Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 11121314 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Mike Preston: Ray Lewis needs to stop being so self-serving

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    (I believe the correct adjective is belichickian.)
    I'd go for darthhoodian but some might miss the reference...:D

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    In all seriousness, this one was legit. Word got out that McNair showed up hungover for the game, which played a major role in his performance. You could then see him on the sideline with that look on his face.
    No offense but it's not like you can ask him. He could just have been sick, had a tough night's sleep etc. I am not saying he wasn't hungover but since he is the only one who confirm or deny and ... Ray thinks the Ravens need another leader like Ray. He doesn't seem to realize that he was one of a kind and cannot be replaced with another Ray. No need for the sky to be falling or anything else that seems to happen here on a weekly basis.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    In all seriousness, this one was legit. Word got out that McNair showed up hungover for the game, which played a major role in his performance. You could then see him on the sideline with that look on his face.
    I heard he was ill from a Raven later after that game, but he didnt mention hangover.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    I wasn't actually there of course, so i can't say for sure if Ray or anybody else really made a concerted effort to talk to CMAC and help him out, but my understanding is that a number of players and coaches (to include Ray) did. I remember hearing Ray and others saying that Chris was a "bit different" and indicating that he was somewhat of a loner. I got the impression that the players did in fact try to connect with him, and if all these folks (including Ray) had not tried to help him, he would have been alot worse than he was.
    Of course he did.

Never said that he or anybody else didn't try and talk to him.

It goes more to my point that these guys are their own men...when it comes to off field stuff, there isn't much you can do unless you are going to convince single, famous millionaires to never go out of the house and enjoy themselves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Now Trevor Pryce and even Jaworski are chiming in with their opinions. Talk about overblown (IMO)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Most of this thread has more to do with our fan base's inclination to hate former Ravens once they have left Baltimore, IMO. I've never understood that.
    I have been very critical of Ray's "analysis" of this incident over this past week. More on that below. But to your second point first...

I couldn't disagree with you more. I like Ray. I like Reed. I like Jarrett Johnson. I like McGahee and hope he helps the Browns beat the Bengals this weekend. I guess I don't fit your "inclination" and I would suspect the vast majority of Raven fans are the same.

I don't see the big deal. Ray was asked a question and he answered it. Its his job now. Its not like he spent the prior week formulating some deep profound response to an obviously loaded question from Wingo.
    Ray's job now is to be an analyst...that means he is supposed to find out the facts of a certain situation, or the facts are given to him, and he is supposed to tell us what they mean in his informed opinion.

In this case, clearly, he had nothing in the way of facts to buttress his wild speculations on a "lack of leaders" in the Ravens locker room. Moreover, as has been repeatedly pointed out, he was holding the Ravens locker room leaders to a far higher standard than what was in place when he was a leader, or for any leader in any NFL locker room for that matter.

At best it was slovenly analysis...at worst, it was a deliberate attempt to drum up a story where there was none.

In terms of the Ravens, your are right, it is not a big deal. They've already moved on, and save for some probably hilarious locker room humor in the months to come, this incident is closed.

As for Ray, I hope he does better next time, because I do think he's very smart and articulate and could bring some thoughtful insight to that job. If not, then he will just be one of far too many "analysts" that are just getting paid for much of the same analysis that is done on these message boards. And as soon as his "newness" wears off, he'll be gone from TV.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Now Trevor Pryce and even Jaworski are chiming in with their opinions. Talk about overblown (IMO)
    I like both of those guys, honest and call it like it is. I wonder if Ray did this on purpose as a mind trick to fire the Ravens up. Fyi, Ravens at practice played an oldies song "sweet pea" over the loudspeakers as a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    Fyi, Ravens at practice played an oldies song "sweet pea" over the loudspeakers as a joke.
    As I said, Jacoby and Bryant are in line for the receiving end of some humor over the next few months. I could even envision a "Sweet Pea" package of plays being inserted into the gameplan when Jacoby returns.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    I could even envision a "Sweet Pea" package of plays being inserted into the gameplan when Jacoby returns.
    Yep, but right now those plays are bottled up
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    I like your spin on this incident.

I don't see the big deal. Ray was asked a question and he answered it. Its his job now. Its not like he spent the prior week formulating some deep profound response to an obviously loaded question from Wingo.

Most of this thread has more to do with our fan base's inclination to hate former Ravens once they have left Baltimore, IMO. I've never understood that.
    This is silly, (other mentioned an anti Ray agenda from this board even more silly.)

Ray is not your typical former Raven. He is our Jim Brown, Johnny U, Brett Favre or whatever. Few can have a post-player resume like Ozzie.

This is just not winner case for Ray, does Ray has a big ego? Sure! Will he be wrong? Sometimes and sometimes not.

However what is important - He was the greatest and the most valuable Ravens in the first two decades of this franchise.

Mike Preston: Ray Lewis needs to stop being so self-serving

Ray's not so off base now it would seem

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Ray's not so off base now it would seem
    It appears he was spot on.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller