Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dean Pees

Blog Entries

Dean Pees

At what point does some of the blame gets placed at his feet? We have seen the past two fourth quarters of games that this defense got owned. We were in position to get the ball back and possibly tie the game or take the lead, only to see the opposing offense methodically march down the field, basically ending the game. Pittsburgh, owner of the worse running game in the entire league, dominated our front seven to the tune of almost 5 yards per carry. With all of the upgrades on defense, I expected more, TBH. I'm tired of this bend but don't break philosophy. Last year I gave him a pass. This year, it's put up or shut up.

Re: Dean Pees

Where the heck has Haloti been?

MIA all season long.

When you hold a team, any team, to 19 points, you're doing your job as a defensive coordinator.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    When you hold a team, any team, to 19 points, you're doing your job as a defensive coordinator.
    Even when you can't get a crucial stop to get the ball back?

Including one that has Aaron Rodgers/Ben at QB.
    Hate them both but they are two of the toughest in the league

Blog Entries

We basically got punched in the mouth, and had no answer for it. That's all about attitude. This team has gone soft. There's no other way to put it. Soft and stupid.

I think Dean Pees is doing an adequate job. We are 11th in scoring defense at 21 per game, since the Denver game we are only yielding 16.5 per game. That would vault us to the top 3. That's pretty damn good considering how much of a passing league this has become. Our offense puts the defense in crappy position. Yes in the 4th quarter of the last two games we failed to get the necessary stops but what about the remaining 3 1/2 quarters when we were getting those stops? Need I mention we are second in sacks? Offense needs to step up.

Blog Entries

The defense has been pretty solid, even acknowledging they give up yards from red zone to red zone. It's points that matter, and they're ranked dead middle of the league.

I did see Ray Lewis yesterday talking about Rex's schemes and how you never now what to expect by the pre-snap read. He had 'that look' in his eye. It would be nice to get back to organized chaos but not sure who would run it, they're all HC's now...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

They have about 6 new starters getting their feet wet on this defense. If you expected them to come out and be a top 5 D within 5 weeks you were going to be disappointed regardless.

They're playing well and they'll get better as they communicate better and get even more comfortable with the D.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Even when you can't get a crucial stop to get the ball back?
    So if it were 0-0 going into that final Pitt drive and the D failed to get a stop, you'd blame them then too?

I understand the want to pick a drive here, or a situation there to focus on, but I think that it's unreasonable to expect this defense to be any better than what it is currently...which is better than average.

If we anticipate a run on first down, and are in a scheme and formation to stop it, yet a would-be tackler simply gets trucked by a rookie OLman or flat-out misses the tackle, then what does that have to do with Pees?

We have skill and depth, vets and promising youngsters.
    These cats need to turn up the f-in intensity, play smarter and execute.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    So if it were 0-0 going into that final Pitt drive and the D failed to get a stop, you'd blame them then too?
    This