way above what they put out for him. Excellent value.
    This.

Blog Entries

Anytime you have an UDFA contributing let alone starting, that is a big win.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    We didn't waste a draft pick on him either. He's a keeper. Always where the ball is.
    All too true based off what happened. (badum ch)

That's literally a low blow by Burfict. If I ever saw Suggs or Ngata or Rice do something like this, I'd be embarrassed. You don't have to be a guy to know how unacceptable that sort of thing is from a sportsmanship standpoint. Pretty classless. And to try to do it on the down-low, too. I mean, sheesh, why do that?
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post

That's literally a low blow by Burfict. If I ever saw Suggs or Ngata or Rice do something like this, I'd be embarrassed. You don't have to be a guy to know how unacceptable that sort of thing is from a sportsmanship standpoint. Pretty classless. And to try to do it on the down-low, too. I mean, sheesh, why do that?
    I 100% agree with you. What he did is absolutely busch league and he should be fined. This just intensifies my hatred for that punk.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    We didn't waste a draft pick on him either. He's a keeper. Always where the ball is.
    Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Akashic, you beat me to it! ;)

It was unsportsmanlike and it was also dumb. What did Burfict think that swat was going to accomplish? The Packer guy put Vontaze on his butt and made him look like not just a chump but a poor sport on top of that.

Blog Entries

The Ref was RIGHT there. He called it he saw it.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

I'd take him in a second.

Would you guys turn down Ndamukong Suh because of his extra-curricular activity on the field?

10. Re: This is EXACTLY why I am glad the Ravens did not draft Vontaze Burfict.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    I'd take him in a second.

Would you guys turn down Ndamukong Suh because of his extra-curricular activity on the field?
    I think the front office may have already answered this with Pollard. Sure, Suh is (probably?) one of the best DTs in the league, so maybe Ozzie and Co. would give Suh more rope, but I'd say Pollard is a better match for Burfict's in terms of how their skill compares to the rest of the players at their position. 15 yard penalties are killers.

Blog Entries
    Its no secret that I was in love with this guy since he was at Arizona state. I wish we used a 7th rounder on him now, he's starting to emerge as one of the best LBs in the game. I could care less about this, I actually like dirty players.

Imagine Burfict next to Daryl Smith, or even in a 4-3, with Arthur Brown in the mix.

Burfict is a ticking time bomb. While at Arizona State he not only routinely delivered cheap shots to opposing players, he also delivered cheap shots to teammates, eventually becoming an obvious cancer that caused him to be benched. In time that will happen at Cincy; hell it is already happening.

If some of you are that intent on winning at all costs then god help you.