Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 19 of 19
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,742

    Re: my letter from the white house...



    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Ok. Still don't see a problem.

    Are they supposed to not do either then?
    They can do whatever they want. I'm just saying, if first and foremost people wanna make money and there is more money to be made treating a cold than curing it, it's not that far fetched to buy into the big pharma wanting to keep us medicated.

    I'd say it's similar to people who study "global warming", if they say there is no more global warming, then what happens to their job of studying it?
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,506

    Re: my letter from the white house...

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    well it all comes down to greed ultimately. business wise it makes more sense to treat a symptom than cure a disease.
    Sometimes. Not all the time. And just because that axiom is out thee doesn't make it true.

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    repeat business is pretty much econ 101 for sustained existence. Sure you could make a quick fortune selling a cure, but when nobody has it anymore, you just lost your entire market. Good for 1 persons lifetime but when you figure its a company not a person longterm sustainability is more desirable.
    Ok. Then explain polio, Dtep, Dtap, pertussis, chicken pox, rubella, mumps, ....

    There's hundreds of cures / vaccines out there. Yes, there's money to be made in keeping people on drugs. But 9 times out of 10, there's a reason why they've not found a cure. And that reason is typically a virus that mutates too often (I.e. Cold virus).

    There's far more money in the cure.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,506

    Re: my letter from the white house...

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    They can do whatever they want. I'm just saying, if first and foremost people wanna make money and there is more money to be made treating a cold than curing it, it's not that far fetched to buy into the big pharma wanting to keep us medicated.

    I'd say it's similar to people who study "global warming", if they say there is no more global warming, then what happens to their job of studying it?
    I don't think the cold is a good example to make your point.

    The rhino virus mutates more often than we change underwear. That's why there cannot be a cure. There no human way to keep up.

    Money has nothing to do with it.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,742

    Re: my letter from the white house...

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I don't think the cold is a good example to make your point.

    The rhino virus mutates more often than we change underwear. That's why there cannot be a cure. There no human way to keep up.

    Money has nothing to do with it.
    The example got moved to the common cold, it wasn't meant to be that specific, just more of a general point.


    EDIT: and for the record, I'm not saying I totally believe big pharma wants to keep us sick, I've not given that much thought. I'm just saying it's not that far fetched.
    Last edited by NCRAVEN; 09-27-2013 at 03:03 PM.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland