Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: Mike Preston: Ray Lewis needs to stop being so self-serving

THAT I agree with. There's one not-so-small difference in all of this and that's a team member got hit upside the head with a bottle.

Ever hold a champagne bottle? It's damn heavy and this incident is an inch or two away from being something much worse than it was.

As an organization, you don't simply throw your hands in the air and say "Gee, that was a close one. Lets leave it alone going forward". No, you treat it like it is.
    Agree completely.

The organization (and the fraternity of players) need to deal with it soberly.

That however, has no bearing on whether Lewis' "leadership" would have prevented it. (And I think it's fairly safe to say that it would not have, just as it did not prevent countless other player troubles that happened when he was here)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    It's not an answer that pleases you, but it completely answers the question as best as it can be, given the impossible nature of the question.
    Its not impossible. Either he wasnt' an off the field leader and hes wrong , or he was an off the field leader and the things that happened when he was here were a result in a lack of leadership, according to his logic.

At the end of the day, im just pissed cause this is just an unnecessary distraction for the team. If this had just been anybody,whatever. But this was the face of the franchise for 17 years, when he says something like this people listen and ask our players about it. Had he had a little more fact i might be okay, but to state an opinion that comes off as if i was still there this wouldnt have happened pisses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    but to state an opinion that comes off as if i was still there this wouldnt have happened pisses me off.

In a nutshell... This.

Its not impossible. Either he wasnt' an off the field leader and hes wrong , or he was an off the field leader and the things that happened when he was here were a result in a lack of leadership, according to his logic.
    You asked me why a man I've never said one word to said something on TV. That's totally impossible.

At the end of the day, im just pissed cause this is just an unnecessary distraction for the team. If this had just been anybody,whatever. But this was the face of the franchise for 17 years, when he says something like this people listen and ask our players about it. Had he had a little more fact i might be okay, but to state an opinion that comes off as if i was still there this wouldnt have happened pisses me off.
    Funny. I think the fact that a player got hit upside the head with a champagne bottle was more the distraction than something Ray was asked.

Blog Entries

Preston wins again. He should team up with Bayless

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=HoustonRaven;670722]You asked me why a man I've never said one word to said something on TV. That's totally impossible.[/QUOTE ] You said he was never an off the field leader, how did you know that without talking to him :)

[QUOTE ]
    Funny. I think the fact that a player got hit upside the head with a champagne bottle was more the distraction than something Ray was asked.[/QUOTE ]

One would think. But how many players werr asked about that vs. his comments?
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 09-24-2013 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Fix formatting

You said he was never an off the field leader, how did you know that without talking to him :)
    Observable results. Cmac certainly didn't benefit from him. There are other example too. It's a myth that Ray could fix troubled players.

One would think. But how many players werr asked about that vs. his comments?
    No clue. But he was and he's paid to answer those questions now. And I am glad he's not like Hoge who still licks the taint of his former team.

And I am glad he's not like Hoge who still licks the taint of his former team.
    Speaking for myself, if he had talked about what he perceived as Ravens' on-the-field weaknesses, it wouldn't have bothered me at all.

9. Re: Mike Preston: Ray Lewis needs to stop being so self-serving

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    the tension between Corey Graham and Chykie Brown, among others, during the AFC Championship Game.
    Hmm, I'm completely in the dark, what does this refer to?

Also, does anyone mind enlightening a rather young fan what the "character issues" with Alexander and Staten that Preston referred to were?

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    Ray's done too much for us to let a few words on a tv show bother us.
    ease up on the guy.
    I disagree.

The Ravens are horribly misrepresented in the media. This is piling on and worse validates to all the talking heads/producers that the Raven ain't chit without Ray. He could've been much more diplomatic but choose to make it about himself.

What's really funny is for all of the rapist troubles with the exception of Bradshaw (who hates him because Ben refuses to kiss terry's ass) no other Steeler took one shot at him. Some like the Fat bus and Hoge stood up for him.

Ray has to learn from this because when they eventually can him he'll still have a home to come.

Observable results. Cmac certainly didn't benefit from him. There are other example too. It's a myth that Ray could fix troubled players.

No clue. But he was and he's paid to answer those questions now. And I am glad he's not like Hoge who still licks the taint of his former team.
    Look I get that its your role to balance the flow of a thread(s) but Ray could've answered the question a lot better and still been objective.

I recognize that Ray is not that savvy like say a Shannon Sharpe but he has to recognize when he's being feed a loaded question.

Is anybody blaming the Patriots and Bill for a lack of leadership as it pertains to Aaron Hernandez maniacal ways?

Was Tom not a leader because he let this happen?

The answer is no and no which is why Ray's comments are just so stupid.