Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Bucs bench Josh Freeman

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-mike-glennon/

Guess the Bucs will continue to SUCK.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: Bucs bench Josh Freeman

But I thought Josh Freeman had more potential than Flacco?

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/201...r-elite-passer

Flacco was sixth on Dilfer’s list behind, in order, Josh Freeman, Mark Sanchez, Sam Bradford, Matthew Stafford and Matt Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    But I thought Josh Freeman had more potential than Flacco?

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/201...r-elite-passer
    Wow. The only guy on that list who is even remotely worthy of being mentioned in the same conversation as Flacco is Matt Ryan. 2008 produced two greats at the QB position in a way a single draft hasn't had but a few times in the common draft era.

This was coming b/c 1) Freeman was never Schiano's "boy", and 2) Freeman is not that good.

Unfortunately, for TB, Glennon is not that much better. However, if he can be accurate then he might be able to make a good short-term living throwing jumpers to VJax and MikeWill.

Their running game has to improve though. Rookie QB success is inversely proportional to the number of 3rd and longs that they see.

TB fans can be a bit encouraged though. If Glennon stinks, they may be in position to grab a 2014 QB prospect. Also, they won't have any major/tough cap/contract decisions until the 2015 season.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Schiano is the one who will be gone at the end of the year. He's hoping Glennon can save his skin but it's not likely.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Schiano is the one who will be gone at the end of the year. He's hoping Glennon can save his skin but it's not likely.
    Schiano's schtick doesn't work in the NFL.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Schiano's schtick doesn't work in the NFL.
    I remember when he had his players go after the knees of the offensive line on the victory formation plays. The offensive players said the Bucs were apologizing before the play saying "we have to do this".

My high school coach even taught us that was BS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I remember when he had his players go after the knees of the offensive line on the victory formation plays. The offensive players said the Bucs were apologizing before the play saying "we have to do this".

My high school coach even taught us that was BS
    And Schiano's response was basically we are trying to win. Well yeah maybe you should of tried that before the game was basically over. You can't play that hardass coach role unless you are a proven winner like Coughlin or Parcells. Players aren't going to respect a guy like Schiano coming into the NFL from college trying to control grown men like college players.

That's why I like Harbaugh. I feel like he has a good mix of being a players coach and a disciplinarian.

Blog Entries

Do we think anyone will trade for Freeman? Depending on the price there could be a chance, but it would still be difficult for Freeman to be successful this year, going to a completely new team and possibly learning a completely new system. I don't see a team signing Freeman to the extension he desires right now, so I don't see Tampa Bay getting a very favorable deal, given the circumstances.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Anyone remember when we played the Bucs a few years back? The boards were inundated with Bucs fans, talking more shit than any Steeler fan.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Do we think anyone will trade for Freeman? Depending on the price there could be a chance, but it would still be difficult for Freeman to be successful this year, going to a completely new team and possibly learning a completely new system. I don't see a team signing Freeman to the extension he desires right now, so I don't see Tampa Bay getting a very favorable deal, given the circumstances.
    Jacksonville should consider taking a flyer on him but the problem is, this is the last year of his contract. If he plays well he's going to want to get paid. I doubt any team wants to go there

Blog Entries

Jacksonville and Cleveland have stated that they have no interest in trading for Freeman.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.