I wrote an email to the WH, obamas public email, which i have no history of (probably late at night and/or drunk) about how dumb the assault rifle ban was back after SH and that the focus should be mental health and universal background checks (before the final version that basically was just that). One of his interns finally replied to me and after agreeing for 98% and pointing to some strides made in those efforts (including the ACA, which will help a lot of people suffering mental disorders that go undiagnosed/untreated currently which i do think is a big positive that gets overlooked) says i should also look into the AR ban that would prevent these tragedies, and to go support their ongoing battle to reinstate it... Way to completely miss my point intern and kudos on the timing.

Ive been pretty adamant that i could not care less WHAT people owned and more about WHO owns it. The DC shooting raises those same concerns. How could somebody with a history of mental disorders thats been kicked out of the military still gain access to a military site? Thats a bigger issue than the fact that the same person could also go get a gun because youd think that would be an internal check of their own system which should be a lot harder to miss. Im still in favor of universally enforced background checks that include a deeper look into mental health but it appears they may be gearing up for another run at an AR Ban. Anyway, thought id share as i found the timing of the reply and being directed to their ongoing ARB website forshadowing of whats coming.