Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Mike Preston: Ray Lewis needs to stop being so self-serving

Just to clarify, I don't think it was a big deal but it did come off as though he's hanging on a bit.

But Ray can say whatever he wants and I'm good with it. Two superbowls? He's earned it

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Sounds as if he thinks it was a team occasion, in which case he would be correct, but from all reports Jacoby and McKinnie were the only two there, what do you want Suggs or ngata or smith or flacco or rice or Daryl smith to do here? Tuck them into bed by midnight?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Just to clarify, I don't think it was a big deal but it did come off as though he's hanging on a bit.

But Ray can say whatever he wants and I'm good with it. Two superbowls? He's earned it
    I'm letting it slide, he had to say something being on the spot on Nat'l tv. Cut him and you'll see purple.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    This.

Mike Preston saying someone else is self serving is a big steaming pile of hypocrisy. Nothing more. He has always had it out for Ray Lewis. Always works that angle when talking about him.
    I remember reading articles about Ray Lewis as far back as 2004 where Preston said he wasn't the same player. I sensed an agenda even then.

Ray Lewis is a has-been. (yawn)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Florida Art View Post
    Ray Lewis is a has-been. (yawn)
    A has been of greatness

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I don't think Ray is in a position of judging the Jones/McKinnie deal in terms of leadership or even what happened but . . .

That mutiny may have been brought under control with the help of Ray Lewis. I believe the reason some of our guys like Pollard are gone is because without Ray in the locker room Harbaugh was unsure if they could be kept "in line". This might be part of the reason Reed and Boldin aren't here.
    I agree. I think Ray did a lot to smooth things over with the veteran players that weren't buying into Harbaugh's plan.

It's just comical to me that Ray is questioning leadership because of an off field incident. There were plenty off field incidents during his 17 years here that he didn't say a damn thing about. No all of a sudden it's a lack of leadership because he's not on the team.

I remember listening to Cal Ripken call the playoff series between the O's and Yankees last year on TBS and it was almost like he was going out of his way to be super-critical of the O's so as to not sound like a homer. I wonder if the same phenomenon is happening here with Ray. Or he really thinks he was such an irreplacable leader that the team is going to fall apart without his Bible-thumping. Only 52 knows for sure.

Blog Entries

*Sighs*.

This was the tough part about Ray joining ESPN. You knew he was going to have to say some things the producers wanted him to say and you just knew some feathers would be ruffled.

I guess the players sort of expected Ray to come to their defense and, I don't know if they expected him to buck the production meetings or what, but you could certainly see this sort of thing coming.

Yes, it is a bit hypocritical, because Ray and Ed were the ones that lobbied for McKinnie to be here in the first place. The entire time he was here, their leadership did very little to keep Harbaugh from having to put his foot up McKinnie's ass constantly.

However, I understand the business side of it.

However, Ray did do his part as a leader to cool many flames during the past few years. Reed calling out Joe. The mutiny, the tension between Corey Graham and Chykie Brown, among others, during the AFC Championship Game.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Can't wait for Houston Raven's take.

Just saw who asked Ray the question on camera. Trey Wingo, he is a sneaky Skip Assless. Watch out Ray, Wingo is a Ravens hater, always has been. Very sneaky though.

So apparently objective analysis is not what Ravens fans have been wanting all this time.

Some are actually hoping for a Hoge clone, slobbering all over his former team, never saying anything remotely bad?