Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Re: Mike Preston: Ray Lewis needs to stop being so self-serving

I for one agree with Mike Preston's article, but at the same time, Ray's comments did not upset me in the least. Common sense tells me that these are grown men, responsible for their own behavior, on and off the field. Bryant McKinnie has been known for years for his party type behavior (nightclubs, strippers, drinking, etc., etc). While I personally don't condone any of it, it is his business. It becomes a problem, when it is publicized on TMZ and negative publicity is absorbed by the club. It becomes a problem if police become involved and there is injury to players and others present. There is no way Ray Lewis or any Raven past or present could have prevented what happened Sunday night. Ray Lewis knows that, and any person with common sense knows that as well. Coach Harbaugh handled it the right way and I am sure our "Leaders" in the locker room handled it in their way. The public won't be privy to what was said to the team or among themselves, but by now, the whole situation is over and done. I do think if a situation like this happens again to Jones and McKinnie, that their days with the Ravens will be numbered.

Joe has something to say:
    "Ray knows better than that," Flacco said Wednesday. "Things happen. We’re usually a pretty good team with stuff like that. If you look around the league, there’s a lot of leadership problems then. Like I said, Ray knows better."
    Listen to how Flacco addressed the insinuation from Lewis that this type of incident wouldn't have occurred if he and Reed were still on the team.

"People are going to go out and do things after games and celebrate and do that kind of stuff," Flacco said. "Everybody cannot be everywhere. Nobody can prevent crazy things from happening. Stuff’s going to happen and you just have to deal with it."

Asked if he has addressed this incident in the locker room, Flacco said, "When you get the information of what happened, it is what it is. You laugh about it kind of. It’s funny some of the things we deal with. I don’t have too many comments on it because it would be taken the wrong way. It’s not really an issue."
    http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/cat...ltimore-ravens

Blog Entries

What Joe really wanted to say?: "Ray knew McKinnie couldn't keep his dick in check well before he even lobbied for Ozzie to sign him a few years back".
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    I just hope he doesn't turn into Jameison Hensley who sometimes seems to go out of his way to slam Baltimore.
    Funny you should say that, because Hensley has gone out of his way to back the Ravens on this. He's written about it multiple times and said point blank that there is absolutely no leadership issue.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

5. Re: Mike Preston: Ray Lewis needs to stop being so self-serving

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Funny you should say that, because Hensley has gone out of his way to back the Ravens on this. He's written about it multiple times and said point blank that there is absolutely no leadership issue.
    Good for him then. He certainly has taken shots at the Ravens previously that looked like he was just proving he wasn't a homer.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Good for him then. He certainly has taken shots at the Ravens previously that looked like he was just proving he wasn't a homer.
    That was when he was the AFCN blogger.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Pretty sure you're the only person who thinks that his pocket awareness is an issue.
    LOL! I was thinking the same thing.... :)

ESPN is paying Ray Lewis a million bucks so he would stir the pot.

IMO he's done a whole lot more good than bad, but yeah sometimes he's over the top.
    I disagree with the first statement. I think they are paying him for his analysis. He was known as a great defensive mind on the field.

I agree with the second statement. I'm not terribly upset when he says self-serving things, but I wish he wouldn't. It makes him look bad, and he makes the Ravens look bad by association.

Ray has response

Ray Lewis doesn't understand Ravens' reaction to leadership comments http://usat.ly/1fnnyZG via @usatoday

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
    Ray has response

Ray Lewis doesn't understand Ravens' reaction to leadership comments http://usat.ly/1fnnyZG via @usatoday
    Joe's response:

I never understood what half the things Ray said anyway.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Ray has response

Ray needs to get over himself.

Ray has response...
    "I'm totally confused with how someone can take something and make more of it, when what I was saying was so general," Lewis told USA TODAY Sports.

"If anybody takes offense to that, I don't get it. What did I say that was so bad?"
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...jones/2870159/

Really Ray? Guess it was someone else saying this:

But when you talk about what’s going on off the field, that’s the most important place where leadership steps up.

“When you think about the Baltimore Ravens and the transition that they went through, they’re missing leadership right now (EDIT: Is this a "general statement"?!?).When you have an incident like that, the first thing a leader is going to do is find some way to dissolve everything that’s going on and actually dissolve it before it comes to that type of head or even gets to this point. When you talk about the Baltimore Ravens they’re going to have to refocus and find some quick leaders in that locker room very quickly.
    A. He just needs to shut up about this because he's being totally contradictory and, as a member of the media, reporting pure speculation as fact. Or he better get used to having to repeatedly clarify his remarks.

B. The Ravens have said their piece and should just let it go at this point.
    Last edited by JohnBKistler; 09-26-2013 at 08:04 AM.