Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 LastLast
  1. Re: Mike Preston: Ray Lewis needs to stop being so self-serving

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    They are often encouraged to say controversial things about their former team by the producers. TV people think that will get them publicity and viewers. Guys just starting out in the media business don't know any better and go along with it.
    Ray should have given the producers the "No Weapon formed against me " speech. ;)
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Re: Mike Preston: Ray Lewis needs to stop being so self-serving

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    Ray should have given the producers the "No Weapon formed against me " speech. ;)
    And right after that start crying and praising God and hugging whoever is on the set saying he did it he did it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

3. Re: Mike Preston: Ray Lewis needs to stop being so self-serving

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    And right after that start crying and praising God and hugging whoever is on the set saying he did it he did it.
    Who knows it might have rid the world of ESPN's bias. ;)
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    With the exception of Bam Morris and Ralph Staten, the biggest turd we've had on this team was Chris McAlister....who was here during the entire time the Ray Lewis "leader" legend was being created.

Who can forget the time Chris was finally suspended by Billick out in San Diego because he blew off curfew to travel and party back in his neck of the woods on Southern Cali? That right there was worse than anything Jacoby or McKinnie has ever done....where was Ray then?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Later, there was the time Chris once again blew off curfew, during Harbaugh's first season as HC, and honestly, showed up hungover for the Indianapolis game. Harrison smoked him. Part of it was his knee, but you could just see it in his eyes. McNair had that same look in his eyes when they lost to Indy following the 06' regular season.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    McNair had that same look in his eyes when they lost to Indy following the 06' regular season.
    Are you saying McNair was drunk or hungover during that game? That's the first time I've ever heard that. He had a horrible game, sure, but that's kind of a messed up accusation unless you have something to back it up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Are you saying McNair was drunk or hungover during that game? That's the first time I've ever heard that. He had a horrible game, sure, but that's kind of a messed up accusation unless you have something to back it up.
    It's been a strong rumor for years.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

It's been a strong rumor for years.
    I wonder if that rumor was started by the same folks who said Art Jones was out because he had an STD or hemorrhoids.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by walkingpneumonia View Post
    Seems to me this is more a gift than a damaging thing. We spent an entire offseason dealing with questions like "Now that Ray is gone, the Ravens are leaderless. Who will step up blah blah blah.." Ray thinks he sees a lack of leadership in the clubhouse so he is challenging them to assert themselves. Maybe Rays' perception is wrong and there is a quieter, less self centered leadership in the clubhouse, but in any event Ray is saying I am not your leader anymore -- whoever is replacing me as leader needs to step up and assert themselves. It was phrased as criticism but is actually a challenge and one that needs to be answered post Lewis and Reed Ravens. There has to be some split with the past and this is the opportunity to do it and Ray has served it up -- intentionally or not -- on a platter. The current players can't say "Well Ray doesn't know anything and is full of shit" without incurring the wrath of the fans and Ray's supporters on the team. They have to take the bull by the horns and actually lead. This is a great opportunity to split with the past and usher in a new era with a new generation of Raven leaders.

I like your spin on this incident.

I don't see the big deal. Ray was asked a question and he answered it. Its his job now. Its not like he spent the prior week formulating some deep profound response to an obviously loaded question from Wingo.

Most of this thread has more to do with our fan base's inclination to hate former Ravens once they have left Baltimore, IMO. I've never understood that.

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    I like your spin on this incident.

I don't see the big deal. Ray was asked a question and he answered it. Its his job now. Its not like he spent the prior week formulating some deep profound response to an obviously loaded question from Wingo.

Most of this thread has more to do with our fan base's inclination to hate former Ravens once they have left Baltimore, IMO. I've never understood that.
    Who is saying they hate Ray Lewis now just because he is retired?

To me, this is TWICE now that he's gone on ESPN and said the Ravens have no leadership, and last time he specifically mentioned him and Ed Reed not being there anymore. That seems very self-serving and I don't know how you can really argue otherwise. I love Ray and always will, but the man has quite the ego on him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    I wonder if that rumor was started by the same folks who said Art Jones was out because he had an STD or hemorrhoids.
    In all seriousness, this one was legit. Word got out that McNair showed up hungover for the game, which played a major role in his performance. You could then see him on the sideline with that look on his face.

It makes you realize commentating is not as easy as it seems. We all same dumb shit all the time. Mostly my wife and my cat are the only ones who know it. But when you get in a profession that a) tries to lead you into saying dumb shit, and b) tries to spin whatever you say in the most controversial way possible, and c) broadcasts it to millions of people, the only real choice you have left is to be as boring as possible. (I believe the correct adjective is belichickian.)

But Ray will never ever choose to be boring.
    "Chin up, chest out."

In all seriousness, this one was legit. Word got out that McNair showed up hungover for the game, which played a major role in his performance. You could then see him on the sideline with that look on his face.
    Impossible! We had Ray and Reed you know leaders :D

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2