Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 157
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    4,492

    Re: Mike Preston: Ray Lewis needs to stop being so self-serving



    Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    I very rarely agree with Preston, but he's spot on here.
    I don't think Ray is in a position of judging the Jones/McKinnie deal in terms of leadership or even what happened but . . .

    That mutiny may have been brought under control with the help of Ray Lewis. I believe the reason some of our guys like Pollard are gone is because without Ray in the locker room Harbaugh was unsure if they could be kept "in line". This might be part of the reason Reed and Boldin aren't here.




  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    10,130
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Mike Preston: Ray Lewis needs to stop being so self-serving

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I don't think Ray is in a position of judging the Jones/McKinnie deal in terms of leadership or even what happened but . . .

    That mutiny may have been brought under control with the help of Ray Lewis. I believe the reason some of our guys like Pollard are gone is because without Ray in the locker room Harbaugh was unsure if they could be kept "in line". This might be part of the reason Reed and Boldin aren't here.
    I think it was a factor but money was the biggest issue boldin and reed aren't here. Houston was willing to pay reed way too much and boldin wouldn't take a pay cut.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free




  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    4,492

    Re: Mike Preston: Ray Lewis needs to stop being so self-serving

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I think it was a factor but money was the biggest issue boldin and reed aren't here. Houston was willing to pay reed way too much and boldin wouldn't take a pay cut.


    now Free
    Money was important but I think there is more to it.




  4. #19

    Re: Mike Preston: Ray Lewis needs to stop being so self-serving

    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Can't say I disagree with the Preston quote provided here.

    I can, however, as one who read Preston's column in the Sun today about Reed, say that it is the epitome of hypocrisy for Preston to call anyone else self-serving.
    I read that, you're spot on.




  5. #20

    Re: Mike Preston: Ray Lewis needs to stop being so self-serving

    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Can't say I disagree with the Preston quote provided here.

    I can, however, as one who read Preston's column in the Sun today about Reed, say that it is the epitome of hypocrisy for Preston to call anyone else self-serving.
    This.

    Mike Preston saying someone else is self serving is a big steaming pile of hypocrisy. Nothing more. He has always had it out for Ray Lewis. Always works that angle when talking about him.




  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Arbutus
    Posts
    1,875

    Re: Mike Preston: Ray Lewis needs to stop being so self-serving

    Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    This.

    Mike Preston saying someone else is self serving is a big steaming pile of hypocrisy. Nothing more. He has always had it out for Ray Lewis. Always works that angle when talking about him.
    Just because someone is a hypocrite doesn't mean they're not right though.




  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    8,180
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Mike Preston: Ray Lewis needs to stop being so self-serving

    IMO Ray Lewis is like a man whose (a) child feels like, "Oh my daddy is the very best there is (Super Bowl XXXV)." Then, years later (b), his grand child senses, "Oh my grandpa is the very best there is (Super Bowl XLVII)." ... Bc




  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Posts
    2,812

    Re: Mike Preston: Ray Lewis needs to stop being so self-serving

    What did he say that cause this reaction from Preston? I'd like a link to quote to judge for myself




  9. #24

    Re: Mike Preston: Ray Lewis needs to stop being so self-serving

    Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    What did he say that cause this reaction from Preston? I'd like a link to quote to judge for myself
    Scroll down the page.

    http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth




  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,952
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Mike Preston: Ray Lewis needs to stop being so self-serving

    Just to clarify, I don't think it was a big deal but it did come off as though he's hanging on a bit.

    But Ray can say whatever he wants and I'm good with it. Two superbowls? He's earned it
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Posts
    2,812

    Re: Mike Preston: Ray Lewis needs to stop being so self-serving

    Sounds as if he thinks it was a team occasion, in which case he would be correct, but from all reports Jacoby and McKinnie were the only two there, what do you want Suggs or ngata or smith or flacco or rice or Daryl smith to do here? Tuck them into bed by midnight?




  12. #27

    Re: Mike Preston: Ray Lewis needs to stop being so self-serving

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Just to clarify, I don't think it was a big deal but it did come off as though he's hanging on a bit.

    But Ray can say whatever he wants and I'm good with it. Two superbowls? He's earned it
    I'm letting it slide, he had to say something being on the spot on Nat'l tv. Cut him and you'll see purple.




  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cockeysville, MD
    Posts
    4,505

    Re: Mike Preston: Ray Lewis needs to stop being so self-serving

    Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    This.

    Mike Preston saying someone else is self serving is a big steaming pile of hypocrisy. Nothing more. He has always had it out for Ray Lewis. Always works that angle when talking about him.
    I remember reading articles about Ray Lewis as far back as 2004 where Preston said he wasn't the same player. I sensed an agenda even then.




  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Venice Florida
    Posts
    273

    Re: Mike Preston: Ray Lewis needs to stop being so self-serving

    Ray Lewis is a has-been. (yawn)




  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Florida Art View Post
    Ray Lewis is a has-been. (yawn)
    A has been of greatness




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland