Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Joe Flacco "Almost There" (not quite top 10)

smh... when will these football analysts learn? Granted the article is for THIS YEAR and not a lifetime of work. But still, C'MON MAN!

Philip Rivers who has never won anything and owns a losing record this year is ranked in the top 5 along with fellow loser record QB golden boy Matt Ryan. Flacco at 2-1 can't crack the top 10. He's "almost there". Quite comical actually.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...g-the-starters

Blog Entries

Re: Joe Flacco "Almost There" (not quite top 10)

All about them fantasy stats man. Nobody actually cares about who wins and how you have to play to win a football game.

Credit to Rivers this year. He's playing well and really doesn't have much to throw to
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    Credit to Rivers this year. He's playing well and really doesn't have much to throw to
    I'm tired of hearing how good Rivers is every year from these national anaylst. The guy hasn't won shit. That Cleveland 3rd stringer just threw for 300+ yards and 3 TDs. I'm surprised he didn't crack this idiots top 10.

I don't see where the author is being unfair.

As you pointed out, the author is simply looking at this year so far.

Rivers has had a better season than Joe this year so far.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I don't see where the author is being unfair.

As you pointed out, the author is simply looking at this year so far.

Rivers has had a better season than Joe this year so far.
    Except for that glaring won loss record.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Except for that glaring won loss record.
    Going 1-2 is a great accomplishment apparently.

Funny to see no Tom Brady in the top 10. Also ANYONE who ever puts Tony Romo that high is high.... and completely going by numbers and not watching any game being played on the field. I don't care WTF Romo's stats are right now. He WILL fuck it all up when it counts the most. And he may just make it into the playoffs this year for a change... but only because the NFC E blows this year so far.

I don't remember where I heard it or read it but, Tony Romo is the exact opposite of Joe Flacco. Romo is a Fantasy Stats machine. He will rack up numbers all game or when it matters the least and then screw it all up when it counts. Flacco will look completely average all game long but he'll make the key plays that matter the most when you need them the most.

That's why Flacco has won a Super Bowl and taken a decent his team with average weapons at WR to the Playoffs 5 years in a row and counting... and Romo has squandered elite talent at the WR position year after year.

Blog Entries

it's all about the stats. I'd rather have boring wins

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

The bigger joke is the fact that they are actually ranking QB's based on the first 3 games of a season.

Exercise in futility.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Funny to see no Tom Brady in the top 10. Also ANYONE who ever puts Tony Romo that high is high.... and completely going by numbers and not watching any game being played on the field. I don't care WTF Romo's stats are right now. He WILL fuck it all up when it counts the most. And he may just make it into the playoffs this year for a change... but only because the NFC E blows this year so far.

I don't remember where I heard it or read it but, Tony Romo is the exact opposite of Joe Flacco. Romo is a Fantasy Stats machine. He will rack up numbers all game or when it matters the least and then screw it all up when it counts. Flacco will look completely average all game long but he'll make the key plays that matter the most when you need them the most.

That's why Flacco has won a Super Bowl and taken a decent his team with average weapons at WR to the Playoffs 5 years in a row and counting... and Romo has squandered elite talent at the WR position year after year.
    Excellent post.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post

John Eisenberg has a great article about this very subject. Eisenberg says Joe is earning every penny of his contract.

There is so much more to being a QB than gaudy stats. It's knowing how to manage the game as it unfolds which Joe is great at. People use the term "game manager" for a QB like it's a curse. The two best game managers are Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. Not only can these guys throw a football, but they know how to manage the flow of the game, and so does Joe Flacco.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...d-b3384d3eb46c